House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

Anyone Else Not Really Give A Shite About The Chile Miners "human Interest" Story

It's almost like the News agencies WANT these human interest stories. This has been pretty much force fed to us like one of those long-play soap opera stories you get from time to time. It's either been done as filler material on light news days or because News agencies have become so enshrined up their own news asses they work to a 50 year old template about what constitutes a good news story.

It's clich├ęd, morose, personal to the families and nothing much to do with me, but it's been force fed for weeks, dragged out and played for all [they think] it's worth.

Miners trapped in Chile; I'm sorry for them, I really am and good luck to them. But it's nothing to do with me and I'd rather listen to a pub bore banging on about his ex-wife.

If they are really miners they might have dug their way out!

I think they are actors! :huh:

Is it just me or does anyone feel like this story has been ramped far too much by the media? Ok, so it was quite interesting for the first couple of days but come on!.... they're stuck down a hole, they have food/water and contact to the surface, They were always going to get rescued & it was just a matter of time. The media seemed excited by the fact they could have been stuck down there until christmas but now it's likely they'll surface over the next few days. It's not like they had to start eating each other. BORING.

**Goes bck to sleep.**

Over hyped story.

WTF? I'd like to see how you two coped being stuck underground for days, let alone months.

Think it's an incredible story. Im not normally that emotive about these things but I hope they get out in safely.

My thread was started first and dare I say it was slightly better, but I'm pleased the writer of the other thread shares my sentiments!

This is the greatest search and rescue story in history. The worlds finest mining engineers have come together to attempt the impossible. The outcome will turn into a blockbuster film. God speed the rescue of those 33 brave men.

It's like International Rescue, only in slow motion.

that is exactly what it is. Its history in the making. To even locate the men was a miracle in itself. This incident will be the greatest rescue in history if its successful. Still a long way to go yet though. Just keep any special forces well away from the scene. Any rescue attempt by them usually ends in disaster. Leave this one to the experts.

If they are really miners they might have dug their way out!

I think they are actors! :huh:

more subliminal news,

just like the wave of toxic red sludge threatening hungary and eastern europe(again)

or maybe perhaps the maltese vessel parked around the south coast of england which is in jeopardy and could release it's load of hazardous chemicals,polluting the waters.

and now the sport.London Irish have been thwarted in their attempt to sign the wales frontman Gavin Henson.

Harlequins,WASPS and saracens have also declared they are not interested.

It's not that I don't give a shite! I do hope they all get out OK!

Still, I agree with DaftBoy, and think there's a film in the making!

Because Hollywood has run out of ideas! :huh:

WTF? I'd like to see how you two coped being stuck underground for days, let alone months.

Think it's an incredible story. Im not normally that emotive about these things but I hope they get out in safely.

+1

Horrific nightmare for the men and their families.

Please, please, please, let nothing go wrong as they start to bring them out.

dont worry, bbc have sent a team of 25 to cover it all the way. they are the second largest press contingent there. you wont miss a thing

i really hope they get the opportunity to take in the Atacama on the way back, its breathtaking

dont worry, bbc have sent a team of 25 to cover it all the way. they are the second largest press contingent there. you wont miss a thing

Do you have a linky for that?

While I agree with Kyoto on this story - it's an incredible story, drilling a hole 600m deep to pull 33 men out one by one - I would love to know why the BBC needs to send more than 1 reporter, 1 cameraman/gopher, and 1 local interpreter/problem fixer.

It's the site of a rescue mission for Xst sake, the press will be kept out of the way and spoon fed releases as and when needed.

that is exactly what it is. Its history in the making. To even locate the men was a miracle in itself. This incident will be the greatest rescue in history if its successful. Still a long way to go yet though. Just keep any special forces well away from the scene. Any rescue attempt by them usually ends in disaster. Leave this one to the experts.

Nah... getting Apollo 13 back to earth safely was though.

They must spin it out to Christmas, that's the humane way to do it.

And the marketing options are enormous!

Don't you mean "awesome" ?