House Price Crash Forum
OzzMosiz

Ticked Off Waiting

I'm getting ticked off waiting for prices to slide. Whilst over the last 9 months I have seen prices slide slightly, it seems ever so slow. I know in 9 months I can continur saving and add 8-9K to my pot, but I'm ever so tempted to start going in with cheeky 20%+ off offers. Anyone else feeling like this or is it just lil impatient ol' me? :rolleyes:

I'm getting ticked off waiting for prices to slide. Whilst over the last 9 months I have seen prices slide slightly, it seems ever so slow. I know in 9 months I can continur saving and add 8-9K to my pot, but I'm ever so tempted to start going in with cheeky 20%+ off offers. Anyone else feeling like this or is it just lil impatient ol' me?  :rolleyes:

I'm still sitting in the audience watching the show, and I know the good bit is coming!

I'll try my cheeeeeeky offers then!

I'm getting ticked off waiting for prices to slide. Whilst over the last 9 months I have seen prices slide slightly, it seems ever so slow. I know in 9 months I can continur saving and add 8-9K to my pot, but I'm ever so tempted to start going in with cheeky 20%+ off offers. Anyone else feeling like this or is it just lil impatient ol' me?  :rolleyes:

Oh god yeah! Hang in there..go away, forget about houseprices, live your life :rolleyes:

Don't forget this is the biggest house price bubble in history...consider it a challenge to hang on as close to the bottom as possible.

Good luck anyway.

If it's any consolation, I met a friend tonight who bought two years ago. He told me he'd paid off 5K over two years on a mortgage of over 200K. So you're effectively ahead of him by over 4 times as much, assuming prices haven't moved at all.

Keep saving... as long as prices don't go up, you'll be ahead.

Guest Bart of Darkness

The main difference between now and 1989-1994 is that we are often watching events day by day.

Last time I was barely following events, certainly not with any deliberation.

No wonder it seemed to happen faster.

A watched pot never boils as they say.

its crappy. you have to almost write off 5 years of happy settled-ness and homeownership. to live in temporary rental accomadation when you should be laying roots. i hate renting. and i hate waiting. i reckon we have around 3 long years to go. the waiting might be eased by good stories of neg equity ect. with a warm told you so-ness. that will be part reward.

i wont forget which political partys did this. cons & lab.

It's doing my head in as well, nobody is enjoying this long drawn out process.

But you can't give up now !

As JBeau says, forget about house prices and live life for a while.

It has become an obsession with me, and freinds / family have banned it from conversation now.

I'm seriously thinking of trying not to read or post on this site for maybe 6 months, think about something else for a while, and then come back and see whats happened.

I think what were all waiting for is a paradigm shift rather than a slow way down, but for that to happen... halleluia people have to awaken and then it will be a bit of a flood.

Does holding on preclude the 20%+ off offers. Personally I think it can only help. I'm just waiting for the RE to call me back saying that my 12% less offer is acceptable... at which point I will drop it by another 20% :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Elizabeth

I felt really frustrated till i came to this site - then i was just relieved that my opinion was finally agreed by the majority. There are little things that help me - like looking at the four sad "for sale" signs on our street that have been up a good long while - oh and another in the last few weeks. Hearing "the renting is dead money crowd" beginning to rethink their views. Watching the "new price" signs increase in the ea's window. The cracks are beginning to show - it's a little snowball at the moment!

p.s the one that's just come up for sale is awful - it was built a couple of years ago and was on the market for 225K. Horrible, just a 6 bedded new build - no character whatover - it's a box - complete with very small front garden (on main road), we live in west yorkshire (and no hot spot at that). It's just come on the market again, after being sold early last year (after being up for a while). It's up for sale this last two weeks at 280K??? Complete with mooning knome in the window! Classy!

Yeah me too!!!!!

Hold on

I too was ticked off waiting and actually went to the EA's last week with a view to buying...first time I have been in an EA's in years. Came away absolutley convinced that buying now was the worst thing I could do. I have been watching house prices in my area for months - i feel i know some of these houses better than my own - but the cr@p that these EA's came out with made me realise they are desperate....and so is the housing market. Hold tight, sometime soon you will be sitting in your new house thanking god you didn't give too soon.

Guest Guy_Montag

Offer 30% less, "shy bairns get nae toffee" as they say up here. Tell the agent that it'll be 33% less next fortnight, 36.3% by the end of the month etc... :)

And when you finally buy you will ask yourself what all the hype was about.

Mortgage

Council tax

Insurance

Repairs

Neighbours

Your employer will have this invisible power to turn the thumb screws harder.

Remember you will be feeding money back into the system that has caused this, making them richer, not you.

None of this would have happened without cheap and easy credit, right?

You will still be getting shafted from all directions it just won't seem as bad because you'll be living under the illusion of security.

I looked at £40k terrace houses in 1997, you could hear the TV next door.

Nothing has changed, those houses are still crap. Now they cost four times as much.

Stop coming here then.

Coming here will only make you see things - anticipate things - happening faster than they can.

I feel that by coming here our expectatoions of things happening quickly have been over-set.

I'm quite pleased that I've locked myself into a rental contract for a minimum of 14 months now. Otherewise, I too would be getting bored and frustarted with house prices.

I looked at £40k terrace houses in 1997, you could hear the TV next door.

Nothing has changed, those houses are still crap. Now they cost four times as much.

Yeah my first house had paper thin walls, could hear the next door neighbout

coughing at night. I dread to think how much she could hear when I had company over :lol:

I live in the London, and I'm fairly happy with how things are going.

The London index indicator arrows on the homepage are mostly red. It'd be nice if things were falling a bit faster, but as long as most of those arrows are red, I'm not buying. The wife is with me on this one too, so we're going to sit it out for as long as it takes. I find it's best not to think/worry about it too much. I'm not expecting a quick crash - I'm betting that it's going to take as least 3 years to bottom out. I'm hoping that falls will start to gain some pace when all of the national indexes go to zero or below.

And don't forget that what London does, the rest of the country will follow.

its crappy. you have to almost write off 5 years of happy settled-ness and homeownership. to live in temporary rental accomadation when you should be laying roots. i hate renting. and i hate waiting. i reckon we have around 3 long years to go. the waiting might be eased by good stories of neg equity ect. with a warm told you so-ness. that will be part reward.

i wont forget which political partys did this. cons & lab.

I waited 5 long years from 1990 to 1995 to FTB.

It was worth the wait. I got a great 3 bed property for around 60% of the boom price. Plus I had 5 years' wage inflation to help as well.

Now I've paid it all off and I'm waiting to do the same again for a nice big detached property. If prices dip in 2 years I will get this next house with no mortgage. If they don't dip for 4 years I will just wait 4 years and buy an even better house.

Good things come to those who WAIT...

My colleagues that bought crappy 1 bed flats in 1990 were in negative equity for years. One just bought again a few months ago! Up to his neck in debt again for a house not much bigger than my current one. What a wally.

Need some advice, thought that some of you folks might have some :)

Currently waiting patiently like many others for a house price correction. The thing is that husband and I plus 2 children are now looking into going abroad. Husband is approaching the skills assessment board in Australia to have his accountancy qualifications verified. We have researched this for a few years, not that we hate this place, in fact the Kingdom of Fife is a lovely place. We have watched the property market go crazy in Fife (Edinburgh overspill) :o

We wouldn't be looking to buy in Australia at least in the short term, but feel that the experience of living and working abroad would be a fantastic one for us all. We both have the attitude that if we settle we could buy and put down roots or that after a few years come back to Scotland.

So if you have any advice good or bad, I'd love to hear it :(

Also what would you advise we do with the money from the house we currently live in.

Thanks Chocolate Girl

Waiting for what? I can't afford to buy. Fullstop. I am waiting till I can. There is however no choice in it so its best not to be too obsessive. That or waiting for a lottery win so that I can buy a big f*off mansion a ferrari and spend the rest of my life shopping for meaningless crap on an endless credit supply to hell... and sayonara HPC battlers :lol::lol::lol: (I wish :(:(:( )