House Price Crash Forum
brocken spectre

Bonkers Asking Price

Here is a House

on for £749,950,bearing in mind the asking price for a good 3 bed semi around here is under £400,000.

The area is pretty ordinary + 40ft garden!

BS

christ, if everyone posted their "bonkers asking prices" you'd have 60% of rightmove re-posted on here!

Might be being done in an attempt to delay creditors, someone I know who is in trouble with VAT has appeased them (for now) by putting his house on the market for £200,000, even though it didn't sell at £150,000 in 2007 when he actively wanted to sell it.

christ, if everyone posted their "bonkers asking prices" you'd have 60% of rightmove re-posted on here!

You sayin 40% of RMs aking prices are sane :blink:

North London, seems pretty normal to me. Ive seen houses not 100ft away from the north circular up at £1million plus.

Take this. OK all tarted up with swimming pool, but in a street of average semis, barely a stones through from the A1. £1.8million

http://www.rightmove...y-16030029.html

Looks like an inside-out wedding cake FFS.

North London, seems pretty normal to me. Ive seen houses not 100ft away from the north circular up at £1million plus.

Take this. OK all tarted up with swimming pool, but in a street of average semis, barely a stones through from the A1. £1.8million

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16030029.html

Anyone know how much it costs to maintain a swimming pool like that?

Here is a House

on for £749,950,bearing in mind the asking price for a good 3 bed semi around here is under £400,000.

BS

Mew...

http://www.rightmove...y-16030029.html

Mew...

.....Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub

Although, that last one. Chintzerama!!!

£6.75m (3 centuries of take-home pay for the average Briton) for an ordinary-sized 4 bedroom house?

It could only be London.

Christ on a bike! That's not even detached!!! Nearly £7m and you still run the risk of noisy neighbours.

This really tells you one of two things: Either that house is over-priced or the £ is trash.

This is exactly the sort of thread I have been discussing on the Scottish sub forum.

If you just read stuff on here - anyone outside London would think that you can buy nothing for under 500k there. When in fact that is far from the truth. There are numerous places within London where 2 bed flats are similar prices to Edinburgh for example (150-170k). Even in places like Fulham and Chelsea there are 2 bed flats for 250-400k. (Something I would never have known unless I had a look myself)

Now yes they are still extremely expensive and have a long way to fall. No arguments there. However what happens IMO is people always show the EXTREME examples of expensive London and rarely, if at all, show the numerous places that would make others in the UK think 'Well, it is expensive but it's London so in fact it's not thaaaaat bad'.

Here is a House

BS

Ah, Foxtons

That explains it.

Here is a House

BS

Wow. Look at the default picture - railings along the road to the left - which indicates a path immediately adjacent to the property. I'd see those and wouldn't even follow up with an attempt to find the property on Street View and see what was actually there - railings like that are never a good sign.

Wow. Look at the default picture - railings along the road to the left - which indicates a path immediately adjacent to the property. I'd see those and wouldn't even follow up with an attempt to find the property on Street View and see what was actually there - railings like that are never a good sign.

Pedestrian crossing?

beep beep beep every 5 minutes.

You don't want to live next to railings like that whatever they're there for.

Well curiosity got the better of me - I did go on streetview. To me it looks like a handrail for a small bridge over a brook / stream that runs adjacent to the house.

The house is on the corner of two roads. All along the side of the house is a nice armco barrier to stop traffic ending up in the drink!

Well curiosity got the better of me - I did go on streetview. To me it looks like a handrail for a small bridge over a brook / stream that runs adjacent to the house.

The house is on the corner of two roads. All along the side of the house is a nice armco barrier to stop traffic ending up in the drink!

So the house is at risk of flood then.

Like I said, railings are bad news whatever they're there for.

Edited by JPDorsetHP

It's right on the B1462. dry.gif

Here is a House

BS

Divorcing couple, chap played away and has moved out, wife wants to stay there as long as possible while she finds another bloke, so has put it on at an unrealistic price. (Nap)

Divorcing couple, chap played away and has moved out, wife wants to stay there as long as possible while she finds another bloke, so has put it on at an unrealistic price. (Nap)

Spot on I'd say. Went to look at one recently - want £475k for it. Couple divorcing. They (she?) turned down £450k from someone in a proceedable position.

She was very pround of her house. Rattled on about the remote control gas fire and who fitted the kitchen etc. etc. I said to my wife as we left; 'she'll never move out of there unless it is repossessed.'

In the Country this would be described as a babbling brook.In London,it is somewhere to leave your supermarket trolley.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16030029.html

Max selling price for the PC in question is 440K (in 2007), so it looks overpriced to me!

tim