House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
matt173407

House Prices In Realitiy

Ok we know its all overpriced but yet people keep buying , I have waited for 10 months for something to happen to force prices down but its not going to.

All the speculation if you read all the stuff on here and yet prices are still climbing.

The only way these prices will come down is if everyone stops buying the houses at stupid prices!

maybe its time we all accept that this is what houses are going to cost and thats that!

just my thoughts

Guest Fiddlesticks

I've just joined the website looking for a bit of moral support. I must admit I'm getting disillusioned with waiting, and I'm beginning to think that the long slow stagnation scenario may be what we can expect, which will be a nightmare for me to be honest. It's great to read some of the posts on here though and realise that there are plenty of well-informed people who believe in the crash and can back up their belief with facts.

I think inflation is going to kick house prices over the edge and cause them to drop. Inflation, which currently stands at 2.3%, is 0.3% over the governments target.

Interest rates only real objective is to keep inflation around its target - and not to control house prices as commonly understood.

If inflation rises above 2.5%, they will have very choice but to raise interest rates.

If interest raise to around 5% this will, in my opinion, cause the bubble to pop.

The recent hike in gas prices will eventually trickle down to everyday purchases and cause inflation to rise.

Inflation will be straw that'll break this camels back.

Ok we know its all overpriced but yet people keep buying , I have waited for 10 months for something to happen to force prices down but its not going to.

All the speculation if you read all the stuff on here and yet prices are still climbing.

The only way these prices will come down is if everyone stops buying the houses at stupid prices!

maybe its time we all accept that this is what houses are going to cost and thats that!

just my thoughts

AWOOGA!

We have had nearly 10 years of boom and you throw in the towel after 10 months!?

Go on then. Buy! :lol:

just my thoughts

Where are prices climbing? Maybe in the north, but certainly not down here.

It has been observed over a reasonably long period of time that Sydney was leading the rest of Australia in this housing price cycle and that Australia has been ahead of the UK. The UK has in turn been ahead of the USA.

All three countries had the same underlying conditions and a broadly similar experience with house prices.

It is a fact that the average house price in Sydney has fallen from a peak of just over $580,000 to about $495,000 recently. And during the April to end of June quarter Sydney prices fell at over $5000 (or 1%) per month on average with typical middle suburbs falling at 3 times this rate. That is, they fell over 8% in just 3 months.

Whilst there is no proof that the UK will follow it needs to be noted that there has been no "trigger" in Australia that the UK has not also experienced. Yes, fuel prices have gone up and interest rates have moved a little but that is common to both countries. Australia has had no real crisis of any sort to trigger the falls, they just happened.

As I said, Sydney has lead the rest of Australia. Some of the other Australian states are now looking rather wobbly when it comes to house prices although Western Australia in particular is an exception with its' commodities-driven boom. (WA being a major world supplier of iron ore, gas and various other minerals).

So far, events seem to be unfolding in Australia in a manner that suggests a crash is in motion, particularly in Sydney. No guarantee that the UK follows of course, but both had the same boom and so far the UK HAS followed Sydney's slowdown with a time lag. So evidence of a UK crash could well start to become very clear by the end of the year or early next year since it's only becoming readily apparent in Sydney in recent weeks.

:)

I spent many years of my 'yoof' in the property game and I have little doubt that prices will fall substantially. You'll just have to be patient - I believe that SIPPS and the recent cut in interest rates (and the belief that there'll be further cuts soon) are holding sentiment - and prices - up at the moment. Just be patient. If the market hasn't turned strongly negative by the end of 2006, I'll eat my hat.

Up North 1 day they drop next they go up!

I still am going to wait 6 months and i about to rent a top floor flat in north leeds a very nice area with 2 double bedrrom for only £400 a month which is nothing.

I still am hoping it will drop becaus ei earn a decent salary and a £120k with get me a council flat worth 40k in my opinion and i refuse to buy

I've just joined the website looking for a bit of moral support. I must admit I'm getting disillusioned with waiting, and I'm beginning to think that the long slow stagnation scenario may be what we can expect, which will be a nightmare for me to be honest. It's great to read some of the posts on here though and realise that there are plenty of well-informed people who believe in the crash and can back up their belief with facts.

Don't be disheartened read this;

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...60entry184660

Remember all the house price stats are the rear view mirror... go out and look around, places are not selling, prices are not going up.

Be patient, a watched house price crash never boils.

Edited by DoubleBubbleTrouble

depends where you are you might be waiting for ever for prices to drop!

Doubtful as unlike previous times nearly everywhere experienced the irrational boom. Previous boom/bust cycles left Scotland pretty much untouched... this time they haven't.

The only difference will be the lead time on the bust which will probably track the delay on the boom setting in for a particular area.

Up North 1 day they drop next they go up!

I still am going to wait 6 months and i about to rent a top floor flat in north leeds a very nice area with 2 double bedrrom for only £400 a month which is nothing.

I still am hoping it will drop becaus ei earn a decent salary and a £120k with get me a council flat worth 40k in my opinion and i refuse to buy

Dunno why you are worried - even if you rent for another three years.

If Prices drop the expected 40-50% most are expecting - you will be able to pay a mortgage off 5-10yrs early!

I live in the London, and I'm fairly happy with how things are going.

The London index indicator arrows on the homepage are mostly red.

It'd be nice if things were falling a bit faster, but as long as most of those arrows are red, I'm not buying.

And don't forget that what London does, the rest of the country will follow.

I'm hoping that falls will start to gain some pace when all of the national indexes go to zero or below.