House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
aptid

Rightmove

I have been browsing Rightmove with property bee this morning and noticed about 5 properties that had increased their prices today, by typically 5% or so.

They must be planning to accept lower offers without the pain of a real reduction :lol::lol:

I've seen this alot near me. They obviously don't know about Property Bee! I agree with you, they've heard prices are falling and so to achieve their asking price simply raise the asking price. Unless it's inflation :blink:

I've seen this alot near me. They obviously don't know about Property Bee! I agree with you, they've heard prices are falling and so to achieve their asking price simply raise the asking price. Unless it's inflation blink.gif

Wasn't there an advertisement for beer a few years ago with the tagline, "Reassuringly Expensive"? I think some sellers must be trying to reassure buyers about the quality of their houses.

I've seen this alot near me. They obviously don't know about Property Bee! I agree with you, they've heard prices are falling and so to achieve their asking price simply raise the asking price. Unless it's inflation :blink:

EA: In this market, you may have to accept 10% less than your asking price

Seller: That's okay, I'll just raise the asking price by 10%

The fools - they should have raised it by 11.11%

Recently I have migrated to Google Chrome and Property Tracker instead of FF& PB. Much faster and much cleaner.

Link?

I found one property tracker but it looks yank and clunky and isn't free.

People are stupid. There is only one way to sell your house that is guaranteed. And I can say this having never done it myself.

(1) Work out an average recent sale price of locally similar houses.

(2) Put yours up for sale.

(3) Continue to gradually drop the price until someone buys it.

(4) They will.

(5) The end.

Edited by ccc

Link?

I found one property tracker but it looks yank and clunky and isn't free.

Looks like this could be it. Haven't tried it yet, might give it a whirl.

Edit to add - it looks ok, but there clearly aren't enough people using it, since all the houses I check with property-bee have a decent history attached to them... but not with property tracker.

Edited by the.ciscokid

I've mentioned this elsewhere on here.

Was chatting to an EA last week about a house they have had on for over a year for 240K in Swansea West. Had quite a few viewings apparently but all apparently said it was over-priced.

Vendor has now changed EAs and has it on for asking price of 290K.

The former EA thinks it is ludicrous but apparently so do a few in the new EA but, as they said to me, "we don't do the valuations!".

One other point, it is interesting that you are noticing these now - i.e. first week of Oct.

Perhaps sellers have been bitterly disappointed by the offers, or lack of offers, in the so-called boom month of September... or perhaps they all got inundated with 100% asking price offers that they have all decided to up their asking prices to fight off the buyers? :rolleyes:

One other point, it is interesting that you are noticing these now - i.e. first week of Oct.

Perhaps sellers have been bitterly disappointed by the offers, or lack of offers, in the so-called boom month of September... or perhaps they all got inundated with 100% asking price offers that they have all decided to up their asking prices to fight off the buyers? :rolleyes:

Just an anecdotal

We're looking on the Somerset Wiltshire border, around the £180k mark

An agent in Warminster has advised that we should be putting in offers no lower than £3 or 4 K below the asking prices, and to buy before january as the ecconomy is starting to pick up.

Same old same old

Lots of property seems to be sticking, and there's definitely more on the market - still overpriced though IMHO.