House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tonkers

Home Under The Hammer

For once we had a nice couple (the steampunk ones) who bought a house at auction to live in. They had to spend their budget on structural things. When visited by the estate agents to value the place, they were all going 'needs new kitchen and bathroom, mordernisation blah blah' but I saw a young couple in a perfectly serviceable new home that they enjoyed, the young couple muddling through in their first house together. What is wrong with that?

Why do people always put in new kitchens and bathrooms?

It was nice to see a real family planning to go the old school route of gradual improvements as and when the money was there.

Heaven forbid you have to sh&t or cook in the same place as someone else has.

Yet we stay in expensive hotels, happily sleeping on mattresses that have filtered a million farts

I saw a young couple in a perfectly serviceable new home that they enjoyed, the young couple muddling through in their first house together. What is wrong with that?

When we bought, back in 2003 as a couple of 23/24 year olds we slept on camp beds and had deckchairs in the sitting room until we could afford to furnish the house.

I remember one of my "stick it on the credit card" friends coming to visit and I could tell they were horrified. We actually enjoyed doing up the house and the skills I learnt in the process have saved me thousands since.

Yet we stay in expensive hotels, happily sleeping on mattresses that have filtered a million farts

With our heads on pillows that have absorbed how many liters of drool, and been placed under how many sweaty bums to enhance the gymnastics...?

It was nice to see a real family planning to go the old school route of gradual improvements as and when the money was there.

wish I had seen it. Could be a rare occasion when this genre of broadcasting leave blood pressure normal.

When we bought, back in 2003 as a couple of 23/24 year olds we slept on camp beds and had deckchairs in the sitting room until we could afford to furnish the house.

I remember one of my "stick it on the credit card" friends coming to visit and I could tell they were horrified. We actually enjoyed doing up the house and the skills I learnt in the process have saved me thousands since.

Please report to the Bank of England for re-education, they would like you to know that they've double checked it and it turns out infinite debt growth is the road to riches.

With our heads on pillows that have absorbed how many liters of drool, and been placed under how many sweaty bums to enhance the gymnastics...?

:D:D:D:D:D

Ewww. :ph34r:

For once we had a nice couple (the steampunk ones) who bought a house at auction to live in. They had to spend their budget on structural things. When visited by the estate agents to value the place, they were all going 'needs new kitchen and bathroom, mordernisation blah blah' but I saw a young couple in a perfectly serviceable new home that they enjoyed, the young couple muddling through in their first house together. What is wrong with that?

Why do people always put in new kitchens and bathrooms?

I think it worse when they go on about a place "not being good enough for rental".

There was a place on in Wales a few months ago and the rental agents panned the finish. Whilst simple, it looked perfectly servicable to me.

From my experience of looking for rental in Wales the median quality on offer is rubbish and if you see a "servicable" place you take it immediately, it certainly isn't "not good enough"

tim