House Price Crash Forum
ralphmalph

Eu Says We Must Let Thousands Of Indian It Workers In

They don't just hate IT workers they hate everybody.

Just think of a farmer and his cattle. More = better. Moo! We are Moo! livestock and if we want to beat them then we have to Moo Moo Moo!

Stop the ride, I want to get off. :angry:

See my new world order post.

Equating more bodies to higher GDP regardless of the consequences. It will end very badly for the whole population.

I think it is in preparation for the next great war tbh, as the next great war will be an infantry war, as simply we cannot afford gold plated machines of war we'll have to use masses and masses of infantry and it'll be a blood bath.

Actually it is a master stroke!

In that the Indians get to come here, while we get to access their markets....

The thing is the biz that comes here will notice they have been handed a huge turd, while we can pick over the huge turd which is India too!

A planned "free trade agreement" with India, to be signed this December, will give skilled Indian IT workers, engineers and managers easy passage into Europe in return for European companies gaining access to India's huge domestic market.

"Thousands" they say.

So if their market is so huge why do they need to seek employment in the UK. Just to push UK house prices up some more and to make it even more difficult to afford a wage in the UK competitive with overseas. Neat trick that by the EU who have more manufacturing than the UK - to keep the UK uncompetitive.

What's the point of spending time doing IT and so on and going into all the student debt in the UK if every time you try to get ahead a little you're undercut by the EU and often by your own government.

It sounds as if they're going to take over the whole caboodle in the UK from shop floor to management. What's left of it that is.

We've had NuLabour now we've got the NuNutters running the UK around.

Edited by billybong

I think it is in preparation for the next great war tbh, as the next great war will be an infantry war, as simply we cannot afford gold plated machines of war we'll have to use masses and masses of infantry and it'll be a blood bath.

Unless someone threatened actual invasion of the UK (who? France? Germany? Belgium??), I doubt that many people would volunteer to join the forces for a full-on war. Or even put up with conscription. People are too cynical nowadays. This is why all the democratic countries have pretty much moved to a smaller, better paid, but volunteer army.

The days of any two first-world countries waging full-scale open war against each other have gone. Last time they did that, they were both throwing everything they had into an all-out conflict that they were determined to win.

Try that now, and any serious conventional war is going to be seen as the prelude to a nuclear exchange. And both sides know that, which is why they haven't done it for a long while. Whoever lost a big battle, most of their soldiers, tanks etc destroyed, facing the other side invading and taking over their country, are going to think, "right, we now have no choice but to use our last option".

When Indians come to the EU which patch of territory do they choose? Not Germany.

This is the EU doing the bidding of the UK, knowing that the UK is the destination of choice.

So long as the agreement is reciprocal I don't see a problem - it's actually an expansion of prospects for UK citizens.

What's the point of spending time doing IT and so on and going into all the student debt in the UK if every time you try to get ahead a little you're undercut by the EU and often by your own government.

It sounds as if they're going to take over the whole caboodle in the UK from shop floor to management. What's left of it that is.

We've had NuLabour now we've got the NuNutters running the UK around.

There is very little point trying to get ahead. Britain has thousands of unemployed youngsters. It would be easy to train some of them up but that is more difficult than importing ready trained talent. Paying Indians moves money out of the British economy. Paying unemployment drains tax resources. It's perverse when the country is already bankrupt.

Just look at the state of the armed forces. They fight with barely enough kit but Britain doesn't mind paying billions to make illegal immigrants happy. Pathetic.

Usually I'm all up for keeping these chaps out, esp as alot of them come into IT with only book knowledge and completely no idea of how to apply their skills!

Look at the bigger picture, if EU companies can open up a market of 1 billion people, then I think we should try and give them the advantage! It'll help the companies bases back in the EU, create job opportinites in India and increase turnover for EU based companies. The major risk is that the EU companies realise that the indian chaps are quite clever and move research centres over there, like what people fear with airbus.

If your company all of a sudden got access to over a billion more customers, that can only be seen as a good thing, just fingers crossed we don't get swamped!

If your company all of a sudden got access to over a billion more customers, that can only be seen as a good thing, just fingers crossed we don't get swamped!

Thats Nulabour policy, lets keep our fingers crossed millions of people from the 3rd world wont come when we open the floodgates.

We've already opened our markets for the Indians to wholly buy our companies and have 0% or next to no tariffs on the goods they wish to export to the biggest market (in monetary terms) in the world.

I think its time for them to reciprocate such deals, not for them to blackmail us to putting more of our workers out of a job or on a even lower wage.

