House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrpleasant

Hapi Down Again

My link

"One can expect falls of at least the same magnitude as seen before."

Amen to that.

thanks for the link - a rather bearish summary!

excuse me for posting a bit more of it:

How Deep Will This Second Dip Be?

The combination of increased supply, reduced buyer activity and restricted mortgage

availability is bringing about a second dip in asking prices. The pertinent questions

now are: how long will this falling market last and how deep will it go? During the

course of the first price drop, from March 08 to April 09, asking prices fell 7.5%. This

fall was arrested by extraordinary stimulus measures, bank bailouts and the

imposition of the lowest Bank of England base rate in the history of the UK central

bank. The unprecedented level of intervention in the UK financial markets ‘worked’

for a while – in as much as property prices stopped falling and UK banks are still

trading. However, such was the scale of public borrowing required to ‘stabilise’ the

system of credit, it was soon clear that this approach was unsustainable.

Edited by mattyboy1973

My link

"One can expect falls of at least the same magnitude as seen before."

Amen to that.

You've linked to last month's report.

The next release is supposed to be tommorrow - 12th October 2010 - unless you know different?

Edit - beaten to it!

Edited by Timm

In this report the index is 2.6% below that of May 2004...

Remember these are the housing asking prices of houses in the real world ie excluding >£1m.

SORRY! My mistake. I had a note in my diary to check after 11am this morning and so great was my confidence I didn't notice the small matter of the date being wrong. Try again tomorrow...

Right i keep seeing different reports saying prices back to 2005 or this one says 2004. Just ain't seeing around my way, people asking 2007 prices :blink:

Anyone remember the last crash i do, but wasn't in the market buying so never watched the prices, when prices where falling was vendors still asking 1989 prices in 1993-1994 etc. It really is different this time. It's insane.

Right i keep seeing different reports saying prices back to 2005 or this one says 2004. Just ain't seeing around my way, people asking 2007 prices :blink:

Anyone remember the last crash i do, but wasn't in the market buying so never watched the prices, when prices where falling was vendors still asking 1989 prices in 1993-1994 etc. It really is different this time. It's insane.

Where abouts are you? Many 07 prices still here in Essex but new listings are being priced lower and lots of lots of reductions taking them back a few years.

Edited by Pent Up

Where abouts are you? Many 07 prices still here in Essex but new listings are being priced lower and lots of lots of reductions taking them back a few years.

North Birmingham, Erdington.

I'm seeing a few reductions,but the norm is to fly a kite and stick on at 2007 prices.

October's report

Oh bottoms! 0.5%. However - look at the regional variation. Huge increase in East Anglia driving up the average!

Edited by Reluctant Heretic