House Price Crash Forum
The Bull Trap

Influx Of Property?

Afternoon all,

Every day I do a search on Rightmove - five mile radius of my postcode, for properties added in the last twenty four hours.

I live in the middle of a small town in North Notts, population c. 22,000 people, so the numbers aren't as large as i'd imagine a city search would reveal, for example.

Previous results have varied - Initially three or four per day, rising to six per day prior to the abolition of HIPS. Following the abolition of HIPS, the figure rose to anything from ten to eighteen houses per day. That 'glut' has steadily dropped back down to approximately six per day again.

Imagine my suprise when I performed my search today and was greeted with FIFTY SEVEN properties!

I've had a good look at them all and they are split over six pages on Rightmove. The latter two pages are £180k and below so I doubt the properties are a bankrupt BTL investor.

The properties are spread around local villages and the town and seem like a normal spread of properties for sale (besides four out of the six pages being >£180k)

I wondered if anyone had seen anything similar, or would care to suggest a reason why this might be happening?

I thought you might find this interesting any how!

The Bull Trap

It might be the same old properties being re-priced? Rightmove will pick them up if they have been changed in the last 24 hours (or 3 days or whatever).

You should install PropertyBee if you haven't already, chances are you will see why they are showing up again.

Or it might be an agent removing all their houses and then re-adding them as 'new' entries.

It might be the same old properties being re-priced? Rightmove will pick them up if they have been changed in the last 24 hours (or 3 days or whatever).

You should install PropertyBee if you haven't already, chances are you will see why they are showing up again.

Or it might be an agent removing all their houses and then re-adding them as 'new' entries.

Yes, you are so right, I wondered what is going on too. I have Rightmove property alerts to my Email and usually get one or two every few days BUT on Wednesday I got a list of 36 properties, 36! and they were all from the same local agent. I think he was relisting his entire stock, but the funny thing was, they were all "old" properties i'd already seen and surprise, surprise, they were all STILL at the same price, not one with a price reduction. Did he press the wrong button on his keyboard and relist them all by mistake or is something funny going on..........