House Price Crash Forum

Are Cameron And Osborne The Best Tories Can Offer?

catara

HOLA441

After being lied by Blair+Brown for 13 years, it seems that an incompetent is now Chancellor and as prime minister Cameron looks completely detached from reality, with no clue of what is actually happening.

Is this all that Conservative can offer? Were these 2 people just selected to be made scapegoats by somebody who makes the games in the Conservative party?

HOLA442

After being lied by Blair+Brown for 13 years, it seems that an incompetent is now Chancellor and as prime minister Cameron looks completely detached from reality, with no clue of what is actually happening.

Is this all that Conservative can offer? Were these 2 people just selected to be made scapegoats by somebody who makes the games in the Conservative party?

We would probably do better with someone with some experience like Al Rose from M&S. At least Margaret had some law practice experience and Winston served in the Army.

Career polticians seem to be out of touch with life generally. Much like Ivory Tower profs.

The undoing of the Koalishon will be an inability to deal with the 5TR debt as they lack the poltical will to do what it really takes. Their austerity package might make a few people feel poorer but the banksters and rich will not feel a thing. They are too insulated and always have been. A Gentleman with 20M does not feel any poorer with 10m. But another moosh on 40k a year feels a lot poorer on 20k.

HOLA443

A wake up call to the right wing, former posters; all politicians are the same.

Truth be said, nobody expected the Conservatives to be competent, just Not-Labour, its why they couldn't get elected previously. Plus the memory of what they did last time, of course.

HOLA444

It is a total illusion to believe that this coalition government are able to 'improve' the country. They are merely puppets in the hands of powerful vested interest groups, eg investment banks, various big business interests, etc. Just look at the backgrounds of Cameron and Clegg...surely that tells you something.

The Brits are heavily sedated on booze, football and XFactor...so not much hope there.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Erm, I didn't actually vote for them, but I must say that they actually do seem to be doing something for the common working bloke.

Vis, those immigration caps are beginning to kick in, and there are now techie jobs springing up that are offered from Indian integrators - here in the UK!! First time ever.

Real jobs for british workers, and so far the polies have kept to their word.

In total contrast to clowns recently relieved from duty.

HOLA449

Most of the people on here are bears. If house price come crashing down, then the coalition are ok in my book.

Labour, on the other hand, can rot in hell. :)

[i did not vote Tory]

HOLA4410

Hague - Build-a-bear 553181-build-a-bear-high-school-musical-boy-l.jpg

Build-a-bear: the sinister green plot to turn our kids into eco-fascist Manchurian candidates

http://blogs.telegra...ian-candidates/

America's parents aren't happy at this kind of eco-indoctrination. Here's a taste from Big Government.

Every year we take the kids to Build-A-Bear, but we have now gone for the last time. I get enough indoctrination from the main stream media, and now I need to worry about what political messges Build-A-Bear feels a need to pass on to my grandchidren? I don't think so. They just made sure that we will now switch to a store that sells toys that don't come with political indoctrination. Build-A-Bear, you just lost an entire family and generation of good customers.
Leave our children alone Build a Bear. I once thought your store was cute …. the whole concept of it but not anymore. Let children be children. They should not have to deal with heavy subjects such as Global warming which is a hoax anyway. Pure disgusting on your part and I will no longer shop at your stores or online.
Wow … more like build-a-scare than a bear. This is unconscionable. My kids have a dozen of their products but we will NOT be shopping there anymore. I just can't believe they actually did that. I shouldn't be surprised but what a mistake.

Here is Build-A-Bear's CEO's not altogether convincing response.

Our goal with the online webisodes was to show children, through two animated polar bears and a penguin, how they could also make a difference in big and small ways. The animated story occurs in the North Pole where the 2 polar bear characters live and they want to help keep the ice from melting so Santa and the reindeers can take off safely in time to deliver all their gifts. Thanks to the giant ice cubes created by the bear and penguin team they replace the melting ice and all is well so Santa and the reindeers do not miss a beat.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

They are good old fashioned tories! They will maximise their personal wealth (and that of their chums) by taking it from the poorest in society.

