House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game_Over

Diane Abbot Not In Labour Shadow Cabinet

And after the Conseravtives made Baroness Warsi the first female Muslim cabinet minister.

You really couldn't make it up.

:lol:

I thought the results were not ammounced until 9pm?

Guido Fawkes has the "scoop":

The following have been elected to the Shadow Cabinet:
Douglas Alexander
Ed Balls
Hilary Benn
Andy Burnham
Liam Byrne
Yvette Cooper
Mary Creagh
John Denham
Angela Eagle
Maria Eagle
Caroline Flint
John Healey
Meg Hillier
Alan Johnson
Tessa Jowell
Sadiq Khan
Ivan Lewis
Ann McKechin
Jim Murphy
They join the following Labour MPs and Peers who are already members of the Shadow Cabinet:
Ed Miliband MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Harriet Harman MP, Deputy Leader of the Labour Party
Tony Lloyd MP, Chair of the Parliamentary Labour Party
Rosie Winterton MP, Labour’s Chief Whip
Baroness Jan Royall, Shadow Leader of the House of Lords
Lord Steve Bassam, Labour’s Chief Whip in the House of Lords

probably because they're threatened by her IQ and integrity

They are probably worried that she will scoff all the biscuits at the shadow cabinet meetings.

They are probably worried that she will scoff all the biscuits at the shadow cabinet meetings.

Nah , she didn't steal enough from taxpayers via expenses. Cooper stole £325k for a 2nd home along with her husband balls therefore she was top of the list .

D

if true then deep joy, no Ben Bradshaw.

Always saw his behavior as mercilessly sycophantic. He backed David M while writing he would be happy to work for Ed as he had such good qualities too. He recently floated the idea that he should be considered a shadow minister simply because he represented 'The South' as he was one of only 10 southern MPs to hold onto his seat.

Not that I care who they 'elect' as thank goodness they are all irrelevant for the time being.

Nah , she didn't steal enough from taxpayers via expenses. Cooper stole £325k for a 2nd home along with her husband balls therefore she was top of the list .

D

They flipped their second home designation three times.

I can't see Diane Abbott getting to grips with a complex brief to the extent she could be a good shadow cabinet minister.

I watch her on This Week sometimes, and to say she is on a political TV show and will be asked about the issues of the day, her grasp of issues is extremely slight and she is very gossipy.

It is a shame really. Oona King is a far better and brighter female politician.

I can't see Diane Abbott getting to grips with a complex brief to the extent she could be a good shadow cabinet minister.

I watch her on This Week sometimes, and to say she is on a political TV show and will be asked about the issues of the day, her grasp of issues is extremely slight and she is very gossipy.

It is a shame really. Oona King is a far better and brighter female politician.

Oona King is another Labour politician who only got where she did as a result of family connections

Every time she faces the electorate they reject her

fortunately for her the BBC see it as their public duty to provide employment for people that the electorate want to see the back of

So we get the pleasure of her unelected, unrepresentative opinions rammed down our throats virtually every week and are forced to pay for the privelege.

:blink:

And this after her very public self impalment on ed's political sex pole on question time last week.

What is the world coming to.

Best fun today was the Politics Show taking Baroness Warsi down because she could not confirm that the Tories have lost a third of their membership in the last year.

She knew the truth, she just couldn't speak it.

The Shadow Cabinet are far, far better than the real Cabinet.

But we deserve better from both.

Best fun today was the Politics Show taking Baroness Warsi down because she could not confirm that the Tories have lost a third of their membership in the last year.

Details of membership of political parties

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons/lib/research/briefings/snsg-05125.pdf

In general over the last decade membership of both Labour and Conservative parties has declined by about half

In the last couple of years the expenses scandal must have been the biggest factor in reducing party membership.

If you are blaming Labour for bankrupting the country - AGAIN

And blaming the Conservatives for the inevitable cuts that are necessary to restore the economy

Then I can agree with you on the first

but I can't agree with you on the second

:)

Yeah, I mean they did so well over the last 13 years didn't they? :rolleyes:

Not that I think the Labour Party might be dominated by a tight elite on the Aristocratic principles of dynasty and nepotism, but er this Healey bloke..... Any relation?

D

Yvette Cooper is right up my street. If she ever gets sick of Ed Balls then she has a welcome red carpet to my bedroom. Bring cash too Yvette were a whore house, not a charity.

Surely they must know it would be better to have Diane Abbott in the tent pissing out than outside pissing in? :ph34r:

(Scrub that thought.)