House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Wtf Is Going In

Just looked at the top stories on the Independent website:

Most popular in UK News

Read

1 Woman 'sexually assaulted baby as boyfriend took photos'

2 And finally... bizarre real life stories

3 Deputy head jailed for encouraging rape of girl, three

4 Man jailed for life for torture, rape and murder of niece, 12

5 Couple 'murdered by student £170,000 in debt'

What on earth is wrong with these people?! Look at story number 4 for example: "Detective Chief Inspector David Warren, who led the investigation for Greater Manchester Police, said: "We will never know why Maden killed his niece. He's refused to try and ease some of the pain by telling anyone why he did this and that has added to their upset".

Maden was arrested and later told police he heard "voices - one good voice and one bad voice - in his head" but admitted the rape and murder of his niece.

"He said the voice, the bad voice, had been controlling him and telling him what to do," Mr Cole said.

Stories 1 and 3 are just as horrific.

WTF is going on here?

:(

To answer the direct question, IMO yes it was always like this.

These days of mass media means that the spot light is shone on these sorts of things with much more detail. I don't know if it's because these people now tend to be caught or discovered more easily, this is especially the case with photos as they are now much easier to take and also easier to distribute without getting a 3rd party involved.

I'm sure this sort of thing has been going on for the entire length of human history, but either hidden away and never spoken about. We also seem to have this rose tinted view of the past, but when you look back many of the most notorious crimes and murders are from back then.

I think a couple other slight differences which make now seem worse is there is now a much more liberal bent on punishment, in the past many of these sorts of people would have been locked up at the drop of a hat after their first indiscretion. Yet by the same token stuff that I'm sure a blind eye was turned to in the past has now become termed as abuse (which it is). I don't mean that in relation to the details of the crimes above more in general where if you read the papers the streets are filled with paedophiles.

I think if anything things are better now, but the underbelly of society is fully exposed, we see and hear about the true horror of what goes on, where in the past it was hidden away but still very much there.

Most popular in UK News

Read

What on earth is wrong with these people?! Look at story number 4 for example: "Detective Chief Inspector David Warren, who led the investigation for Greater Manchester Police, said: "We will never know why Maden killed his niece. He's refused to try and ease some of the pain by telling anyone why he did this and that has added to their upset".

Maden was arrested and later told police he heard "voices - one good voice and one bad voice - in his head" but admitted the rape and murder of his niece.

"He said the voice, the bad voice, had been controlling him and telling him what to do," Mr Cole said.

WTF is going on here?

Down my way I read a case of the Alum Chine murderer who back in the distant past murdered lots of children in the area and was hung.

Have lived here most of my life and would never have heard of it unless by chance, now this stuff gets reported to death

It has always gone on, FWIW I reckon a lot of it shouldn't make the media but we have an appetite for it unfortunately.

What's worse are organisations doing their actions for publicity like the IRA, I wouldn't let these events make big news, it is giving them exactly what they want.

Have just googled it http://www.stephen-stratford.co.uk/neville_heath.htm

From the date of the first murder until his hanging less than four months and trial to sentance 1 month!! Is that what they call fast-track?

Guest portwinestain

Most popular in UK News

Read

WTF is going on here?

Sherwick

number 1 story kicked off with the Vanessa George 'Little Teds' Nursery scandal in 2009. Happened in Plymouth

This story reaches up to elite peadophile rings.

Mind Control ( monarch mind control) creates stooges and patsies. The resulting controlled stories keeps the system going.

The story began in Plymouth/Mayflower/13 colonies

I researched a lot more on this

believe me; they are taking the piss right out of us..........disgustingly so

Medieval times: public would take part in pillorying.

Relatively recent times: public would attend executions, and pay to see freak shows. One step removed.

By comparison, reading about Bad Things in the press is two steps removed from the actual deed. Or maybe some other metric if you're a catholic priest.

Most popular in UK News

Yeah, right. Rape-and-murder, pretty obviously horrendous. Other reports less clear-cut: one would need to know[1] what they're really talking about, given how the terms used have been devalued in witch-hunt conditions.

[1] Don't tell me. I don't want to know.

This story reaches up to elite peadophile rings.

What's an elite paedophile ring? Do you mean the Catholic church, or are there others who don't get busted pretty rapidly by the police?

Guest portwinestain

What's an elite paedophile ring? Do you mean the Catholic church, or are there others who don't get busted pretty rapidly by the police?

Well there would have to those high up in the justice system that are in on it or it would never work. The systems fails when it's needed ( George worked in a nursery; Dawber worked in an elderly home. This ups the fear)

Catholic Church? Perhaps.

Peadophile rings protected by the upper echelons of society.

I realise this link won't prove nothing to you but it might make you think :

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/MP-Linda-s-question-barred-Speaker/article-1071651-detail/article.html

Do a search for Hollie Greig.