House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobbins

Dried Italian 'parmesan' Cheese

Hi,

Desparate measues here. Many years back it was actually called dried Parmesan, until the Italians objected to the EU and then it became dried Italian cheese. Love it on my pasta, but can't find any of the big pots anymore.

You used to be able to get the 250g pots from the chilled section of the usual suspect supermarkets. Now all you can get is the tiny pots for over a quid (they last two pasta meals at most) from the pasta/tomato puree section. Not to be confused with dried cheese, which is not of the Parmesan type variety, and is completely disgusting.

Anyone know where to get a large 250g pot of dried Italian cheese? I've tried Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda with no luck. As soon I can find somewhere, I'm buying 10 pots which should keep me going for a year or two.

Thanks in advance,

Bobbins.

Anyone know where to get a large 250g pot of dried Italian cheese? I've tried Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda with no luck. As soon I can find somewhere, I'm buying 10 pots which should keep me going for a year or two.

Costco.

Although I much prefer real parmesan and grate it as you need it. I tend to eat lots of it when I'm grating it as well, it's just to nice to resist.

Hi,

Desparate measues here. Many years back it was actually called dried Parmesan, until the Italians objected to the EU and then it became dried Italian cheese. Love it on my pasta, but can't find any of the big pots anymore.

You used to be able to get the 250g pots from the chilled section of the usual suspect supermarkets. Now all you can get is the tiny pots for over a quid (they last two pasta meals at most) from the pasta/tomato puree section. Not to be confused with dried cheese, which is not of the Parmesan type variety, and is completely disgusting.

Thanks in advance,

Bobbins.

LIDL

A Lidl parmesan goes a long way for shoppers feeling the pinch (Guardian Article)

Buy a block and freeze it, can be grated straight from the freezer

Cheese is the new gold! :huh: