House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

O N S: Population To Grow By 70M As Migration Soars

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1318072/Population-hit-70m-2027-Official-figures-reveal-migrant-influx-impact.html

Population 'will soar to 70m by 2027': Official figures reveal full impact of migrant influx
By Steve "Stephen" Doughty
Last updated at 8:13 AM on 6th October 2010
Comments (232,678) Add to My Stories
Warning: Sir Andrew Green said the figures underlined 'the need to get net migration down still further'
Britain’s fast-growing population will hit 70million in just 17 years’ time if immigration goes unchecked, official figures revealed yesterday.
The projections mean that numbers are racing towards a point which even Labour politicians believe will mean overcrowding and extra costs.
The breakdown from the
Office for National Statistics
shows how the population is expected to rise if different rates of immigration are sustained over the next 25 years.
It indicates that numbers will reach 70million in 2027 if net migration – the number of immigrants arriving in the country minus those who leave – continues at last year’s level.
The 196,000 added to the population by net migration last year – the equivalent of a city the size of Portsmouth – was the fourth highest level on record. The ONS projections, which are based on estimates of where the British population stood two years ago, give details for various levels of net migration up to a maximum of 180,000 a year.
At the time they were drawn up, officials were unprepared for the figure to be higher.

This will satify the CBI who claim an overcrowded Island is good for business. Probably because increased poverty will keep wages down? I suppose the rich will just live somewhere in Europe and watch over their factories from afar. Makes sense to me.

if net migration – the number of immigrants arriving in the country minus those who leave – continues at last year’s level.

That's a very big if - how many people are moving to Ireland?

Precisely.

When things start getting rough, the flow will reverse. Especially when the UK population cotton on to the fact that their masters, having robbed them and their children blind with the credit bubble, intend to replace now overpriced UK labour with cheaper foreign labour.

Expect anti-immigration sentiment to grow and become mainstream in the next few years, the race card has already been played to stave this off for a while, it won't last forever.

Precisely.

When things start getting rough, the flow will reverse. Especially when the UK population cotton on to the fact that their masters, having robbed them and their children blind with the credit bubble, intend to replace now overpriced UK labour with cheaper foreign labour.

Expect anti-immigration sentiment to grow and become mainstream in the next few years, the race card has already been played to stave this off for a while, it won't last forever.

I thought the flow had already subsided, if not reversed.

This is just the DM stirring up their angry "I like foreigners, as long as they aren't in my town" readership, with an ONS "let's draw a straight line on this chart and extrapolate forward 20 years" prediction.

Britain’s fast-growing population will hit 70million in just 17 years’ time if immigration goes unchecked.

No danger of the ruling classes checking immigration, so 70 million it shall be then

To 'grow by' or to 'grow to'? It's just one little word but important.

Just an example of where wrong grammar (wrong preposition?) can be used to cause alarm. Anyway, I reckon it's over 70 million at the moment, so it must be 'grow by'. :lol:

Once the benefit system is fully reformed, I expect net migration to be minus.

Where's the next gravy train?

You mean the 26K tax free per year and free house.

The gravy train will be bringing in the immigrants and funding the promiscuous work-shy for the foreseeable future.

You mean the 26K tax free per year and free house.

The gravy train will be bringing in the immigrants and funding the promiscuous work-shy for the foreseeable future.

This is the draw that brings most here. Our idea of "only 26k" per year for each family that arrives seems like a fortune to someone from Romania who was living in a caravan barely able to find enough to live on.

The only deterrent will be a US-Australian system: Just say no.

The absolute prosperity of the destination country is of no importance.

What matters is its relative prosperity compared to the country of origin of the immigrants.

E.g., Britain can be in recession with 5M unemployed, but still receive loads of immigrants if Poland gets so bad that it's rioting every day.

The absolute prosperity of the destination country is of no importance.

What matters is its relative prosperity compared to the country of origin of the immigrants.

E.g., Britain can be in recession with 5M unemployed, but still receive loads of immigrants if Poland gets so bad that it's rioting every day.

True. The perception is that anything is better than conditions that exist in Romania and Bulgaria for example (and Somalia etc. for asylum migrants) and the UK is a soft touch for benefits. 26k per family seems like a fortune to the vast majority of migrants and asylum seekers. We are really a migrant magnet and word spread by those who come as they pass on the news to friends and relatives.

This is the draw that brings most here. Our idea of "only 26k" per year for each family that arrives seems like a fortune to someone from Romania who was living in a caravan barely able to find enough to live on.

The only deterrent will be a US-Australian system: Just say no.

Im making around close to 6 figures in the oil game working in -30C in a dangerous environment, but ive now got a kid out of wedlock so can now play the system, and the thought of a council house and lets say 250GBP a week tax free from the govt. would give me serious thought to jack it all. Its easily topped up with working 30 hours a week cash in hand, sell a car or 2 a month. Hey-presto im living the dream on easy street.

Isnt it easy to go off topic when youre livid about the joke that Blighty has become!

Im making around close to 6 figures in the oil game working in -30C in a dangerous environment, but ive now got a kid out of wedlock so can now play the system, and the thought of a council house and lets say 250GBP a week tax free from the govt. would give me serious thought to jack it all. Its easily topped up with working 30 hours a week cash in hand, sell a car or 2 a month. Hey-presto im living the dream on easy street.

Isnt it easy to go off topic when youre livid about the joke that Blighty has become!

It's EU laws dictating the problems (but it's all been designed that way - to take the heat off co-conspiring elites in the mother country) - that thing none of us could have a vote on!

Its what the NWO demand. Ive noticed that at the same time as stopping valuable farmland being used as housing, theyre converting that same farmland into woods, lakes, flooding fens, encouraging coastal erosion. Despite taking all this farmland out of use, they want us to live in cramped tower blocks.

They know that we were basically self sufficient during WW2, and, given modern farming methods, could, with a few sacrifices, probably until a few years ago, still be that way.

This is intolerable to them, we must, as a nation (or subject, in their mind) depend on the rest of the world for survival. If we knew we could support ourselves, we wouldnt need 'them'

Self sufficiency is not an option. Just like theyve weaned people to believe they need credit/debt, and benefits to survive, so they will do in other areas, until you cannot live outside the system.

I thought the flow had already subsided, if not reversed.

This is just the DM stirring up their angry "I like foreigners, as long as they aren't in my town" readership, with an ONS "let's draw a straight line on this chart and extrapolate forward 20 years" prediction.

+ 1