House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Else Not Really Give A Shite About The Chile Miners "human Interest" Story

pl1

HOLA441

I reckon some of the miners might be better off not surfacing for a while...

"As though the Chilean miners trapped underground for weeks needed more to worry about, their personal lives just got complicated — apparently their wives and mistresses are fighting it out on the surface".

There's trouble above ground too: according to the Telegraph, the miners' wives and girlfriends are fighting over who gets government support while the men are trapped. Back on the surface, these dudes were apparently busy — one guy has four ladies fighting over him. Says Red Cross worker Marta Flores, "There has been a lot of conflict between women. We had a big bust up in the canteen tent when a wife came across a woman who claimed to be her husband's lover – we had to step in and pull them apart before things got physical."

http://jezebel.com/5629574/love-triangles-make-things-even-worse-for-chilean-miners

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I reckon some of the miners might be better off not surfacing for a while...

"As though the Chilean miners trapped underground for weeks needed more to worry about, their personal lives just got complicated — apparently their wives and mistresses are fighting it out on the surface".

There's trouble above ground too: according to the Telegraph, the miners' wives and girlfriends are fighting over who gets government support while the men are trapped. Back on the surface, these dudes were apparently busy — one guy has four ladies fighting over him. Says Red Cross worker Marta Flores, "There has been a lot of conflict between women. We had a big bust up in the canteen tent when a wife came across a woman who claimed to be her husband's lover – we had to step in and pull them apart before things got physical."

http://jezebel.com/5629574/love-triangles-make-things-even-worse-for-chilean-miners

Ouch.

Imagine said miner emerging into the daylight to a number of slaps from irate women. He'll probably turn around and go back down.

HOLA443

There was a piece on the BBC shortly after they managed to finally break through to where the men were trapped.

Tim Wilcox (presenter) turned to one of the engineers and asked "What was the reaction of the miners when that happened?"

What a pointless, ridiculous question: I mean, FFS, what did he expect him to say: "Well, they were a bit annoyed because they were in the middle of dinner at the time"

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

It seems there are already book and film deals waiting for them....

I can see the movie now...

"Bruce Willis plays Pedro Cojones, the man who went down...but never gave up...'

The news programmes make big bucks these days.

Don't be naive - they are here not to inform you, but to make even more money.

They want you to watch them - they don't care anymore what is shown.

Most of it is lies, NLP and cultural marxism.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

Florencio Alvanos will be the first miner to be rescued (or suffer a very humiliating and public death) live on SKY NEWS!

This is almost as enthralling as Gazza taking his fried chicken and fishing rod to Moaty before he had his head blown off (Moaty not Gazza).

Get the beers in it's going to be a riveting few hours...............

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Yawn. The BBC is responsible for pushing this story like a seedy drug pimp more than any other. 25 reporters? You just know that is probably true without even verifying it.

While we're on it, lot's of people thought Raoul Moate was a good story. Where's his multi-page thread now?

edit: Anyone ever seen that Kirk Douglas film "Ace In The Hole"?

HOLA4414

I hear the miners are going to produce a Xmas album.

Ok, I'll start you off with possible covers:-

Going Underground - The Jam

New York Mining Disaster 1941 - The Bee Gees

I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash

Gold (but mainly copper with a sprinkling of other mineral deposits) - Spandau Ballet

Gratuitous rendition of El Condor Pasa and other assorted South American folk songs on Pan Pipes

HOLA4415

Will they be driving to the record company in....

Morris Minors?

:D

HOLA4416

Earlier I disagreed with the OP but I now take it back.

Whilst I hope they make it out, god the BBC are making hay from it.

Plus I hear the miners have agreed media deals whilst down there in the hope they never have to work again.

Opportunist on all sides it seems.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

My thread was started first and dare I say it was slightly better, but I'm pleased the writer of the other thread shares my sentiments!

Sorry, didn't see your thread.

I see Sky news have a "Miners Rescued" totaliser. Currently showing 0 of 33. OTT?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Sorry, didn't see your thread.

I see Sky news have a "Miners Rescued" totaliser. Currently showing 0 of 33. OTT?

:o

******s sake. A second by second commentary. Constant chat by the expert pundits to avoid quiet moments. Bit like QVC really.

HOLA4422

Gold (but mainly copper with a sprinkling of other mineral deposits) - Spandau Ballet

Gratuitous rendition of El Condor Pasa and other assorted South American folk songs on Pan Pipes

the only way is up-Yazz and the plastic population

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Hopefully when the miners are rescued from their underground tomb the banana republic of the UK could hire it out and send all labour party members of the last government down there and seal up the hole. Somehow I don't think the UK are even capable of sealing the hole properly let alone mounting this type of rescue. Can you imagine how many health and safety officers, diversity officers, emergency planning officers, and other idiots the UK would insist on. A no smoking policy would be the main concern rather than the rescue

HOLA4425

I'm watching this live and the first rescuer is on his way down the hole. They are all singing the Chilean national anthem and there is an atmosphere of hope and expectation. They are not a very sophisticated lot, with a nylon strap and a snatch block for a rope guide and the communications support wire clamps tightened up with a pair of needle nosed pliers, even though I was yelling at the screen 'For God's sake use a wrench" but you have to give it to them for doing something that has never been done before. It is getting cold there and Jeepers they've got a camera in the mine and he is down with a lot of jubilation. good on 'em!!

First one on his way! What a show. . . . . he's out, and his little boy in tears, hugs his Dad and then his wife and God damn it they bin and gone and done it!

Archived