House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tulipz

Where To Start Negotiating

Hi all,

I saw a property in bromley and we liked it. its up for 1100 pcm... 2bed attached house .... do u think its over priced? I saw that some apartments in prestigious developements nearby being offered for that price...

findaproperty.com average 2bed house is 950 in bromley... This home is quite average but is clean.

Where should I start negotiating from?

what is the max I should pay for this property?

Please help!

Tulipz

Hi all,

I saw a property in bromley and we liked it. its up for 1100 pcm... 2bed attached house .... do u think its over priced? I saw that some apartments in prestigious developements nearby being offered for that price...

findaproperty.com average 2bed house is 950 in bromley... This home is quite average but is clean.

Please help!

Tulipz

I'm renting for the first time in years, having got fed up of living in London and sold up in April 2009. Half-heartedly tried to negotiate the rent on our flat, but as we were looking at a VERY quiet time (start December 2009), there wasn't an awful lot around, this place was EASILY the best of an otherwise bad bunch and the landlord dropped the rent by £25pcm the morning we went to see it. As a result, we're about £75pcm (10%ish) cheaper than the other flats that have come on in the block since then.

The most important thing for me renting has been the type of landlord we have: he manages and does everything himself. His family are in plumbing or something along those lines and far from being a recent BTLer, he's what I'd consider a proper and professional landlord. Previous tenant had been in for 3 years (always a good sign) but gave the flat a real spruce up before marketing again, in spite of the fact it would become available again only 4 weeks before Christmas. However, as a result, we got a freshly decorated, delightfully maintained place with brand new carpets and furniture.

Not knowing Bromley, it's difficult to know whether it's over-priced in comparative terms, but in terms of your final question, I'd say as much as you can afford while still not resenting paying a penny of it. A quick rightmove search for 2beds in Bromley shows plenty more flats being offered at more than that, so really depends on what you want and need, but for that much, I'd want to be pretty bloody sure I wasn't just covering someone else's mortgage and the landlord would really know what he's doing.

Hi all,

Please help!

Tulipz

RM shows 2 beds in Bromley at 800 to 1250pm.

Usually the difference is based upon how (relatively) good the area is (and how close to the station it is). You haven't given up enough information to tell

RM shows 2 beds in Bromley at 800 to 1250pm.

Usually the difference is based upon how (relatively) good the area is (and how close to the station it is). You haven't given up enough information to tell

The property is close to bromley south station...near westmoreland road ..

Also when is the best time to start making an offer? I just saw that there are 2 agents for this property. I am planning to rent it from 1st nov...is it too early to start negotiations now?

Edited by tulipz