House Price Crash Forum
pajd

Sale Agreed

If a house is showing as sale agreed can i still ring the EA and see what the lastestoffer is? Or will they basically says as its sale agreed that information is confidential?

Goodluck with that.

Called about a property yesterday, wanted to know if it was freehold or leasehold, they said their not sure but presume freehold and your solicitor would inform you. :blink: Asked what the number of the house is, so i could search the land register. They said someone would call back, they havn't. How can they value something without knowing the tenure and how can someone make an offer without knowing the tenure and why would you commit to something expecting it to be freehold, spend money to find out it is infact leasehold.

Goodluck with that.

Called about a property yesterday, wanted to know if it was freehold or leasehold, they said their not sure but presume freehold and your solicitor would inform you. :blink: Asked what the number of the house is, so i could search the land register. They said someone would call back, they havn't. How can they value something without knowing the tenure and how can someone make an offer without knowing the tenure and why would you commit to something expecting it to be freehold, spend money to find out it is infact leasehold.

You should be able to figure out the number using Google Streetview.

Then check with the Land Registry. £4, I believe.

You should be able to figure out the number using Google Streetview.

Then check with the Land Registry. £4, I believe.

I did, then used nethouseprices and there is no listing, they only go back about 8 years. Not really bothered just trying to gauge the market, because a house over the road is going to auction which is leasehold so wanted to put it in context. The attitude of the agents racks me off big time it's like their shite don't stink or something.

Interesting also anyone using nethouseprices be carful, because the property i mention that is going to auction is listed on there as being sold freehold in 2005, but it is in fact leasehold, don't they take their info from the land register. Anyway rang the auctioneer and they said sometimes the information online can be incorrect.

I did, then used nethouseprices and there is no listing, they only go back about 8 years. Not really bothered just trying to gauge the market, because a house over the road is going to auction which is leasehold so wanted to put it in context. The attitude of the agents racks me off big time it's like their shite don't stink or something.

Interesting also anyone using nethouseprices be carful, because the property i mention that is going to auction is listed on there as being sold freehold in 2005, but it is in fact leasehold, don't they take their info from the land register. Anyway rang the auctioneer and they said sometimes the information online can be incorrect.

Try ourproperty.co.uk, I think theirs goes back to 1995. You may have to register.

Otherwise only the Land Registry hold the titles.

Goodluck with that.

This is something that drives me MAD with EAs - the number of times I've phoned to ask Lh/Fh? - and if Lh how long is the lease? - far more often than not they don't have a bloody clue and act as if it was some minor detail, like the colour of the front door FGS.

'Ooh, er, I don't know! Um, I'll see if I can find out...' and then they can't because they've all been too bloody clueless to get this essential info from the vendor.

Mind you I emailed an EA the other day to ask a few qs like this - and a few others - he got back to me pretty fast with every single thing I'd asked, inc. which way does the garden face. Another thing they very often don't know and can't be arsed to put in the particulars.

Even more amazingly, his reply was perfectly literate! Such a quick/efficient response is maybe a sign of the times? Or of the market, anyway. Also arranged a viewing for precisely the day/time I wanted.

Council tax band and how much is it - that's another piece of info that should be standard.