House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Faisal Islam - House Price Plunge Is Off The Scale!

"I didn't even know a monthly fall of 3.6 % was possible. Ob monthly figures are volatile. This is off the scale ... Do catch up BBC!!!"

Edited by gruffydd

based on record low transaction volumes....statisical validity tending towards zer0, sorry to be a kiljoy.

Pointing to the market still being shafted. As it has been since 2007. Nice to see the extended spring bounce wilting in spectacular fashion.

based on record low transaction volumes....statisical validity tending towards zer0, sorry to be a kiljoy.

Ho ho, I'm sure previous recessions have seen very low transaction levels too - but this is a RECORD m-o-m fall in prices.

Edited by gruffydd

In the words of Faisal: "As I said in August, the Austerity talk clearly has spooked Britain. But this could well be the beginning of something much bigger. A fundamental correction, that was put on hold by the bank rescues."

In the words of Faisal: "As I said in August, the Austerity talk clearly has spooked Britain. But this could well be the beginning of something much bigger. A fundamental correction, that was put on hold by the bank rescues."

So they'll have to be rexcued again.

Lord Actons war is about to end the phoney stage, I think.

Trouble is they ain't kept their powder dry :lol::lol::lol:

It's no trouble at all.

They can print and buy and will do so until repudiation.

Quite some way off.

No they cannot - they are deeply worried about unintended consequences. Some of their head honchos go team building quite a bit. They speak about these things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Castillon

It beckons - the markets being the French, the Bank of England being the English...

If they start printing again. It really will make my day B):D;)

Edited by gruffydd

No they cannot - they are deeply worried about unintended consequences. Some of their head honchos go team building quite a bit. They speak about these things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Castillon

It beckons - the markets being the French, the Bank of England being the English...

If they start printing again. It really will make my day B):D;)

Watch as the CML and VI's win their battle to keep peddling LIAR LOANS....... The "market" cannot function without them. They will eat their babies and fry their wives rather than let LIAR LOANS be banned. Just watch.....

well what do you expect to precipitate a fall - a queue of buyers round the street?

It shows increasing desperation of EA's to get a sale and houses marked down to bank 'valuation' levels - to get the mortgage thru.

The faster they go down, the more first time buyers appear on the scene who then have enough for the deposit too = churn & commission again!

Question is, in a falling market - how long will buyers hold off before losing their nerve?

Edited by erranta

well what do you expect to precipitate a fall - a queue of buyers round the street?

If one house sold in the month of sept & the price was reduced from 1million->0.75milion

1) the headline would read prices fall by 25%

2) also true would be the average sale price for sept was 750,000.00

-people are having their mortgages paid upto 200K @ 3% ie no repo's

-the gov own the banks & therefore the housing stock

-the gov control the currency

-the gov control the rules of the system, the law

until the government decide to reduce housing costs nowt will happen, how can we determine the gov's intentions ?

Question is, in a falling market - how long will buyers hold off before losing their nerve?

Until the last bull turns bear.

If one house sold in the month of sept & the price was reduced from 1million->0.75milion

1) the headline would read prices fall by 25%

2) also true would be the average sale price for sept was 750,000.00

-people are having their mortgages paid upto 200K @ 3% ie no repo's

-the gov own the banks & therefore the housing stock

-the gov control the currency

-the gov control the rules of the system, the law

until the government decide to reduce housing costs nowt will happen, how can we determine the gov's intentions ?

In the context of a global economic crisis, and a global economy, a national government has little control. They may think they do. Then the unintended consequences boomerang back and wallop them. King Canute syndrome?

Edited by gruffydd

In the context of a global economic crisis, and a global economy, a national government has little control. They may think they do. Then the unintended consequences boomerang back and wallop them. King Canute syndrome?

Gordon Brown syndrome.

Gordon Brown syndrome.

Spot on.

Let them QE (the HPIs get out card) again and see what the consquences are.

And all before the 20th October - the TRUE start of the recession.

Edited by Brave New World

Beat's me! They're capping LHA, capping total benefits, withdrawing benefits from higher earners, tightening mortgage regulation, easing supply by abolishing HIPS. If only I knew which way they expected the housing market to go...

Beat's me! They're capping LHA, capping total benefits, withdrawing benefits from higher earners, tightening mortgage regulation, easing supply by abolishing HIPS. If only I knew which way they expected the housing market to go...

er, lemme see... maybe... all the public servants who've had their pensions savaged will need to compensate for that somehow... BTL will be their only option... they'll pile in [the ones who've kept their jobs anyway]... rampant demand...

hmm, yes, i think you might be right.

er, lemme see... maybe... all the public servants who've had their pensions savaged will need to compensate for that somehow... BTL will be their only option... they'll pile in [the ones who've kept their jobs anyway]... rampant demand...

Where are their deposits going to come from? No 100% mortgages these days.

For real? That's some pretty dumb shit you have written here, tbh.

It doesn't work that way. Low transactions tend to show a rise in the market. When you get big falls on low transations you are seeing far more damage.

Why is this?

In a market with low transactions the overwhelming tendency is for higher priced houses to sell. The rich can afford it etc. This tends to push the averages UP.

Thus, the drop of 3.6% is far worse than in a market with high volumes.

What is Faisal Islam, and could it happen near me? :blink: