House Price Crash Forum

This Week Has Been Rather Epic

Reck B

HOLA441

Excuse the pointless post but over the last day or so everything seems to be unravelling rather quickly.

Anyone else get the feeling we are on the brink of something immense? Everyone pray to the gods for a positive Halifax figure, otherwise we're doomed.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Excuse the pointless post but over the last day or so everything seems to be unravelling rather quickly.

Anyone else get the feeling we are on the brink of something immense? Everyone pray to the gods for a positive Halifax figure, otherwise we're doomed.

FTSE All Share 2916.10 43.50 +1.51%

Dow Jones 10889.51 138.24 +1.29%

Buy buy buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLA444

You are not wrong, I think that a tipping point has been reached and it's only going to mean a larger slice of sh*t pizza for the over leveraged, benefit dependant and everyone who has been silly with finances and lifestyle choices the last decade or so.

Have I mentioned guns,gold and baked beans yet? :ph34r:

HOLA445

Indeed, it's all going swimmingly. I can remember as a five year-old lad the excitement of watching a relative of mine hit the jackpot on a fruit machine. Every day now feels just like that. Pay day is coming!

Got gold?

HOLA446

Indeed, it's all going swimmingly. I can remember as a five year-old lad the excitement of watching a relative of mine hit the jackpot on a fruit machine. Every day now feels just like that. Pay day is coming!

Got gold?

Gold - check

Guns - check

Land - check

Beans -*parp*

HOLA447
HOLA448

Got gold?

No gold. Just a car. A hideaway far up in the hills. A wood pile. Food supply. Water purification kit. Some livestock. And a gun.

What more could one wish for ? B)

HOLA449
HOLA4410

No gold. Just a car. A hideaway far up in the hills. A wood pile. Food supply. Water purification kit. Some livestock. And a gun.

What more could one wish for ? B)

I don't think we'll see the collapse of civilisation and total anarchy. Argentina didn't descend into a mad max apocalypse when their economy went broke. It just meant savings and pensions went up in smoke and people lost out. Are icelanders raping and pillaging each other? Is Russia still here after their massive collapse in the 90's?

Having said that, I'd be gunned up to the max if I lived in the US, but here in the UK, things will just be sh1t and people will lose a lot of money unless they've taken out the, cough, appropriate insurance. :ph34r:

For most it'll pretty be life as they know it, but seen through a pair of sh1t-tinted glasses. ;)

Edited by General Congreve

HOLA4411

The stock markets are flying!

DOW looks like it might hit 11K soon.... Need comment from Godley on this :)

Is this the last spike before the big one that some have been speaking about? I seem to remember that Tamara has so far got this right...

HOLA4412

Got gold?

Thing is, if we have MASSIVE deflation and collapse of the system your gold will also suffer massively.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

After an apocolypse, lead outbids gold. :ph34r:

So true :ph34r:

Easily melt down less than 3g of lead, moulded to a bullet shape & take all the gold you want!

HOLA4417

Don't think there's much to get excited about - yet ...

Imagine that...! The irony... I'm talking "excited about yet" as if I'm getting some nice large bonus rather it's cuts and pain and frankly the only reason why I may get excited is the end point i.e. wtf would this do to house prices..

I've changed since trying to get on the ladder .. getting excited on Austerity cuts - who would have thought this of me 3/4/5 years or more ago.

Anyway..seems like one should hold onto whatever excitement they feel inside until 20 Oct - after the spending review and all it's "glory" has been heard

Another factor to bear in mind is when the cuts take effect i.e. 2011 or 2012 or 2013 etc..

Excited on cuts..my my my what is happening to us ehh??

Edited by magneticworld

HOLA4418

Don't think there's much to get excited about - yet ...

Imagine that...! The irony... I'm talking "excited about yet" as if I'm getting some nice large bonus rather it's cuts and pain and frankly the only reason why I may get excited is the end point i.e. wtf would this do to house prices..

I've changed since trying to get on the ladder .. getting excited on Austerity cuts - who would have thought this of me 3/4/5 years or more ago.

Anyway..seems like one should hold onto whatever excitement they feel inside until 20 Oct - after the spending review and all it's "glory" has been heard

Another factor to bear in mind is when the cuts take effect i.e. 2011 or 2012 or 2013 etc..

