House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Life's A Ball On Benefits - Vicky's Partied For 6 Years On Your Money

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/1016715/The-single-young-mum-who-brags-about-boozing-and-partying-off-her-benefits.html

EVERY night is party night for fit young benefits scrounger Vicky Dawson - thanks to a free house and £160-a-week drinking money from YOU the muggins taxpayer.

The shameless 22-year-old single mum is a damning indictment on Britain's gimme-gimme handout culture.

She proudly boasts that the only work she's interested in is "working the system".

The government has promised a crackdown on spongers, but expert skiver Vicky vows NEVER to get a job. She bragged: "Why do I want to slog my guts out when I could be at home watching TV?

"I think work's overrated. I've spent hours drinking in the park with my mates and laughing at workers on their lunch breaks. They look so miserable.

"I like my life. I get £160 pocket money every week for doing nothing and on top of that I get a free house.

"I spend my cash on clothes and partying. And I'm glad I don't have to go to work because I get terrible hangovers. I don't care if people think I'm like a real-life Vicky Pollard from Little Britain. I'm the smart one working the system."

Every fortnight idle Vicky leaves her smart two-bedroom house with its wooden floors, Sky TV, and booze-stocked fridge to go to the JobCentre - to prove she's seeking work.

But secretly she does her best to ensure she's NOT offered a job.

"It's easy," she bragged. "At interviews most people dress in skirts or suits but I turn up in jeans and a jumper. I look as bored as I can and stare out of the window. If they ask why I want the job and why I'd be good at it, I just say 'Dunno.' It usually works."

Vicky started on benefits after dropping out of school at 16. Then she realised becoming a mum would loot even more from the system and now she has two-year-old Lewis.

"I had two miscarriages before I finally had him," she told us. "The doctor said I should rest during pregnancy in case I miscarried again. So there was no way I could work then. I just had to put my feet up."

Vicky's party lifestyle in Gainsborough, Lincs, costs the state £6,200 a year in rent and council tax - plus £8,320 to spend on herself and Lewis.

"I love having fun and a bit of luxury," she admitted. "I bought a £150 Karen Millen handbag last week. We all deserve a few treats. I'm not going to get any old job just for the sake of it. I'll carry on living off taxpayers' money.

I just love unbiased journalism, clearly not written in any way to get you blood to boil.

Something just doesn't add up here who's looking after her son?

She's admitting that she drinks so much she has a hangover in the morning yet still cares for the child? Surely social services would be interested.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/1016715/The-single-young-mum-who-brags-about-boozing-and-partying-off-her-benefits.html

I just love unbiased journalism, clearly not written in any way to get you blood to boil.

Something just doesn't add up here who's looking after her son?

She's admitting that she drinks so much she has a hangover in the morning yet still cares for the child? Surely social services would be interested.

You don't normally come over as sounding so sheltered.

This is not abnormal in 2010 Britain.

Coming soon:

"My wife has never worked a day in her life, but guess what I signed over the company to her, she buggered off to Monaco and then took £1b out the company! Never paid a penny on it in tax neither." said Phil Green, a shop worker from London.

"My family bought half of the west country and I live on a massive farm. I've also never had a proper job but would you believe I am a non-dom for tax purposes. I should be paying hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to pay for teachers, hospitals and infrastructure, but like I give a shite." Zac G, an eco activist from Richmond

"I've sitting on a £30m fortune, never worked a day in my life in a "proper" job and had the best education money could buy. But I still managed to get £55k by flipping my home. Don't hate the playa, hate teh game" Georgie O

She has the right idea - working the system to the max. Why should she work if a system is in place that supports her life of leisure? Look at changing the system rather than blaming the people who use it to their advantage.

As for scrounging, I notice that according to the article she "..costs the state £6,200 a year in rent and council tax - plus £8,320 to spend on herself and Lewis." Extremely small change compared to the hundreds of billions poured into the banking system so that the banksters can award themselves tens of billions of pounds of bonuses.

Corporate welfare is where the real scrounging is, chavs like her are amateur small time players.

Corporate welfare is where the real scrounging is, chavs like her are amateur small time players.

Hear! Hear! +1

Coming soon:

"My wife has never worked a day in her life, but guess what I signed over the company to her, she buggered off to Monaco and then took £1b out the company! Never paid a penny on it in tax neither." said Phil Green, a shop worker from London.

"My family bought half of the west country and I live on a massive farm. I've also never had a proper job but would you believe I am a non-dom for tax purposes. I should be paying hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to pay for teachers, hospitals and infrastructure, but like I give a shite." Zac G, an eco activist from Richmond

"I've sitting on a £30m fortune, never worked a day in my life in a "proper" job and had the best education money could buy. But I still managed to get £55k by flipping my home. Don't hate the playa, hate teh game" Georgie O

Assume you are making a similiar point to that I was about to make...

i.e. The poor and benefit scroungers are getting vilified in plenty of these articles now, when perhaps we should be looking at the rich who are also having a free and easy ride of it.

Coming soon:

Interesting take on someone who has made a fortune by not underestimating the taste of the British public.

But in his defence he has provided employment for thousands of people, their combined income tax must be a pretty significant amount. The business rates paid on the property in the business must also be a significant sum, we also need to factor in the taxes paid by suppliers and other businesses that generate profits from his retail empires, not to mention import and other customs duties.

And not least we don't give him free money every week to live on, nor do we pay his rent.

Coming soon:

+ 1

And another point , Phil will also employ girls of 22 who do not get pregnant . They will be rewarded with a NMW job , they won't get a free house or take home £160 after tax , ni and fares .

