House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie The Tramp Returns

Norman Wisdom Dies At The Age Of 95

You beat me to it.

Sad news. Quite a character around the Isle of Man - he died at his nursing home. His health had deteriorated over recent years.

Mr. Grimsdale! Mr. Grimsdale!

Lovely man, talented, very funny - not just a comic but a fine actor. God Bless Norman.

How much are those terraced houses worth now?

Lovely man, talented, very funny - not just a comic but a fine actor. God Bless Norman.

Very good straight actor in his later years. The BBC play "Going Gently" lives on in my memory still.

Norman earned quite a lot of money in the 50s/60s, and lived to have quite a long life! :)

There has been a very interesting documentary about his early life, so I 'll bet that may be repeated!

Ahhh, a master of a genre of comedy that I loved when I was a kid. Still makes me smile today.

He seemed to be that rare thing, a British comedian/comic actor who was comfortable with who he was.

You should read the BBC HYS page, it's amazing how internationally diverse the comments are!

What are ya all going on about? Norman Wisdom's not dead. He's leading the Labour party!

(I actually loved some of his old films, especially the one where he tries to be a copper and an undercover hairdresser!)

Sorry but as a child I loved his films, and today I can still enjoy certain ones he made. :D

Same here

I was interested to read that his movies were actually a bigger box office draw than James Bond in the UK of the early 1960s

He had a very, very tough early life and spent some living on the streets before joining the army

A multi talented performer and much better actor than he was usually given credit.

If his wife had not left him in 1968 when he was establishing himself on Broadway then he would have probably have been an even bigger international star.

Sorry but as a child I loved his films, and today I can still enjoy certain ones he made. :D

Used to really love his stuff as a nipper.

The milkman one and the police one I would still watch today.

One very odd one is "What's Good for the Goose", a strange sex-comedy/60s trippy vibe type of film. Not awful by any means, just very very odd.

Used to really love his stuff as a nipper.

The milkman one and the police one I would still watch today.

One very odd one is "What's Good for the Goose", a strange sex-comedy/60s trippy vibe type of film. Not awful by any means, just very very odd.

A great man and one who put the 'great' in Great Britain.

Not my cup of tea ...I found falling over a bit tedious after the first few times ........ seemed a top bloke though