Another One To The Slaughter

Mark5290

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Bart of Darkness
if you dont start working on n life at our age by the time you know it your 50 with nothing. if i own 4 propertys by the timw im 25. live in one and let out the other 3 then by the time im 50 ill defo be a million air. and thats min

The best laid plans...?

This guy obviously expects prices to keep rising as they have done. :lol:

million air? No.

Hot air. Yes.

HOLA446
HOLA447
40 years.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not only 40 years but 40 years interest only.. the plank is still going to have to pay 250K when he's 60.

I hope the historically interest rates don't go up in the next 5 years or so :lol: thinking about it that is the least of his problems.

I dont even like the idea of a 25 year mortgage to much, let alone 40 :lol: .

HOLA448

that will be the biggest rent anyone has ever paid in a long time.

Really though this is a huge problem.

40 year morgages?? what next to keep the bubble alive - Lifetime morgages??

Lending £250,000k to a 19 year old who probably earns about £19,000

And even then giving him a 110% morgage?? He couldnt even save up a deposit!!

This is definately going to end up in tears.

My only worry is this is a windup cause if it isnt there is definately something worng in the market place out there!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well I felt sorry for him - he's 19 - just a kid.

The irresponsibility of the lenders amazes me though. I can't see why they lend to people on these terms as it must be a big risk for them. Maybe they've been caught up in all the house only go up BS that they've been spouting?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

His view is probably that he has taken out an option on the housing market.

If prices rise, he makes money with massive leverage.

If prices fall, he loses a fortune, goes bankrupt and starts again, at a pretty young age.

From the point of view of a 19-yr-old with unspectacular career prospects this could seem a very good strategy. A fast track to £250K profit (he's seen prices double recently) or a period of working his way back into credit.

How many years before a personal bankruptcy is no longer a burden? 10 years? He'll be 29, younger than many FTBs these days.

I think it's crazy immoral behaviour, and the banks irresponsible for lending to someone like this. But the fact that they do will make it a temptation for some.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
He has also bought a brand new Renault Clio 182 Trophy by the looks of it. :blink:

Who's Ben182 then?

Hi,

I'm Ben182... been looking at this forum for the last few days, and it does make interesting reading.

I doubt the guy on cliosport was a wind-up, he's made a lot of posts on the forum. It is very worrying, he could potentially ruin himself if/when there's any downwards correction. Also interest only, not the greatest plan especially if viewed as a long-term option. Still there are always going to be people doing crazy things like this if someone will lend them the money.

HOLA4418

He'll be begging for mercy this time in 12 months, his house will be worth less, he'll have paid none of the original capital off and *really* struggling to make his monthly payments. I suspect he won't be owning that Clio for much longer anyway.

I especially like his naivety and then trying to tell people he's being clever "beating the system" :D

He *really* does believe he's getting a good deal :blink: - he's just blinded by the fact he suddenly has a few thousand in his bank account, that will dry up almost instantly and he'll be left with the reality of an ENORMOUS debt and defaults/bankruptcy. He has saved up nothing, zero deposit, now has a £250k mortgage - he works in a bloody bar for god's sake!

Utter, utter stupidity - from both him and the lender.

Someone who spells millionaire "Million air" doesn't deserve to be one anyway.

"WELL basicly i get a 89% mortgage. but i get 20% of the price of the house therefor iv got 9% cash back to playwith. so i pay a 5% deposit and the rest on stamp and stuff. so i actually pay nothing upfront. clever ay."

No.

"if i own 4 propertys by the timw im 25. live in one and let out the other 3 then by the time im 50 ill defo be a million air. and thats min"

Edited by FTB

HOLA4419

I think this line sums it up:

"its not much but its in Guildford and its £250,000. "

This really shows how detached from reality people are, pure monopoly money, he's just a kid with no actual concept of what he's doing, he's a teenager who works in a bar and now OWES a QUARTER OF A MILLION POUNDS and has to service the interest on that every month.

What if...interest rates go up to 6% ? Can he then afford the repayments? My left foot he can.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
He'll be begging for mercy this time in 12 months, his house will be worth less, he'll have paid none of the original capital off and *really* struggling to make his monthly payments.  I suspect he won't be owning that Clio for much longer anyway.

I especially like his naivety and then trying to tell people he's being clever "beating the system" :D

He *really* does believe he's getting a good deal :blink: - he's just blinded by the fact he suddenly has a few thousand in his bank account, that will dry up almost instantly and he'll be left with the reality of an ENORMOUS debt and defaults/bankruptcy.  He has saved up nothing, zero deposit, now has a £250k mortgage - he works in a bloody bar for god's sake!

Utter, utter stupidity - from both him and the lender.

Someone who spells millionaire "Million air" doesn't deserve to be one anyway.

"WELL basicly i get a 89% mortgage. but i get 20% of the price of the house therefor iv got 9% cash back to playwith. so i pay a 5% deposit and the rest on stamp and stuff. so i actually pay nothing upfront. clever ay."

No.

"if i own 4 propertys by the timw im 25. live in one and let out the other 3 then by the time im 50 ill defo be a million air. and thats min"

"I pay nothing up front. Clever ay?" No, because you'll be paying interest on it for 40 years you tw@t.

HOLA4422
"I pay nothing up front. Clever ay?" No,  because you'll be paying interest on it for 40 years you tw@t.

I didn't actually realise he'd just bought a *brand new* car too - I'm guessing that's on finance too. I'd love to know how he plans on putting petrol in the car and buying food. Credit card perchance...?

Scary.

HOLA4423

Just been on one of the mortage calculator sites - 5% for 40 years, and I doubt the interest rate is this low! :blink:

The bottom line, is that this interest only mortgage for £250,000.00, over 40 years, will cost you £1,041.67 a month.

In taking out this loan, you'll pay a total of £500,000.00 in interest. At the end of the mortage terms, you'll still owe £250,000.00

:o:o:o:o:o

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
that will be the biggest rent anyone has ever paid in a long time.

Really though this is a huge problem.

40 year morgages?? what next to keep the bubble alive - Lifetime morgages??

Lending £250,000k to a 19 year old who probably earns about £19,000

And even then giving him a 110% morgage?? He couldnt even save up a deposit!!

This is definately going to end up in tears.

My only worry is this is a windup cause if it isnt there is definately something worng in the market place out there!