House Price Crash Forum

The Next Trigger

FTBagain

HOLA441

Two years ago we went through the worst recession since WWII and resolved nothing (except to move the debt from the bankers to the tax payer of course). The thing is, aren’t recessions supposed to rebalance the economy?

And then there is the current situation globally, QE, the threat of currency wars, the jobless recovery (especially in the US) and the eurozone crisis etc etc. Oddly though the markets appear to sail serenely on wards and up wards...

Seems to me that the conditions are all set for another big 'crash', all we need is a trgger. My favourite would be an European bank going belly up. Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas?

HOLA442
HOLA443

Two years ago we went through the worst recession since WWII and resolved nothing (except to move the debt from the bankers to the tax payer of course). The thing is, aren’t recessions supposed to rebalance the economy?

And then there is the current situation globally, QE, the threat of currency wars, the jobless recovery (especially in the US) and the eurozone crisis etc etc. Oddly though the markets appear to sail serenely on wards and up wards...

Seems to me that the conditions are all set for another big 'crash', all we need is a trgger. My favourite would be an European bank going belly up. Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas?

A crash in the markets is quite likely but not inevitable. Markets often look surpisingly and insanely bouyant just before a crash. Now is just such a moment. If we pass to next summer without A CRASH and new QE is in full swing, then it has been averted and it will just be inflation CREEEPING and a HPC.

Edited by plummet expert

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

an act of terrorism

i hate to be cynical but clearly this is optimal from a political perspective it is the only possible trigger (made up) that has a chance of eing politically sellable to the majority, its a slightly superior excuse than the political and corporate classes being greedy, corrupt fraudulent tosspots

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4419

The Vatican will announce they're insolvent and require bailing out following catastrophic losses on derivatives/rate swap contracts arranged by the Giant Squid in 1452.

They will be forced to liquidate their portfolios and make margin calls on left footers everywhere. Tony Blair will have all his homes repo'd, announce he's converting to Judaism and relocating to Jerusalem giving Imadinnerjacket the perfect excuse..............

HOLA4420

Not so sure about the 'next' trigger.

I quite like the old one.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk24RdfXWcg

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

What gold?

Yeh! The silly CB's sold their gold at the bottom. The Bank of England @ Gordos behest sold near perfectly at the bottom. They are all holding or buying more now that the price is at or close to record highs. Strange ain't it...

Personnaly I think CB's selling is a long term buy signal. :huh:

HOLA4425