House Price Crash Forum
JonoP

Best Place In The World To Live....

A couple of recent posts that spoke about living in China have made me stop and think. I am wondering where the *best* place in the world to live would be. By my definition of best I basically mean cheap and nice (nice and cheap?), so:

• The place would need an excellent healthcare system, yet medical insurance would need to be inexpensive
  • Housing costs would need to be low low low - either renting or buying (mods, the inclusion of a housing topic makes this post relevant to the house prices and economy forum. Honest)
  • The cost of living (food/booze/transport) would need to be low
  • The climate would need to be great and seaside living is a must
  • Food should be good
  • The locals should be friendly
  • Ideally, it should be possible to secure some form of employment, even if it is casual (I anticipate the bulk of living costs being covered by investments though)
  • You should be able to stay there without constant visa hassle

Any ideas?

A couple of recent posts that spoke about living in China have made me stop and think. I am wondering where the *best* place in the world to live would be. By my definition of best I basically mean cheap and nice (nice and cheap?), so:

• The place would need an excellent healthcare system, yet medical insurance would need to be inexpensive

• Housing costs would need to be low low low - either renting or buying (mods, the inclusion of a housing topic makes this post relevant to the house prices and economy forum. Honest)

• Food should be good

• Ideally, it should be possible to secure some form of employment, even if it is casual (I anticipate the bulk of living costs being covered by investments though)

Any ideas?

Firstly... tell us ... are you a billionaire or are you a worker leaving off your fruit of labour ?

• Food should be good

Any ideas?

What you're looking for does not exist. All countries have good and bad aspects and what suits one person

about a particular country will not suit another. Be happy with what you have and don't think that you can change

your life for the better by moving countries.

• Food should be good

Any ideas?

South Australia - eyre peninsula or thereabouts. Watch out for the white pointers mind.

• Food should be good

Any ideas?

You have just described Thailand

Australia is wonderful......but they are pretty tight on who they let in from europe, and increasingly so. Yes, there are lots of overstayers, but they WILL kick you out if they catch you 5 - 10 - 20 years later.

Surely there is no one best place because we'd all prefer different climate, population density, etc. By the end of August for example I'm usually sick of the heat in Britain and want it to cool down. Permanent 21c and low humidity would be ideal but I can't imagine there are many places like that.

If finding work wasn't an issue then I really wouldn't limit myself to one particular country. I'd spent each winter in a different coutry during their dry season, and then come back to Europe for the summer. South East Asia ticks many boxes, and a personal favourite of mine is Sri Lanka, but there's also a lot to miss in Latin America.

Surely there is no one best place because we'd all prefer different climate, population density, etc. By the end of August for example I'm usually sick of the heat in Britain and want it to cool down. Permanent 21c and low humidity would be ideal but I can't imagine there are many places like that.

Santiago or Mexico City.

San Diego's climate is brilliant. Warm in summer but rarely above 30c. Winter high teens. Masses of sun. Nice sea breeze.

• Food should be good

Any ideas?

I think you need to move to Skegness or Blackpool.

These kinds of threads always end up in Canada. And then someone goes, 'Yeah, bit have you seen how much a 2 bed flat is in Vancouver?!?!?!?' and then some bull always comes on and says, 'Well, prices will always be high in places people want to live.' And then they put one of these ;) on the end just to annoy you.

You'll see.

These kinds of threads always end up in Canada. And then someone goes, 'Yeah, bit have you seen how much a 2 bed flat is in Vancouver?!?!?!?' and then some bull always comes on and says, 'Well, prices will always be high in places people want to live.' And then they put one of these ;) on the end just to annoy you.

You'll see.

:lol:

Guest The Relaxation Suite

San Diego's climate is brilliant. Warm in summer but rarely above 30c. Winter high teens. Masses of sun. Nice sea breeze.

And the great thing about San Diego is that it also has cheap and easily accessible healthcare, cheap housing, and no real problems with visas.

Oh, hang on....

South Australia - eyre peninsula or thereabouts. Watch out for the white pointers mind.

Living in VIC at the moment. Aus is good - but fails on the houseprice angle :-)

Depends what the No1 priority is

Climate - Montecito , SB county California - perfect all year

Food - Tokyo - hands down winner every time for any type of food more michelin stars by a country mile

Hot women - Seoul

Low taxation , efficiency - Singapore

Cultural offerings - London

Cost of living - Wellington NZ

Great outdoors - Queenstown NZ

I'm retired and we live in Singapore as has a good all round mix and its a great easy place to bring up kids, schools are excellent and once your wife has had a full time live in maid you probably can't persuade her to go any other place ... We also spend a lot of time in the other places on my list ...