House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bearORbullENIGMA

How Sly Is This? - Bbc House Prices

The BBC didn't update their "UK house prices" page this July/August with the April-June figures.*

Well get this!!! They decided to suddenly update it at 11:55, Friday, 7 October 2010, showing

April-Junes positive figures (5-6 months after previous update) approximately 2 hours after the

announced 3.6% falls for September at exactly 10:09 same day.

Take a look:

Here at the date & time of the 3.6% falls article.

Here at the date & time of the nearly 2 months overdue update to the UK house prices page.

How sly, I mean coincidental is that?

* (Remember they used to update it every 3 months during the boom, till prices started dropping

too much & they decided not to bother for about 12 months, but then suddenly did one in April/May

2010 once the YOY figure was thoroughly positive again).

The BBC didn't update their "UK house prices" page this July/August with the April-June figures.*

Well get this!!! They decided to suddenly update it at 11:55, Friday, 7 October 2010, showing

April-Junes positive figures (5-6 months after previous update) approximately 2 hours after the

Take a look:

Here at the date & time of the nearly 2 months overdue update to the UK house prices page.

* (Remember they used to update it every 3 months during the boom, till prices started dropping

too much & they decided not to bother for about 12 months, but then suddenly did one in April/May

Good work.

Yes, the BBC are a totally corrupt institution now. I can't even watch their stuff anymore. Most young people aren't.

They don't even know they're wrong, nor that they're actually worsening their own position. Pumping house prices is destroying UK jobs, which only increases pressure on house prices down even more.

Just like the MP's with their expenses, the BBC and other media outlets were playing the property game big time. They're all in total denial.

Edited by worst time buyer

Take a look:

Maybe their house price page can't handle -ve number and they are working on it ? ^_^

Lol, the nato tanker incidents in pakistan were reported 8 days earlier, back when they began.

http://rt.com/Top_Ne...eteriorate.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk...h-asia-11506512

"The Pakistani Taliban have carried out a series of similar attacks since last week..."

Perhaps they always update the page with such a lag, a bit like the Land Registry data. Can't say I'd be that paranoid to check.

"The Pakistani Taliban have carried out a series of similar attacks since last week..."

Perhaps they always update the page with such a lag, a bit like the Land Registry data. Can't say I'd be that paranoid to check.

When the IRA (or some derivative) attacked a bank HQ with a bomb the BBC reported it as an attack on a 'commercial centre'. People are open about their contempt and anger for the banks in Ireland and I heard one interviewee tell a reporter that when he said that the bankers needed shooting it wasn't a figure of speech.

Edited by Reluctant Heretic

Lol, the nato tanker incidents in pakistan were reported 8 days earlier, back when they began.

http://rt.com/Top_Ne...eteriorate.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk...h-asia-11506512

Being unemployed, you would think you could of a) read the BBC news when it happened, or b.) done a simple search before posting such stupid comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11463490

Of course the BBC reported the attacks, as did most other news sources.

Edited by Peter Hun

Aren't you the guy on my other thread here who said that this service hadn't been stopped because you'd seen the page up during that time?

Did you get my response to that?

No they didn't Stop the page.

They stopped updating it.

In May 2009, if my memory serves me correctly.

You may have looked at it in January, but it would have still been showing the last update that they made 8 months

prior to that.

Edited by bearORbullENIGMA

Take a look:

Some people seem to see conspiracy written in the potato peelings. The big fall probably just caused someone to move that task up their to-do list: "Oo-er house prices are big news today, i'd better update that page".

The 3.6% fall was plastered all over the BBC radio and web news on the day, but because another obscure page was updated on the wrong day it must all be VI conspiracy.

:rolleyes:

Of COURSE the BBC aren't unbiased, because they consist of human beings, all 6 billion of whom are biased. But to suggest they play devious games with the timing of little-used webpages in order to give an infinitessimal boost to some editor's BTL portfolio seems lacking in credibility.

