House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Timm

Bank Of England

No surprises. Will be interesting to see if Posen really voted for more QE on the 20th.

I think (hope) they are bsing and have no real intention of more QE. If we were in a full double dip with inflation less than 1% I could understand it. Not at the moment though.

Looks more like inflation will be double figures than 1% by January the way commodities are going and sterling is sinking. Oil will probably be $150 again if the dollar keeps getting trashed / more QE.

Will be interesting to see what Trichet has to say at the ECB press conference later.

No surprises. Will be interesting to see if Posen really voted for more QE on the 20th.

I think (hope) they are bsing and have no real intention of more QE. If we were in a full double dip with inflation less than 1% I could understand it. Not at the moment though.

Looks more like inflation will be double figures than 1% by January the way commodities are going and sterling is sinking. Oil will probably be $150 again if the dollar keeps getting trashed / more QE.

Will be interesting to see what Trichet has to say at the ECB press conference later.

And when the minutes come out...

If they are going to print again, Nov would be the obvious month as it would fit with their quarterly report.

And when the minutes come out...

If they are going to print again, Nov would be the obvious month as it would fit with their quarterly report.

They already asked for and got the power to print in secret.

If the next sets of Nationwide and Land Registry figures show anything like what today's Halifax ones have, I suspect this time next month we'll have another epic thread on our hands. Only this time it will be about the bad news of the return of printy printy.

Am trying to not get too excited by today's announcement. Just in case.

Quantitative easing has now lost it's correct meaning - the BBC says it's about pumping money in to the Economy, they fail to state that the money is created out of thin air!

Other bad news on that article as the bank now freely admiting to straying from their mandate, high inflation is now secondary to growth.

Be prepared for alot worse to come via inflation then!

I'm beginning to wander whether there will be a joint qe announcement with a number of key central banks taking part..."to prove co-ordinated action and to prevent currency volatility".

I'm beginning to think there won't be any QE whatsoever.

Seems like an option the Fed keeps teasing everyone with to keep the markets higher; kind of like hanging a large chunk of meat under a bunch of sharks.

They may keep the charade up for quite some time. After all, the MPC have threatened to keep inflation in check for about 2 years without doing so.

I'm beginning to think there won't be any QE whatsoever.

Seems like an option the Fed keeps teasing everyone with to keep the markets higher; kind of like hanging a large chunk of meat under a bunch of sharks.

They may keep the charade up for quite some time. After all, the MPC have threatened to keep inflation in check for about 2 years without doing so.

:unsure:

They already asked for and got the power to print in secret.

True.

:unsure:

I see what you did there...