House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ccc

Trust Me: I'm A Banker - Tv Tonight

Looks very interesting. All the non Jocks should hopefully be able to see it on BBC i-PLayer.

BBC Link

Have a watch of the wee clip. Says a lot about the attitudes in these places. :rolleyes:

Apparently we should be glad that we have invested in the broke Banks. Even Will Hutton makes a decent rebuttal of this nonsense.

Among the guests was one of the most powerful bankers in Britain, Truett Tate, group executive director of Lloyds Banking Group.

In a surprisingly frank interview, he told me that despite the economic turmoil triggered by the banking crisis, the taxpayer should be delighted with its "investment" into his bank.

Mr Tate, who was the highest earning Lloyds director last year with £1.8m, said: "There are a whole lot of people, myself included, who would love to get the kind of return on their investment that the taxpayer has made into this bank.

"They've made an investment that is making money. If you could come up with me, with an investment in the infrastructure which would have returned more for the taxpayers, I'm all ears."

In response, Will Hutton told me: "The idea that the tax-payer is waiting for the chance to buy some cheap bank shares and we are going to make some tens of billions as a consequence of that once in a lifetime opportunity, is a rather odd way of looking at what took place.

"It will take twenty years to get back to where we would have been and the loss of output is over a trillion pounds."

Wasn't lloyds nationalised at about 50p and it's now 70p so 40% over two years? Numbers probably not perfect but it must be about that.

And that's if they're sold now which theyre not and the housing Market doesn't collapse which it probably is.

Edited by Pent Up

I just checked my portfolio, where are my free, no, paid for 500,000 shares then?

---

Want to ruin a country? Send in the bankers, the real weapons of mass destruction.

Wasn't lloyds nationalised at about 50p and it's now 70p so 40% over two years? Numbers probably not perfect but it must be about that.

And that's if they're sold now which theyre not and the housing Market doesn't collapse which it probably is.

I think Mr Tate has forgotten about the risks invovled in this 40% 'profit'.

Roll up roll up for your 40% return over 2 years !!

Sounds great - where do I sign up !!

Actually I must point out that you may be on the hook for a few hundred billion here or there if anything goes wrong.

Ah....maybe not then.

The state is sitting on a huge paper profit, just like all the other Ponzi imbeciles. And all it cost was a mere £1.4tn in cash and guarantees. Practically loose change!

Time to start warming up the guillotine...

Edited by Dorkins

I'm just waiting for huge profits yet to materialise - and I'll sue anyone who says otherwise. ;)

A one second check to see how much Lloyds are hiding in their Bankrupt banks

OopS

"Feb 2010

Lloyds Banking Group continued to suffer the pain of its controversial acquisition of HBOS, notching up £24 billion in bad debts in 2009, but it said that the picture was improving.

Impairments :lol: at the UK's largest retail bank rose almost £9 billion, or 61 per cent, in 2009, mainly because of its huge exposure to property companies — a legacy of the lending binge orchestrated by HBOS's former head of the corporate bank, Peter Cummings"

It's probably TRIPLE THAT NOW as the USA got worse and UK commercial has tumbled! :P

Lloyds reported a loss of £6.3 billion, a slight improvement on the bank's 2008 loss of £6.7 billion. Excluding a £6.1 billion accounting gain on its own debt, the loss was £12.4 billion.

Total job cuts could reach about 40,000. The bank's headcount stands at 107,144.

They dumped UK workers onto the Taxpayers teat so they can make their figures look better - that's the ruse!

Edited by erranta

A one second check to see how much Lloyds are hiding in their Bankrupt banks

OopS

"Feb 2010

Lloyds Banking Group continued to suffer the pain of its controversial acquisition of HBOS, notching up £24 billion in bad debts in 2009, but it said that the picture was improving.

Impairments :lol: at the UK's largest retail bank rose almost £9 billion, or 61 per cent, in 2009, mainly because of its huge exposure to property companies — a legacy of the lending binge orchestrated by HBOS's former head of the corporate bank, Peter Cummings"

It's probably TRIPLE THAT NOW as the USA got worse and UK commercial has tumbled! :P

Lloyds reported a loss of £6.3 billion, a slight improvement on the bank's 2008 loss of £6.7 billion. Excluding a £6.1 billion accounting gain on its own debt, the loss was £12.4 billion.

Total job cuts could reach about 40,000. The bank's headcount stands at 107,144.

They dumped UK workers onto the Taxpayers teat so they can make their figures look better - that's the ruse!

...was it not Gordo who 'introduced' HBOS to Lloyds and then they in turn botched the due diligence ..?....farce upon farce under Nuliebour ..and what about the FSA who must have been somewhere ..you couldn't make it up....fact stranger than fiction..... :rolleyes:

Mr Tate, who was the highest earning Lloyds director last year with £1.8m, said: "There are a whole lot of people, myself included, who would love to get the kind of return on their investment that the taxpayer has made into this bank.

As a taxpayer I would love to get the investment sold immediately and I would be delighted to see my dead cat bounce "return" booked right now thank you very much and certainly before the double dip.

Edited by billybong

Looks very interesting. All the non Jocks should hopefully be able to see it on BBC i-PLayer.

BBC Link

Have a watch of the wee clip. Says a lot about the attitudes in these places. :rolleyes:

Apparently we should be glad that we have invested in the broke Banks. Even Will Hutton makes a decent rebuttal of this nonsense.

Among the guests was one of the most powerful bankers in Britain, Truett Tate, group executive director of Lloyds Banking Group.

In a surprisingly frank interview, he told me that despite the economic turmoil triggered by the banking crisis, the taxpayer should be delighted with its "investment" into his bank.

"They've made an investment that is making money. If you could come up with me, with an investment in the infrastructure which would have returned more for the taxpayers, I'm all ears."

In response, Will Hutton told me: "The idea that the tax-payer is waiting for the chance to buy some cheap bank shares and we are going to make some tens of billions as a consequence of that once in a lifetime opportunity, is a rather odd way of looking at what took place.

"It will take twenty years to get back to where we would have been and the loss of output is over a trillion pounds."

If I were Mr Tate I'd consider getting out of the country for bonfire night.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=LLOY.L&t=my&l=off&z=m&q=l&c=

Yeah Lloyds share price has done so much better than any investment, infrastructure and anything else you care to mention :lol::lol:

Investors must be so delighted and just loving the returns on their investment :rolleyes:

Edited by billybong

The tax payer rescued his shitty bank, printed up all the money needed to keep the system going, provided billions in loans and guarantees to his bank, and are also the ones being fleeced by the ever widening spread on deposits and loan rates.

He needs sacking, or shooting.