House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

David Cameron Is The Best Thing We Have Left On This Planet

http://blogs.channel4.com/faisal-islam-on-economics/cameronite-guru-nassim-taleb-answers-your-questions/2043

"David Cameron is the best thing we have left on this planet…the only hope left for a risk-conscious society,” was one of the more unexpected answers I got from Nassim Taleb."

Hopeful words for those of us urging a return to house price sanity!

Obviously id like to believe its not just back scratching, but Cameron gave talebs book a plug a year or so ago.

That said, not much in it for Dave. I doubt the voters have heard of taleb, let along base their voting on him.

If David Cameron is the best thing left on the planet, we are in deeeeeeeep shit!

+1

He lost me when he said that taking money from a household on 45k and giving it to one on 80k was "fair"

I'm struggling to see what's different between this lot and the previous shower.

http://blogs.channel4.com/faisal-islam-on-economics/cameronite-guru-nassim-taleb-answers-your-questions/2043

"David Cameron is the best thing we have left on this planet…the only hope left for a risk-conscious society,” was one of the more unexpected answers I got from Nassim Taleb."

Hopeful words for those of us urging a return to house price sanity!

And which planet are we talking about here?

Camoron is Time, nice but dim

Except he's not nice

Let them eat cake - he just wants the prole slaves to work harder for him and his corporate masters.

Camoron is just a front man, just like Bliar.

Camoron is Time, nice but dim

Except he's not nice

Let them eat cake - he just wants the prole slaves to work harder for him and his corporate masters.

Camoron is just a front man, just like Bliar.

He has lost a son, and he has lost a father, that stuff is from the bigger wheel of life, that wheel runs "corporate masters" as well. I wouldn`t right him off, I get more comfort seeing him on telly than I did seeing Brown the nutcase.

just realised this post doesn`t make any sense, because Brown lost a child, and a father and a mother? Will stop drinking sherry soon.

Edited by dances with sheeple

+1

He lost me when he said that taking money from a household on 45k and giving it to one on 80k was "fair"

I'm struggling to see what's different between this lot and the previous shower.

Look closer they are nothing like them. These lot will actually do stuff, like it or not.

The child benefit thing is born from their determination to not have to spend £3bn to save £1bn (if they implemented a new system to means test the nenefit rather than use the tax system). The idea to allow tax allowance shifting is quite a smart way to mitigate it.

He has lost a son, and he has lost a father, that stuff is from the bigger wheel of life, that wheel runs "corporate masters" as well. I wouldn`t right him off, I get more comfort seeing him on telly than I did seeing Brown the nutcase.

just realised this post doesn`t make any sense, because Brown lost a child, and a father and a mother? Will stop drinking sherry soon.

I liked your thinking - keep drinking!

Look closer they are nothing like them. These lot will actually do stuff, like it or not.

The child benefit thing is born from their determination to not have to spend £3bn to save £1bn (if they implemented a new system to means test the nenefit rather than use the tax system). The idea to allow tax allowance shifting is quite a smart way to mitigate it.

Agreed. But have we had a definitive proposal to tackle the administrative costs for the myriad other benefits that are out there? Just going to something like a negative income tax with a very small guaranteed income for all adults would allow departments like DWP to cut 90% of overhead. And think of all the council staff that are "employed" just to process housing benefit claims.

+1

There is always the fact that the couple on 80k are putting nearly twice the amount of tax into

the pot as the person on 45k.

A little of their own money back?

He never said it was fair, just that it was necessary.

I think he may well go down in history as these are truly unprecedented times and he is actually starting to deal with the worst financial crisis we have ever faced.

Time will tell.

I liked your thinking - keep drinking!

Got too deep for myself, Brown just seemed like a madman who had some bad things happen to him, D.C seems like he may have started out with a certain background, a certain viewpoint ,but life might make him a genuine man for the people (if not for the sheeple). Best case IMO would be if we all woke up, stopped competing against each other and did away with the need for panto authority figures like the queen and Charlie, P.M`s and that sort of thing.

+1

I think you need a few thousand caveats in that statement.

To which planet does the article refer? :huh:

There is always the fact that the couple on 80k are putting nearly twice the amount of tax into

the pot as the person on 45k.

A little of their own money back?

It'd be interesting to actually see quantitatively how much the 80k couple and the 45k individual would pay in tax in order to really make that comparison.