Edited by BuyInOxford

I despair! In the midst of a recession (which may turn into a full blown depression), rising EU unemployment the EU politicians are suggesting this! Are they out of their tiny minds? Or are they so arrogant that couldn't give a flying feck what the proles think - they are going to do what they want anyway....

Why don't they just go the whole hog and let India join the EU. We can have all the workers we'll ever need then. While they're at it, let the whole African subcontinent join the EU too.

I'd really like to know the actual individual who came up with this rather than it being an "EU proposal". It would be nice to know who is stabbing you not in the back but right in your face!

Grrrr....

crude.

Anyone who's been watching "An Idiot Abroad" can see these people are no competition for us.

We really need to get out of the EU though. Not only a massive waste of money, but comes up with pathetic shit like this.

Anyone who's been watching "An Idiot Abroad" can see these people are no competition for us.

We really need to get out of the EU though. Not only a massive waste of money, but comes up with pathetic shit like this.

Disagree Johnny! Our British idiots are well respected abroad! :huh:

Not sure what the EU is doing with thoughts on India though!

I thought it was still British, or British-like, not Belgian!

Anyway, it's up to the Indians now!

nah, we can use our banking expertise and sell loans to millions of assetless Indians...blowing up their economy and ours too.

Everyone dictator/emperor worth their salt seems to have had an Indian Regiment - even Hitler had one.  (opps just proved Godwin's Law).

If we go down this route, we want first dibs on a Sikh Regiment as they have a long and proud warrior history. 

What better way to sop up excess housing--especially in Spain where flats by the thousands lie empty. And in Ireland where ghost towns beckon the homeless. And in our country where the CBI so desparately needs more workers willing to work for low wages to improve the numbers in employment.

NZ anyone?

I have travelled around India and they all said they would like to come to the UK. They may be poor but they can raise or borrow the air fair to get here. Then we will have lots more people to house. There are so many unemployed, including in IT, that they will simply join the dole queues. Anyone can set up a company and anyone can offer them contracts. It is easy to set up a UK company and hire yourself to get the visa, once here you do whatever you wish.

Tesco could sack all its check out operators and replace them with cheaper Indians. The locals then have no jobs and have to sell their houses to the new arrivals to make ends meet. All that has happened is they replace one group with another. The displaced group sit on the dole. Yet the displaced vote, the Indians don't. They will vote BNP to get them out and get their jobs back.

It's just trying to get access to the Indian market.

TBH I can see a major upset for people predicting the economic rise of India eclipsing China, if you compare the precision and organisation of the Olympics compared to the travesty of the Commonwealth Games (along with a lot of contact with offshored/onshored IT projects) I am highly skeptical of India becoming anything other than a body shop.

Now at the moment Indian IT companies enjoy an advantage in being able to use a cheaper cost of living within their country and lower wages, however success means wages begin to rise, and already inflation is a big problem for the Indian economy.(Had this discussion with a director at work the other day, he was of the opinion Indian IT staff were already becoming "too expensive" in comparison with Eastern Europeans who are already in the EU, well educated, can usually speak several languages, and don't have the personal initiative problems a lot of Indian nationals have)

Western economies on the other hand are starting to see large scale unemployment, falling asset prices and a lowering of wages which means that on cost there will be a more level playing field (though that ignores a whole world of pain we will go through in terms of lower standard of living, loss of asset "wealth").

I suspect there will come a point where there is no economic advantage to hiring Indian staff, and at that point the Indian "economic miracle" will founder, as it's largely built on supplying services to the West cheaper than anyone else, if that market disappears what happens to the "economic miracle"?, however unlike the Chinese they don't have the advantage of a political dictatorship that can control their economy and respond much faster to changes than a democracy (Not saying it's right by the way, just the way it is the much vaunted "trains running on time " effect).

Edited by madpenguin

It's just trying to get access to the Indian market.

snip

why not just let India join the EU?

or, better still, why not just expand the EU to cover the ENTIRE GLOBE?

Or has the idea of trading with foreigners just been dumped out the window....

I think thats how I will vote from now on. I just dont see liblabcon making my life or the country better.

I don't think the BNP are too keen on people like you.

why not just let India join the EU?

or, better still, why not just expand the EU to cover the ENTIRE GLOBE?

Or has the idea of trading with foreigners just been dumped out the window....

If companies can potentially make a lot of money out of it, it will happen, politicians are tools (Literally!! :lol: ) of big business not the other way round.

<<why not just expand the EU to cover the ENTIRE GLOBE?>>

I already find it amusing how flexible the description of the "EU" has become, but then again it's mainly a trading group, therefore anythings possible!

<<Or has the idea of trading with foreigners just been dumped out the window....>>

But that's the whole idea of this (Look loads of money in Country X, let's go get it!!)