House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruffydd

"let Them Hate As Long As They Fear"

Y

Oderint dum metuant

http://translate.goo...um%20metuant%0A

http://en.wikipedia....phrases_%28O%29

oderint dum metuant let them hate, so long as they fear

favorite saying of Caligula, attributed originally to Lucius Accius, Roman tragic poet (170 BC); Motto of the Russian Noble Family Krasnitsky

Remember!

People of a similiar mind, even by meeting online can be regarded as Serious Criminals, according to The 1997 Police Act, because we dare participate in '...conduct by a number of persons in pursuit of a common purpose...'

The police and security services are allowed to bug and camera, and search our homes, without a warrant.

Unbelievably Under the act, intelligence information can now be gathered on us and be sold or 'exchanged for gifts of property' with any business the police think could make good use of it.

[Legalised bribery, just as the money system is legalised counterfeiting]

The Criminal Justice Act 1995 is a criminal Act of Parliament which, like the Public Order Act, gives the police power without responsibility.

It makes innocent fringe lifestyles: travellers, ravers etc. virtually illegal and is part of the ongoing militarisation of the police.

Police officers can shoot to kill, and never be held accountable, for manslaughter and even murder.

[Which has already happened.]

[Obviously all of this was enacted under the Fascist Labour Party. So what are the Tories going to do about it Mr Davis, hmmmmm?]

But You, yes, YOU. Are not really supposed to pay too much attention to this.

I would not think Police Fascism would be so blatantly obvious.

So therefore I am thinking this is a hoax?

Now please forget you read any of this, and be a good little prole, and move along to the next subject on the forum..................

LET THEM HATE, SO LONG AS THEY FEAR

This is basically a direct admission by the police that they are Fascist isnt it?

They may as well have just printed:

THE UK IS A FASCIST POLICE STATE. GET USED TO IT.

Someone somewhere has obviously instigated 'damage control' which is why I could only find it referenced in very few online articles.

I cannot believe that it is not headline news, splashed all over the BBC News at ten.

I still cannot get my head around it. The Public should be informed at large.

http://www.indymedia.../10/464395.html

This Latin phrase is attributed to Caligula, the brutal Roman emperor and translates as "Let them hate so long as they fear". This led me to wonder why they would choose such a provocative emblematic phrase to represent their public order police unit, particularly one which places them squarely and ominously in opposition to the general public they are supposedly here to protect. I also wondered whether those who chose that emblem were aware that Caligua also caused a massive financial crisis, and proceeded to ask the public to lend the state money, before levying unprecedented levels of taxation.

http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

Far too many people are suing the police, says Met commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson, the most senior officer in the country. And if that's true it's a worry, for it can only be the result of a lack of confidence between too many forces and the public they serve. West Midlands police is doing all it can. It has a lovely "big society" motto, "Serving our communities, protecting them from harm". But the message isn't always a consistent one, as anyone who saw the force's Operational Support Unit van guarding last week's Tory conference from such as the uppity "right to work" marchers will attest. The van displayed in its front window a force letterhead next to the motif Operational Support Unit and the Latin slogan oderint dum metuant – or "Let them hate so long as they fear". At least that is what it said until yesterday when we flagged it up to force headquarters. It has now been taken down for being "totally inappropriate and unacceptable". Culprits are being sought. Disciplinary action will follow. Oderint dum metuant was a favourite saying of the Roman emperor Caligula, apparently – a colourful figure who excelled at many things.

There are regimes more spectaculary bent than the UK! :huh:

But it is a worrying step in the wrong direction. Quite frankly that motto for that institution is disgraceful, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I guess the reality is that the policemen who printed this, are just very honest.

Which is why the senior echeleons of the police force are upset by it.

The policemen who wrote this need to be congratulated by the public.

I guess there will be a fall guy.

And the rest of the police who were involved will probably be retrained, and have it drilled into them that there is a gaping difference between what they can get away with, and what they can be seen to get away with.....................

But it is a worrying step in the wrong direction. Quite frankly that motto for that institution is disgraceful, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

+1.

I don't think that is the motto for the "British Police" as there is no British Police Force! ;)

I don't think that is the motto for the "British Police" as there is no British Police Force! ;)

Should have used the word unit rather than institution - was referring to the west midlands serious kettling squad.

Should have used the word unit rather than institution - was referring to the west midlands serious kettling squad.

They were disbanded, and found employment "elsewhere" I guess! :huh:

They were not the finest examples of policing! :blink:

They were disbanded, and found employment "elsewhere" I guess! :huh:

They were not the finest examples of policing! :blink:

As in the operational support squad in the OP? I thought they were out kettling last weekend?

Oderint dum metuant

http://translate.google.com/#la|en|oderint%20dum%20metuant%0A

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases_%28O%29

oderint dum metuant let them hate, so long as they fear

favorite saying of Caligula, attributed originally to Lucius Accius, Roman tragic poet (170 BC); Motto of the Russian Noble Family Krasnitsky

Funny thing, machievelli was very firm on avoiding being hated.

The hater is quite happy to inflict damage on you even if it damages them, it says here.

Dont you think those TV programmes that follow the police in action have helped? Why not have the police fitted with cctv like the soliders wear so that their every move can be recorded just like we have with cctv in public. It would certainly be better evidence in court and would save on some paperwork helping to reduce office time and increase more outside time. A win win for all imo.

I'm sure once the military are back in the UK in numbers there will be some kit lying around not being used much. It would put that kit to good use wouldnt it?

I was in an unfamiliar town the other day, saw a policeman, pulled over, to ask him directions. I could not get the first part of the sentence out, before he started interrupting me, pointing further down the road, STOP THERE!. MOVE DOWN THERE. etc etc... There was no other traffic on the road.

No reason for his attitude at all.

He was just being a **** in a uniform.

I pulled down to where he had pointed, window still open, being perfectly civil, and he walked over to the window, and continued, MOVE FURTHER DOWN. he said.

Bossy little shit.

I just shook my head, gave him a look, and drove off.

Maybe not the best example but it seems they are taught to communicate with members of the public, using aggression, and force of personality, to get some control as quickly as possible, which was unheard of when I was a kid, and I am only in my thirties.

They act like they are soldiers at roadblocks in 1970's Northern Ireland.

Whats pathetic, is when you see the ones who have left the police, and how impotent they act, when suddenly without the 'uniform'

Not so tough when its a level playing field.......

Nobody joins the police force to help people these days. Its all about the power trip.

Theres all manner of psychological reasons why people can act like savages, some of them neuro and some of them biological.

It doesnt matter what clothes you wear, or media you read or listen to to enact some behaviours.

You need just the right number of triggers elevated enough to see some very basic human behaviour.

Just like theres no magic cure all pill in medicine, theres also no one idea or philosophy in these things either.

Its just patterns. :)

Ok, so there are patterns of behaviour and Mr Machiavelli identified a common denominator underlying one, a situation where rationality takes a back seat and mutual damage may ensue. Nothing more, nothing less.

BTW you're keen to keep the B17 chat going, I'm happy to continues the other thread if you are.

Dont you think those TV programmes that follow the police in action have helped? Why not have the police fitted with cctv like the soliders wear so that their every move can be recorded just like we have with cctv in public. It would certainly be better evidence in court and would save on some paperwork helping to reduce office time and increase more outside time. A win win for all imo.

I'm sure once the military are back in the UK in numbers there will be some kit lying around not being used much. It would put that kit to good use wouldnt it?

Problem is that if they did something wrong you'd find that the camera "wasn't siwtched on" or the file was accidentally deleted etc.