House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

A Tribute To Putin... A Glorious Action Man

This was inspired by a BBC (ugh) story on Putin and his action man image. It was pretty comical, and made me wonder how the Russian people could support such a character, but there ya go.... takes all sorts.

Anyway, here's a few photos to show just how Putin spreads himself about....

300_putin,0.jpg

putin.jpg

putin_tiger_2.jpg

putin-bear-1_1626111i.jpg

putin_judo.jpg

putin-man-boobs-fishing.jpg

100727_putin2.jpg

putin_7.jpg

pg-22-putin-swim-ap_230944s.jpg

Really?

I think Putin looks like a joke. For all Brown and Blairs obvious failings, at least they didn't act like vain imbeciles during a middle age crisis.

Putin is incredibly popular in Russia!

Just why is he riding a 3-wheeler in that picture!

Surely he has a better sense of balance than Boris Yeltsin! :o

Putin made some very questionable decisions and isn't exactly Mother Teresa (see the handling of the Chechen affair), but compared to the likes of Blair and Brown...I'd put him ahead.

Putin is incredibly popular in Russia!

Just why is he riding a 3-wheeler in that picture!

Surely he has a better sense of balance than Boris Yeltsin! :o

I'd prefer Putin over any of the UK or US's leaders for the past 20 years though, the Russians I met in Western russia had good things to say about him. The Siberians less, though they were happy about the new road built through Siberia (the Amur).

Anyway 3 wheelers and side car bikes are popular in Russia as are square form tyres (often modified car tyres). In Russia bar the bit before Cheyalbinsk the roads are long straight and boring. When I rode it the bit from Cheyalbinsk to Omsk and then Novosirbisk were horrible. I would sit at 40mph on a road which was straight and mostly flat with no scenery, 10 hours later it'd look the same, 2 days later it would look the same.

The Amur highway is no fun anymore because it was sealed up tarmac, but when I went over it, it was 1200miles of pure deep gravel off roading madness.

For all Brown and Blairs obvious failings, at least they didn't act like vain imbeciles

They didn't need to act. They were naturals. :lol:

:lol:

Wasn't meant as a joke! :blink:

I think Putin is seen as putting Russia first, and that's popular! ;)