House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tigsrenting

Living In A Tent

An article from the local rag.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8443603.People_forced_to_live_in_tents_in_Sussex/

Seems it mostly eastern Europeans but I found the comments section very telling. Local people especially single normal men never get a look in where council housing is concerned.

Not surprised by Brighton Council. I knew they were more concerned about ethnic minorities when they had their own "Asylum Seekers Dept" ten years back. Still can't understand why they changed the department name though. ;)

Not surprised by Brighton Council. I knew they were more concerned about ethnic minorities when they had their own "Asylum Seekers Dept" ten years back. Still can't understand why they changed the department name though. ;)

I've done it before. Very unpleasant and fortunately short term in my case...

Comments like the following make me want to bang my head against the keyboard. ****ing stereotyping toffs.

have little time for such people, we have a great support network for people who are homeless if the conform to set rules on drugs, alcohol and pets. let them sleep outside and smoke their spliffs. in david camerons "big society" we should all look after each other..

i work every hour just to manage my place its hard work for most people, but people who opt out and want to live in a tent let them do it..

its their bed let them sleep in it..

Why doesn't the council put up some prefab houses and put people in them - they can get the housing benefit themselves too. Win win! You could hardly lose money could you. Brighton's always been a shitty place to live for single working men. Used to know builders down there who struggled eternally to escape slum landlords.

People have been living in tents around here for years. It's a disgrace yet defence spending always gets priority. Makes you sick!

Edited by gruffydd