No wonder so many have chosen the get pregnant route. To encourage young women not to get pregnant a better alternative needs to be there. But there is not anything for them to aim for . For Many even the educated there is just crap NMW with no hope and no prospects , and they wonder why so many have got pregnant.

She has the right idea - working the system to the max. Why should she work if a system is in place that supports her life of leisure? Look at changing the system rather than blaming the people who use it to their advantage.

As for scrounging, I notice that according to the article she "..costs the state £6,200 a year in rent and council tax - plus £8,320 to spend on herself and Lewis." Extremely small change compared to the hundreds of billions poured into the banking system so that the banksters can award themselves tens of billions of pounds of bonuses.

Every blinking time!

Yes, we know the banksters bailout was a (deliberate) mistake of criminal proportions, and Gordon and his cronies need to swing for it.

But still, two wrongs dont make a right.

Banksters getting away with murder doesnt mean everyone and his dog should too, its no excuse.

Now, locking up bankers and brokers and putting Gordon in the noose, thats something i could agree with. Undoing damage, not allowing the damage to spread.

Interesting take on someone who has made a fortune by not underestimating the taste of the British public.

But in his defence he has provided employment for thousands of people, their combined income tax must be a pretty significant amount. The business rates paid on the property in the business must also be a significant sum, we also need to factor in the taxes paid by suppliers and other businesses that generate profits from his retail empires, not to mention import and other customs duties.

And not least we don't give him free money every week to live on, nor do we pay his rent.

What an idiotic argument. That in some way Green should be treated differently because he creates employment and that for some strange reason his employee's should pay more tax, so that he doesn't have to pay hardly any.

If he was not in bussines someone else would pick up the slack . They would pay the taxes , business rates , staff taxes ect.

So there is no excuse for him being able to pay his wife £1Billion tax free . Whatever one does there are many taxes that have to be paid ,the difference for people like him is that with some taxes they are in a position to choose not to pay.

True but as such he is already rewarded with a reduced tax rate on his earnings by taking dividends rather than a salary.

We also supplement the wages he pays his staff by topping them up with tax credits, housing subsidies etc which sort of proves that they are underpaid. I wonder what the total amount of "top up" money is supplied to Arcadia staff by the rest of the population just to allow them to pay below a living wage?

Coming soon:

All I see there is people making money through doing stuff. I haven't noticed anyone taking it off anyone else.

Do you have a problem with people making money?

All I see there is people making money through doing stuff. I haven't noticed anyone taking it off anyone else.

2 of those he mentioned are thieves.

This is exactly what the government needs to address with their welfare reform. I will never ever understand why I should pay for two houses, the mortgage on my own and houses for single mums. I do hope the government does simplify the system so that the perverse incentives in the system are corrected.

This is exactly what the government needs to address with their welfare reform. I will never ever understand why I should pay for two houses, the mortgage on my own and houses for single mums. I do hope the government does simplify the system so that the perverse incentives in the system are corrected.

Comedy gold, right there.

Vicky's party lifestyle in Gainsborough, Lincs, costs the state £6,200 a year in rent and council tax - plus £8,320 to spend on herself and Lewis.

So there we have it in a nutshell.

The beneficiaries are whoever the rent is being paid to.

The council.

The recipients of the £8,320 she spends i.e. Tesco, the drinks companies, Karen Millen etc etc.

In other words, the private sector has been booking imaginary 'profits' for over a decade which are actually brought forward earnings via the govt. deficit. (Remember PS deficit = private sector surplus).

These private sector business have in turn been paying themselves salaries and bonuses based upon these imaginary profits. No different to the bankstering system.

The primary recipients (like this imaginary woman) are simply the conduit for this fraud by Fatby Jones and his buddies.

I think post 14 answers that one for you

Nope, proper entreprenuers are rewarded with a much reduced tax rate, to then try and reduce that even further by "playing the system" seems morally wrong to me.

Just as I find "playing the system" wrong when it is some young slut.

Not quite the same though is it.

Gold smith and Green did both make money and employ people. All this tart has done for her money is lay on her back. <_<

Goldsmith's Dad made all the money, not Zac. I have to confess to finding Zac Goldsmith particularly repellant. I would love someone to do a TV programme called 'Lifestyles of the rich and environmentally friendly', which would show just how energy intensive their massive houses are and how much CO2 their exotic travel generates.

A couple of years back, Al Gore's house was found to use 20x the national US average amount of energy, and I'd someone to do the same for all environmental activists, especially rich ones.

It's not that I don't sympathise with the cause - I genuinely do think we collectively need to massively clean up our act - but I live in a 2-bed flat, walk to work, don't own a car and don't go on holiday to long-haul destinations (this clearly makes me a saint, of course), and I don't think anyone who preaches sustainable living for all should live anything other than a sustainable lifestyle themselves.

Nope, proper entreprenuers are rewarded with a much reduced tax rate, to then try and reduce that even further by "playing the system" seems morally wrong to me.

Just as I find "playing the system" wrong when it is some young slut.

I disagree. Proper entrepreneurs should pay a much reduced tax rate, but they currently don't without playing the system.

For example, I think that income tax on dividends from a company in which you own more than 20% of the ordinary share capital should be taxed at the marginal rate rather than the top rate, so as to encourage genuine entrepreneurs whilst still making people who claim to be entreprenerial risk takers, but who are in fact nothing of the kind (i.e. bankers), pay the higher rate.