House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbird 900

Darwin Award Wiiner

Shopping centre officials have vowed to strengthen the doors of the lifts to ensure the accident is never repeated.

Yeah, it's bound to happen again soon :huh:

A classic example of people talking BS. What are the odds they'll never strengthen the doors? Of course they won't. Because they don't give a damn and because freak incidents like this are one in a million.

/rant

I think it was suicide. They have a shame based culture in the far east. Probably killed himself to avoid bringing on his family the shame of being outsmarted by the lift.

Lifts are cunning beasts. They have often delivered me to the wrong floor after I "pushed" their buttons.

Yeah, it's bound to happen again soon    :huh:

A classic example of people talking BS. What are the odds they'll never strengthen the doors? Of course they won't. Because they don't give a damn and because freak incidents like this are one in a million.

/rant

I don't think this was an accident, just stupidity and aggression.  It  isn't fair to say this about everyone, but a lot of people on those mobility scooters are arrogant tossers - I've seen them deliberately run into people  particularly at conventions in the US at the sight of a buffet.

Personally I think they should be banned with the exception of those with real needs. I don't count not being able to walk because your too fat as real need.

Maybe he had seriously bad eyesight. And as the door moved a little as he first ran into it - he thought it was a swing door or something ?

Either that or suicide. If he knew if was a lift shaft he knew the score.