House Price Crash Forum

Hewlett Packard To Axe 1300 Uk Jobs

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Good to see the private sector 'taking up the slack' now it knows it will be freed from the shackles of public sector crowding out in the manufacture of sh1te computer peripherals.

When translated means:

With these jobs losses being announced its going to be even harder to justify the cost of the public sector - we may have to cut quicker and deeper!

HOLA447

I have just seen on the Sky ticker this...

"Unite Union: Computer firm Hewlett Packard to axe 1300 UK jobs."

No link as yet.

I'm an HP employee, and just got the email this morning. Most of this announcement stems from the recent acquisitions HP has made. They use the "economically challenging environment" as an excuse to slash the employees of companies they have recently acquired.

To prove my point, the numbers they have published are as follows:

Technology Solutions: 93

EDS (Acquired in 2008): 1151

Global Functions (admin): 55

On a separate note, there are 1000s of HP employees (myself included) woking on central government public sector projects, so I'm fully expecting this to be just the tip of iceberg! At the moment, my job is the only thing stopping me from emigrating!

Edited by Sparkey

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

EDS have for years got away selling rubbish to the public sector and is mostly staffed by ex civil servants who switched to overpaid private jobs and grand titles. Now in their early 40s to fifties I can't see many of them getting snapped up as project managers, beta testers etc etc as most of they produced wasn't fit for purpose and they really didn't handle public information very well either.

HOLA4419

EDS have for years got away selling rubbish to the public sector and is mostly staffed by ex civil servants who switched to overpaid private jobs and grand titles. Now in their early 40s to fifties I can't see many of them getting snapped up as project managers, beta testers etc etc as most of they produced wasn't fit for purpose and they really didn't handle public information very well either.

yeah, but, they talk the talk, lunch the lunch, and ipad the ipad.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Dell too I'd suspect.

Different beast as they tend to only supply the h/w, it's the "people" delivering the services and the processes they use ...

Ask any of them if they know or have a CMDB and the answer is nearly always no, or yes but it doesn't work!

HOLA4425

Different beast as they tend to only supply the h/w, it's the "people" delivering the services and the processes they use ...

Ask any of them if they know or have a CMDB and the answer is nearly always no, or yes but it doesn't work!

Dell are always pestering you to buy their support packages though...