Excited on cuts..my my my what is happening to us ehh??

I think your going to be disappointed with the 20th, all the signs are the intentions are not really there to tackle the problem, just to muddle along.

HOLA4419

When to my packing guy today.

I view the packers and shippers as barometers of the economy. After all, if stuff isn't moving about then the economy is bad.

Mr Bubble Wrap reports business is better than ever. Mr Shipper is very busy. They don't need to BS me (and can't, as I can see the amount of stuff in the warehouses).

I suppose it could be loads of people packing up to leave.

HOLA4420

To be honest, we are in a bubble here on HPC.

FTSE is rising, employment is rising, house price indices are flat and even rising in some instances.

What we have seen though is how real spending cuts leads to much gnashing of teeth and bearish news. October 20th is going to be brutal and could represent the tipping point on sentiment.

HOLA4421

It is only time before Tesco comes out with their version.

1%20Year%20Supply%20Rations.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/costco-now-apocalypse-provisioning-business#comment-626590

Full package includes:

The THRIVE 1 Year Food Supply comes complete with 84 #10 (gallon size) cans of grains, fruits, veggies, protein & beans, dairy, and baking essentials. With over 5,000 servings and many foods with a shelf life of up to 25 years, this package will give you variety, nutrition, and peace of mind.

* 12 month food supply for 1 Person

* 6 month food supply for 2 People

* 3 month food supply for 4 People

* Shipment arrives in 14 separate boxes

* Grains and rice have a shelf life of up to 30 years

* Freeze-dried foods have a shelf life of up to 25 years

* Dehydrated foods have a shelf life of up to 15 years

* Simple rehydration instructions, recipes, and helpful tips are included on each can

* 5,011 total servings

* 84 gallon-sized cans

This THRIVE 1 Year 1 Person Food Storage package contains 84 #10 (gallon size) cans. See below for specific package contents.

Grains

* 8 Cans of Instant White Rice (48 servings per can)

* 12 Cans of Hard White Winter Wheat (44 servings per can)

* 3 Cans of 6 Grain Pancake Mix (50 servings per can)

* 2 Cans of Elbow Macaroni (45 servings per can)

Vegetables

* 6 Cans of Dehydrated Potato Chunks (42 servings per can)

* 1 Can of Freeze-Dried Sweet Corn (46 servings per can)

* 1 Can of Freeze-Dried Green Peas (41 servings per can)

* 1 Cans of Dehydrated Chopped Onions (45 servings per can)

* 1 Can of Freeze-Dried Mushroom Pieces (48 servings per can)

* 1 Can of Freeze-Dried Broccoli (47 servings per can)

Fruits

* 2 Cans of Organic Apple Slices (48 servings per can)

* 2 Cans of Freeze-Dried Strawberries (45 servings per can)

* 1 Can of Freeze-Dried Blueberries (50 servings per can)

* 1 Can of Freeze-Dried Blackberries (49 servings per can)

* 2 Cans of Freeze-Dried Raspberries (48 servings per can)

Dairy

* 6 Cans of Powdered Milk (43 servings per can)

* 3 Cans of Chocolate Drink Mix (48 servings per can)

Proteins/Beans

The taste and texture of TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) is consistent with real meat, making it a great addition to vegetarian diets

* 3 Cans of Bacon TVP (47 servings per can)

* 3 Cans of Beef TVP (44 servings per can)

* 3 Cans of Chicken TVP (45 servings per can)

* 2 Cans of Taco TVP (42 servings per can)

* 6 Cans of Pinto Beans (49 servings per can)

* 1 Can of Black Beans (49 servings per can)

* 2 Cans of Lima Beans (49 servings per can)

* 3 Cans of Lentils (52 servings per can)

* 6 Cans of Whole Eggs (236 servings per can)

Cooking Basics

* 2 Cans of White Sugar (46 servings per can)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I've got this

OVERWHELMING URGE [i.e SUICIDAL]

to go out and take out some

MASSIVE LIAR LOANS .......

:rolleyes::D

Grab `em while you can.

Those nasty FSA people are talking about stopping them. How will we ever carry on ?

HOLA4425