House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Census Will Create 43,000 Temporary Jobs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11492288

A recruitment campaign has been launched for people to work on the 2011 census across the UK.

In England and Wales 35,000 part and full-time temporary posts will be created with a further 6,000 in Scotland.

Northern Ireland has already begun recruiting 2,000 people for the survey carried out every 10 years.

The information helps the government plan vital services like schools, hospitals, housing and roads.

The census will be carried out on March 27 next year.

Good news for the unemployment figures.

"Captain, census indicate a rift in the unemployment continuum ahead, shall we lower the VAT shields or fire benefit torpedos?"

The problem with this census is it will likely reveal the true level of immigration.

By late 2011, when the results will be in, all f*cking hell is going to break loose.

oh yeah....dear Mr illegal immigrant...please fill in this form or you will be commiting the serious offence of...failing to tell the government you are here.

oh yeah....dear Mr illegal immigrant...please fill in this form or you will be commiting the serious offence of...failing to tell the government you are here.

My wife looked at the recruitment web site - she looked at the job spec for some sort of area organiser which (I think) involved supervising a team of people and was full of bluff and bluster about how important and responsible the position is. The job description sounded as though previous experience in a senior management role was the minimum requirement. After reading the job spec you thought 'wow, they don't want much' ... especially when (as far as I can remember) the salary was about £10 an hour.

It's part time and short term - after listening to the job spec I expected the hourly rate to be nearer £20 an hour than £10.

My wife looked at the recruitment web site - she looked at the job spec for some sort of area organiser which (I think) involved supervising a team of people and was full of bluff and bluster about how important and responsible the position is. The job description sounded as though previous experience in a senior management role was the minimum requirement. After reading the job spec you thought 'wow, they don't want much' ... especially when (as far as I can remember) the salary was about £10 an hour.

It's part time and short term - after listening to the job spec I expected the hourly rate to be nearer £20 an hour than £10.

yeah, some adverts want abilties GOD himself would struggle with for NMW.

I didn't even know they were planning to do a census.

For some reason I thought they'd given up on it and were trying to gather information in other ways.

Ok then, whatever.

This is true and I would be good for nothing in a "routine" type of job.

I have to outsource a great number of routine "net" jobs, stuff like Twitter account creation. Whilst I'm sure automated tools are used (which I could also buy) I am amazed at the speed and efficiency of people working for a few dollars an hour and I also get an excel report which is 100% accurate.

I on the other hand would struggle with the tools, get bored after 30 minutes and probably go for another capucinno, or go on HPC.

Truly humbling. Its hard work at the bottom. Just look at the average busy MacD's

sad.gif

The pay entirely reflects responsibility and rewards in the public sector.

I work in IT and have seen jobs advertised requiring a minimum of 4 years experience of using Visual Studio 2008, and other that require 2 years experience with DOT NET 4.

I wonder how many people applied...