The 3.6% fall was plastered all over the BBC radio and web news on the day, but because another obscure page was updated on the wrong day it must all be VI conspiracy.

:rolleyes:

There is no conspiracy theory here. The government doesn't need to conspire with the BBC to propagate it's

line, since the BBC is state ran, it owns it. Just as rich elites don't have to conspire with the "free" press to

propagate their Vested interests, because they basically own the media.

Plus, such heirachical institutions (state or privately owned) are based on a system of power from the top down.

Journalists (their employees) have a proven track record of obedience to power. They instinctively

follow the line.

This is a radical institutional analysis & not a conspiracy theory at all. The theory of the PR industry & the

mainstream media's help in the manufacturing of consent & it's role in democracy is fully peer reviewed &

hasn't been successfully disputed.

With regards to this specific timely update, it is possible that the news of falls could have reminded them on,

but then why was the page not updated for over a year previously, when they had similar news of falls? It was,

after all, always updated at regular 3 month intervals during the boom.

Things will become much clearer as house prices drop over the next year or so. Will the BBC continue to

update this page regularly OR will it conveniently forget to update (again) during price falls? If it forgets a

second time, it would be much harder for anyone defending the BBC to make a case.

Edited by bearORbullENIGMA

When do the figures for the July-September quarter get released?

Well, I posted this thread when the Jan-March figures of this year were suddenly updated (after

about a year or so of not bothering to update them). That was near the end of May, but if my memory

serves me correctly, they had updated it at the end of April or the start of May. Meaning it took them

about a month to come up with the figures (I seem to remember this is how long it used to take

them to get the figures out during the boom).

So, I was expecting the April-June figures to be released at the end of July, early septemberish. Of

course, they hadn't bothered till October (hours after the release of the news of huge falls).

So working on that basis, July-Sept should have been released in late Oct, early Nov, but to give them

the benefit of the doubt, let's say 3 months after the belated update for April-June, making the next update

around early January.

I can see them updating it, if the figures are still showing YOY positive, or only very small drops.

The BBC are a joke.

Why on earth the general public should pay a tax on air waves to keep this biased organisation in business beggars belief.

The coalition government are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

Let's hope the BBC go on strike and then I can get a rebate on my "telly tax".

Call me Dave had a direct snipe at that bloke off Newsnight last week for sending so many (11) reporters to Brussels (where they have an office anyway) to cover the EU budget discussions...

Pretty big news you might think the PM having a dig at the State Broadcaster but only the Daily Mail reported it the following day.

I tell a lie it was in the India Times as well as I made a point of googling the story.

So why would the BBC not want to report it?

Call me Dave had a direct snipe at that bloke off Newsnight last week for sending so many (11) reporters to Brussels (where they have an office anyway) to cover the EU budget discussions...

Pretty big news you might think the PM having a dig at the State Broadcaster but only the Daily Mail reported it the following day.

I tell a lie it was in the India Times as well as I made a point of googling the story.

So why would the BBC not want to report it?

I lost count at the number they sent to that Chilean mining disaster. I think there were more BBC bods there than Chileans.

I can see them updating it, if the figures are still showing YOY positive, or only very small drops.

So the BBC released the July-September 2010 house price figures here.

They have them at:

YoY +10%

Quarter +6.9%

It's amazing that their figures, no matter how they were calculated, managed to show such a healthy

quarterly rise, particularly in the quarter where the halifax house price index found a drop of 0.9% &

the nationwide house price index found a drop of 0.9% also (later adjusted to -1%).

Whilst the BBC just stopped updating the figures (for about a year or so) the last time they went negative,

it looks like this time, they might just change tactics & keep publishing rises, regardless of everybody

else reporting falls.

Detached houses in Oxford have been rising at more than 10% a month over the last quarter, according to the BBC.

Listening to Radio 5 Live yesterday their guest Ricky Gervais noted how there were 3 pictures of Tony Blair in reception.. and no-one else.. I think it's safe to say the Left are well entrenched at the Beeb