House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Food Banks ... How The Rich Survive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11427207

ara is a married mother of two school-aged children. She lives in a four-bedroom house, drives an expensive car... and has relied on food handouts to feed her family.

Food parcel contents

* Tinned vegetables

* Tinned meat

* Tinned fish

* Tinned fruit

* Orange juice

* UHT milk

* Sugar

* Tea/coffee

* Cereal

* Pasta sauces

* Pasta

* Rice

* Packet mash

* Rice pudding

One near you?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=111130270486075675880.00048aa53ae68ca28799a&ll=53.826597,-1.889648&spn=11.376765,28.081055&t=h&z=5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11427207

ara is a married mother of two school-aged children. She lives in a four-bedroom house, drives an expensive car... and has relied on food handouts to feed her family.

Food parcel contents

* Tinned vegetables

* Tinned meat

* Tinned fish

* Tinned fruit

* Orange juice

* UHT milk

* Sugar

* Tea/coffee

* Cereal

* Pasta sauces

* Pasta

* Rice

* Packet mash

* Rice pudding

One near you?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=111130270486075675880.00048aa53ae68ca28799a&ll=53.826597,-1.889648&spn=11.376765,28.081055&t=h&z=5

Disgusting. To think I was turned away when homeless in the past. Makes me want to puke, scumbags...

Disgusting. To think I was turned away when homeless in the past. Makes me want to puke, scumbags...

I always thought foodbanks were for the poor, not the rich with a slight cashflow problem.

She could try selling the luxury car before she pleads poverty.

'Nobody wanted to buy it."' re the car.obviously depends on what they asked for it.what she meant was 'noone wanted to buy it at the price we were selling it for' complertely different. sell the hosue. same rule.

Car probably bought on credit, outstanding finance is probably more than the value of the car if it was bought new due to the drive-away depreciation.

House may well be in NE too.

All these wealthy people, living on the never never.

You average homeless begger is technically wealthier than most people under Ages 18-30.

course, she had to stop off at Sainsburies on the way back...cant have tinned fish without sun dried tomatos FFS!

I always thought foodbanks were for the poor, not the rich with a slight cashflow problem.

She could try selling the luxury car before she pleads poverty.

Which is why I registered my distaste at the whole thing. Charities don't want to help the genuine poor at all, at least around here. I remember visiting one a few years back and pleading for help, they made me fill out a form with 100 personal questions (not exaggerating - even asked about my sex life); interviewed me and then basically said it was my problem. Oh well, at least they let me use their phone...

Edited by HPC001

This seems to be 2 stories in one.

The first is about some rich middle-class bitch who sounds utterly derisable.

The second is about some poor bitch who sounds utterly derisable and believes the state should bring up her children.

"I was pregnant when my money stopped and would have been in dire straits. When I was fed by the Trussell Trust I was relieved, overwhelmed, grateful. More people should know about them.

"Sometimes, when I get a foodbank box, I get really embarrassed that I can't feed my family. I very much feel that I have been let down by the welfare state."

So, she gets very embarrassed feeding her children using a foodbank box, but is quite angry about not having state money to feed her children. BOTTOM LINE IS THAT YOU CAN'T FEED YOUR CHILDREN!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH.