House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Donald Trump And His 'world's Best' Golf Course Plan In Aberdeen

For any who do not know. Basically he wants to build a mega golf resort up near Aberdeen. A few locals have refused to sell their places. He is not happy.

Story

Is he not missing something here ? Is he perhaps a little slow and missing an opportunity ?

Imagine the attraction to tourists and golfers. One of the best golf courses in the World. However slap bang in the middle, a few holes have to curve around an old farm where the local guy refused to sell up to the big bad American tycoon. :rolleyes:

You cannot make that shit up. It 's like some smultxy Hollywood film - except it is real !!

He has been given a unique selling point for the course, something that tourists would absolutely love, and that would instantly make the course unique.

Yet he is trying to get rid of it.

He needs to think outside the box IMO. To use a poncy phrase. :D

I dont think anyone would want to play a game of golf around someones tatty old farm.

I have great sympathy for what the farmer has been put through. Donald Trump strikes me as a total bully and a horrible man.

But I think the situation is an embarrassment for trump as surely most people would feel uncomfortable playing golf in someones back yard knowing they faught with everything they had to keep them out.

I dont think anyone would want to play a game of golf around someones tatty old farm.

I have great sympathy for what the farmer has been put through. Donald Trump strikes me as a total bully and a horrible man.

But I think the situation is an embarrassment for trump as surely most people would feel uncomfortable playing golf in someones back yard knowing they faught with everything they had to keep them out.

Then I don't think you are much of a golfer then ?

Every course you play, everywhere you go. You are alwasy looking for something different. It is what playing different golf courses is all about. That shot over the ravine. That shot over the inlet where your ball may rop into the sea. That old rickety farm slap bang in the middle of the course you had to draw a drive around.

It would be a winner IMO. I can imagine they could do it very well. Let the farmer keep access. Put up some nice trees and mounds of Earth to sculpt around most of it. Whilst also leaving a few cheeky wee glimpes of the 'angry farmer's house' for the golfing tourists to have a gander at.

It is intersting. And anything intersting sells better than something that is not.

Correct! I have only ever once played golf.

I suppose you could be right. it would be very different.

You should go to Cardigan in west Wales to the cliff hotel golf course in Gwbert. Its right on the jagged cliff face with huge drops, small beaches below, I've seen the waves spraying over the course at times. Can be very beautifull and very dramatic. I often walk on the beach accross the estuary called poppit. The rockpools are full of golfballs after a storm. I guess plenty loose their balls accross the estuary.

Correct! I have only ever once played golf.

I suppose you could be right. it would be very different.

You should go to Cardigan in west Wales to the cliff hotel golf course in Gwbert. Its right on the jagged cliff face with huge drops, small beaches below, I've seen the waves spraying over the course at times. Can be very beautifull and very dramatic. I often walk on the beach accross the estuary called poppit. The rockpools are full of golfballs after a storm. I guess plenty loose their balls accross the estuary.

Yep that is what I am thinking about. You played that course - you have played golf once - yet you remember that unique aspect of that course. For those who have played course after course in country after country all over the World ? A random farm in the middle of an amazing course would, IMO, be a serious + selling point.

Anyway I am going to have a look at the submitted plans to see if there is any info on the size of the farm/buildings involved. If they are huge my plan may be ******ed !!