I agree 110%.

The problem is they think oiks like Blair are poor (he is by comparison in fairness) They will take from the morons that voted them in. Which I think is immensely funny :)

HOLA4413

Perhaps it would be helpful to state exactly what the reality is that they have no clue about!

HOLA4414

Is it that having spent 13 years living in the NuLabour state where the media is managed for political ends we now have been thrown into a media void. The media comments about the cuts just would not have been allowed under NuLabour. I remember hearing Cameron and his shadow party described as “wet” and that was from some of the supposed left. Politics was changed forever by Blair, it was made into a business for elites to use to protect their positions, be those the City or the multitude in the public sector.

The “elites” seem to be winning as the comments in this thread demonstrate. Our country’s present situation can’t be resolved by a nice black and white solution. If we follow the preferred route we are gambling that interest rate will stay low for four years and that at that point the domestic economy is booming. Sadly there is no indication that that will happen, and if rates were to go up then we’d be knackered.

What I am waiting for is to see how this government handles the City. If they back peddle and prevaricate rather than deal with them as they are going to have to the public sector then their life expectancy will shorten dramatically. I couldn’t support propping up the“elites” for another four and a half years.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

...anything is better than Red Ed and an economy based on North Korea ....trust your ready to work in the fields for little pay or food while your union bosses sip champagne with a pet dog called Castro....as for the coalition including Cameron and Osborne....they seem to understand the problem similar to the way I see it ....and I for one will be giving the coalition a roll of the ball...... :D

HOLA4417

Help yourself and turn off the TV.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

It is a total illusion to believe that this coalition government are able to 'improve' the country. They are merely puppets in the hands of powerful vested interest groups, eg investment banks, various big business interests, etc.

....you are talking Nuliebour here ....including Alistair Campbell and his snivelling team protecting Tony followed by the awful Gordo... :rolleyes:

Just look at the backgrounds of Cameron and Clegg...surely that tells you something.

...there is hope for us yet if they can transfer some of this success to Government .... :rolleyes:

The Brits are heavily sedated on booze, football and XFactor...so not much hope there.

....some are ...some are not ...you obviously have experience of this ...some of it is good some of it is bad ....bit like politics..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Watched Cameron's speech today. Impressive. I was expecting the conference to burst into cheers, but all he got was warm applause - athritic hands might snap if they do that bang-your-palms-together thing too hard.

Relieved to hear a PM talk about freedom and pitching it back at "citizens" to get involved.

Most interesting thing is that he's presenting himself as radical and anti-establishment. You may laugh, but it's a hell of a lot better than Broon's politburo dancing to uplifting pop from the mid-90s in their Next suits.

HOLA4423

None of them are fit for purpose when a Minister comes out with this claptrap.

William Hague's Conservative Conference promise of a UK sovereignty clause as a platitude for the party faithful.

Hague's claim that this will enable the UK to express its sovereignty over EU-made law is nonsense and he knows it.

This whole suggestion is a classic case of shutting the gate after the horse has already bolted into the distance.

Hague wants to talk tough for the Conference audience but when the lights are dimmed and the bunting taken down the Tories will simply return to their unnatural coalition that already shares Vince Cable's duvet with the sleeping hulk of the EU.

The sovereignty clause means nothing and will amount to nothing.

Only a referendum on the UK'S EU membership and until this is delivered, the rest is all just love grenades. :rolleyes:

HOLA4424

Hannan and Carswell are a much better partnership. They're not perfect, but I feel they'd be able to make the tough decisions that Cameron and Osbourne seem intent on avoiding. The former know what they stand for and have published a book on the matter whereas the incumbents are making up policy on the hoof and paying the price, i.e the child benefit fiasco.

Hannan is probably one the best politicians on the planet. Mainly because his competition is woeful, but he's actually pretty good too.

HOLA4425

Is this all that Conservative can offer?

YES! :lol::lol::lol:

Archived