House Price Crash Forum

This Forum Has Been Seriously Messed Up

HOLA441

I am EXTREMELY disappointed by the changes in the search facilities on this site. It would appear you cannot just search for your previous postings: I am seriously considering abandoning/leaving HPC - AFTER 7 YEARS HERE - if this is not rectified.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA442
HOLA443

just tried searching my old posts and i can confirm what eric is saying

what is going on here?

i can't find any of my posts regarding the problems, specially the currency issues and how in 2007 the tax paters wouldnt be the one paying for this mess, among other things.

HOLA444

I am EXTREMELY disappointed by the changes in the search facilities on this site. It would appear you cannot just search for your previous postings: I am seriously considering abandoning/leaving HPC - AFTER 7 YEARS HERE - if this is not rectified.

We didn't burn him!!

Come on, Eric, you know this place is like Royston Vasey. You'll never leave. That is, unless you go and set up a competing forum about green energy or some other.

My condolences to the technical folk at HPC. I've seen the back-end of vBulletin. It is one ugly piece of software.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

It looks a he'll of a lot better on an iPhone now though!

Yeah but it's slower on 3GS now which is annoying because that's all I have at work and you can't zoom into to pictures which is very annoying.

With regards to search it never worked properly before anyway. If you know the thread title type it into google it will come up top.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

A tantrum. Yawn......

Perhaps the people responsible for the site are aware of the problem and working to resolve it? Perhaps a polite enquiry as whether this is so would have been a better place to start? Just a thought.

HOLA4412

Yeah but it's slower on 3GS now which is annoying because that's all I have at work and you can't zoom into to pictures which is very annoying.

With regards to search it never worked properly before anyway. If you know the thread title type it into google it will come up top.

I always use google to search forums, most forum search engines are shit.

Eric, type what you are looking for in google, then site:housepricecrash.co.uk

e.g:

liar loans site:housepricecrash.co.uk/forum

HTH

HOLA4413

Search has always been rubbish in HPC. You are better using Google to search this site.

I wonder if it works better with Chrome now,

Update: Yes works with Chrome now, I don't have to use HTML to break paragraphs now! Well done HPC! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Sir John Steed

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

It looks a he'll of a lot better on an iPhone now though!

:rolleyes: Another victory for style over substance

Looks great on iPhone.

:rolleyes: Another victory for style over substance

Hey! But it looks good right? :rolleyes:

Bring back Lo-fi!

Edited by daiking

HOLA4418