House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Devon05

Exeter

Just been comparing the house prices in this weeks local rag with last weeks. Plenty of 'new prices'...

The biggest change was 325K to 285K - Thats a drop of 40K in a week :lol::D:lol:

Just been comparing the house prices in this weeks local rag with last weeks. Plenty of 'new prices'...

The biggest change was 325K to 285K - Thats a drop of 40K in a week  :lol:  :D  :lol:

I am looking to buy in plymouth in a couple of years (STr and live abroad at the mo). Keep the battleground reports comming in (with rightmove links if you please)

I am looking to buy in plymouth in a couple of years (STr and live abroad at the mo). Keep the battleground reports comming in (with rightmove links if you please)

This is the house thats dropped £40K, still out of my league!

http://www.millercountrywide.co.uk/propert...E050308&dbtype=

This end terrace was £149,950 last week, now its £7K cheaper http://www.millercountrywide.co.uk/propert...E050275&dbtype=

(still about £30K overpriced though!)

The biggest change was 325K to 285K - Thats a drop of 40K in a week  :lol:  :D  :lol:

This is typical of vendors in Exeter at tthe moment, mis-guided chancers. Property rag is full of this type of thing. We sold our house opposite this guy last July for 252,000. Very similar house, maybe slightly narrower, but with larger garden. One two doors down has been on market for 235,000, would imagine they accepted 225,000 (hasn't appeared in LR figures yet). From what I've seen prices are down 10% across the board.

Can't understand why people are still buying. Have noticed alot of SOLD and SALE AGREED boards going up. Slightly concerned.

Antonio.

Hi all you West country folk…..-16% Near Bovey Tracey and still can not sell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at this one, been on with three EA’s over the past 8 months, started at 360K NOW £299,950

www.teamprop.co.uk/prop.asp?pref=DRN0665&strsearch=PX|A|30525|DRN|T|10

I even offered 320K for it in June when on at 350K. What the EA said about my bid was somewhat insulting.

But I am happy, still in rented and saved a small fortune, god bless the EA for not pushing it.

:D:D:D:D

I dont know if it is the same house but there is a Georgian terrace in the same street as described above listed in Fulfords March auction with a guide price £175k.

http://www.fulfords.co.uk/property-details...ype=&rps=fulrps

Paulina

The one you have found is in Melbourne Street. The other was in Bedford Street.

These houses in Melbourne Street seems to have sold for up to £250k, so £175k looks like a price to get people interested.

The one you have found is in Melbourne Street. The other was in Bedford Street.

These houses in Melbourne Street seems to have sold for up to £250k, so £175k looks like a price to get people interested.

No £175K is way above what it's worth. You would need to spend 60k on it at least, I've seen it. House next door sold for £205K last year. House two doors up sold for £252K July 2004 at height of boom (we were lucky!)

No £175K is way above what it's worth. You would need to spend 60k on it at least, I've seen it. House next door sold for £205K last year. House two doors up sold for £252K July 2004 at height of boom (we were lucky!)

The house in Melbourne Street went for 186k.

Paulina