House Price Crash Forum
Guest Alright Jack

Str Further Loses

Guest Alright Jack

The august figures make for entertaining reading for those of us who have shown the presence of mind, thrift, determination and hard work to invest over the years.

Any minute loses that the STRs have been ***** over for the last 10 months or so are totally wiped out in a single month.

You gotta feel a bit sorry for the STRs. They have turfed themselves out of house and home - their families too in many cases - at great expense, inconvenience and detriment of lifestyle.

I understand their position to some extent but it's a simple case of 'the longer you leave it, the tougher it gets'. My advice is, cut your losses and get back in before you wreck your marriages.

FTBs don't be brainwashed by the STRs, their hair brained scheme involves you abstaining and seriously undermining the your future prosperity. It cannot work, as i have said before, HPC has no-where near enough popular acclaim to even register a market share in general public opinion.

EDIT: my rude word got blanked out!

EDIT by moderator, your rude word is blanked out once again. If you edit it back in again, your posting ability will be disabled.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I didn't realise that rude words were not allowed pa se, provided they weren't directed at an individual in particular. I will refrain from such language in future.

Edited by Alright Jack

Guest Alright Jack
Sounds like the rantings of desperation to me.....

.... what's up? Bailiffs at the door? They're just doing their job. Have a little heart.

/G

Be a man, buy a house.

Or. get back to your parents.

yawn...:)

I have seen prices drop further then a two years ago..

I can go out now and buy a house for £30,000 less then a year ago in my area..

I don't understand where the statistics come from

But If I was buying a bottle of gin in the shop for £10.00 and the press said it just cost me £15.00

Chances are I would trust the prices I paid.

Cheers..

:)

(is this valid?)

But If I was buying a bottle of gin in the shop for £10.00 and the press said it just cost me £15.00

Cheers..

(is this valid?)

spelling was terrible..

but is the point valid...?

spelling was terrible..

but is the point valid...?

Looks valid enough for me :lol:

Back to Alright Jack's post though, i presume your refering to the halifax report, which i hope you read? and because you read it i hope you noticed the bearish nature of it.

Of course if you believe the Nationwide report (which is the biggest mortgage lender) then for the same period there was a 0.2% FALL. If you believe either one of them totally then your probably abit silly.

For the same period

Halifax says 1.6% Rise

Nationwide says 0.2% fall

Just like denise said.. what ya gonna do hotshot what ya gonna do?

Guest Alright Jack

Cheers..

(is this valid?)

So you are saying that you bought recently below asking price?

Well done! That's the name of the game.

So you are saying that you bought recently below asking price?

Well done! That's the name of the game.

What a day for the Bulls!! When I was involved in party politics a rush of activity like this would have been called stacking in :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: . Smell the Fear ;)

Guest Alright Jack
Just like denise said.. what ya gonna do hotshot what ya gonna do?

Well, she's stupid. The term is bigshot. bigshot.

got it?

Back to the point. The Halifax is based on actual sales agreements. Also, the Halifax index has a broader base than the other indices.

The guy above who talked some garbage about the actual shop price of a bottle of gin... well, that is more or less what the Halifax measures, the pre-completion transaction figures. Got it?

Interesting you chose high alcoholic spirit as your subject... tells a bit of a story I think.

House prices have stalled and drifted a little down but a whacking great jump upwards in such a short space of time - after the easing of rates - puts the reality of over demand in sharp focus.

The guy above who talked some garbage about the actual shop price of a bottle of gin... well, that is more or less what the Halifax measures, the pre-completion transaction figures.

_PRE_-completion? So the house across the road that's 'sold' three times now for 300k+ but never completed is included in those figures?

If that's true, it's no wonder they don't match reality.

Well, she's stupid. The term is bigshot. bigshot.

got it?

Back to the point. The Halifax is based on actual sales agreements. Also, the Halifax index has a broader base than the other indices.

The guy above who talked some garbage about the actual shop price of a bottle of gin... well, that is more or less what the Halifax measures, the pre-completion transaction figures. Got it?

Interesting you chose high alcoholic spirit as your subject... tells a bit of a story I think.

House prices have stalled and drifted a little down but a whacking great jump upwards in such a short space of time - after the easing of rates - puts the reality of over demand in sharp focus.

FT report - down again for 6th month consecutive.

Hometrack - down for 14 months consecutive.

My brother - can't sell his BTL for 15% less than he bought it for in Dec 03.

Even Halifax told you not to believe their figures, so my advice to you is...... don't.

Be a man, buy a house.

Why, got one for sale have we? Want shot of it sharpish eh?

:P

No thanks, I get a much better place for the money renting, why should I get an IO mortgage and rent (from the bank) a crappier place for more money?!

So this 1.6% in August makes you post that, where were you the previous 14 months? Telling people to sell sell sell? Surely you must've been if your logic is to have any consistency

Yeah, yeah. I don't agree with you so that naturally makes me a Troll. Change the record.

Come on, Jack. Look at what's happening on the ground. Read the FT article (see blog), which explains how, in a falling market, the Halifax can record price increases. It's because almost nothing is selling apart from really desirable stuff. All the usual over-priced houses are not moving, and won't, until the prices drop significantly.

I sold to rent and thank god I did. My old place is worth much less, and I did it back in 2003.

Both my sisters have just sold properties, and they did it by finishing them immaculately and pricing them cheaply. The market has fallen, and only those who accept it and get rid of their property now will stop themselves getting burnt.

Good luck with your house(s).

Lucky

Guest Alright Jack

In response to most of your posts.

Yes, I do keep up to date with the figures as far as I can be bothered.

One months figures do set not a trend I accept but such a large jump does rather put in perspective the miniscule losses that may or may not have been accrued over the last year.

You tell me to look what is happening on the ground. Well, I do. I look in my local property guides week after week. I scan my area on rightmove constantly and the truth of the matter is, the status quo has been set in stone for ages.

Conclusion: so called 'soft landing'.

I honestly believe that the market has found its new level. Population, excellent salary expectations, high employment - I know manufacturing has taken a little bit of a drubbing... low rates, that's to be expected! Manufacturing has small share in our economy and so does not make a huge difference to GDP.

Edited by Alright Jack

One months figures do set a trend I accept but such a large jump does rather put in perspective the miniscule losses that may or may not have been accrued over the last year.

You tell me to look what is happening on the ground. Well, I do. I look in my local property guides week after week. I scan my area on rightmove constantly and the truth of the matter is, the status quo has been set in stone for ages.

I honestly believe that the market has found its new level. Population, excellent salary expectations, high employment - I know manufacturing has taken a little bit of a drubbing... low rates, that's to be expected! Manufacturing has small share in our economy and so does not make a huge difference to GDP.

What about the other factors you fail to mention. Here's just one: from next year 50% of the next generation of youngsters will have around £30k of student loan to service (if the government's target is met)

Guest Alright Jack

Bugger! I burnt my tea talking to you.

Also, my above post should've said "One months figures do set not a trend I accept but..."

One months figures do set a trend I accept but such a large jump does rather put in perspective the miniscule losses that may or may not have been accrued over the last year.

Disagree with the analysis, the market is jerking all over the place as you point out, but this points to instability, not a stable situation. There is a lot of stuck property out there and employment levels are falling. Salary expectations (don't know where you got that from - most people (not managers, real people) have workplace agreements that don't go far). The american economy is faltering. We could trade indicators all day. My major one is FTBs. They can't get into the market due to price. This is not stabilising or good, it is demoralising and demotivating which is bad.