House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1929crash

Man Dies After Satnav Sends Him Into A Reservoir

It was a trick! I bet it never said "Simon says"! :huh:

The human race is better off with out his DNA in it

What a callous attitude! I'm appalled. :angry:

Personally, I think this is one of the first shots in the "War of the Machines." :o

Something fishy about that story. If you will pardon the pun. Did this road just continue into the new Reservoir ? No signs ? And how long exactly do you have to be driving into water before you realise it is time to get out ?

Strange.

Didn't see it because it was dark? I wasn't aware that the headlights on my car were an optional extra.

Tragic as it might be you can't avoid the fact that the driver was a victim of his stupidity.

The Satnav has taken me down odd single lanes a night in the New Forest and the IOW.

Drive slowly, and carefully on unfamiliar roads. Prepare to stop immediately.

I'd be interested in knowing how many people accidentally* drive into reservoirs when they don't have SatNavs.

I'm sure it happens, but probably not newsworthy.

* as opposed to suicides.

He may have been very clever. Fancied commitung suicide, but reluctant to go through with it as life insurance would not pay out. Found a dodgy satnav instruction and feigned to slavishly follow it into the resevoir.

At school, the teacher said.

Would you jump off a cliff if Tom Tom told you to do it?

Rearrange 'Satnav'

and

look for the 'devil' in the de_tails!

Haven't people been driving off cliffs in one or two places?

The Satnav has taken me down odd single lanes a night in the New Forest and the IOW.

Sounds like a good defence to a stalking charge! :lol:

Found one of the Satan_V cliff-hangers!

A man from Doncaster nearly drove his car off a cliff this week, after his sat nav gave him the wrong information.

Robert Jones was driving his BMW around Todmorden, West Yorkshire, when the incident happened.

His GPS apparently though that a steep Pennine footpath was a road fit for a car and instructed Jones to drive across the cliff path, eventually hitting a fence above Gauxholme railway bridge.

Driving without due care and attention :unsure:

"Officers received a call at 11.18am on Sunday March 22 reporting that a BMW was hanging off the edge of a cliff off Bacup Road," said a West Yorkshire Police spokesman to the BBC.

"The driver was a 43-year-old man from Doncaster. He has been summonsed to court for driving without due care and attention."

Fined £900!

"Robert Jones claimed his sat nav forced him (Satanic force?) to drive off a cliff in Todmorden, West Yorkshire"

Don't own one of these things and have travelled 10's thousands miles around Blitish Isles with a Road Atlas.

Now own up to any of the following:

56 per cent of those polled had yelled at their satnav and 79 per cent had had "regular conversations" with their satnav system. :)

While 20 per cent of women have ended up in a field rather than at their intended destination, the figure for men was 30 per cent.

Now own up to any of the following:

My sat nav even replies when I talk to it. Unfortunately, when posing questions about geo-politics, it usually answers "turn left in 100 yards", but to be honest, that's a better answer than many of the political classes can muster.

My sat nav even replies when I talk to it. Unfortunately, when posing questions about geo-politics, it usually answers "turn left in 100 yards", but to be honest, that's a better answer than many of the political classes can muster.

Sounds rather similar to the answer half of them give.

I think it would make a great TV show - viewers write in to wind_up a partner.

Get given a false satnav they have just "won"

Fit it in partners car + hidden cameras - satnav voice then makes you do ridiculous things, mad routes, go in circles, go down crazy places etc and vocally abuses the driver and answers back with things like "hurry up you dawdler - I need to recharge" etc :D

I think it would make a great TV show - viewers write in to wind_up a partner.

Get given a false satnav they have just "won"

Fit it in partners car + hidden cameras - satnav voice then makes you do ridiculous things, mad routes, go in circles, go down crazy places etc and vocally abuses the driver and answers back with things like "hurry up you dawdler - I need to recharge" etc :D

You could be onto something there... you would just need an occasional talk back comment thrown into otherwise perfect directions...

"That overtake was a bit cheeky!"

"Not a takeaway again, don't you think you're fat enough already?"

"Bad hair day today then?"

:lol: