House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Executive Sadman

Most Fanciful Attempts At Flipping.

Ive noticed flipping has carried on during the last few years - not as much, but still present.

Some seem to make big dosh, saw one go from Being sold end 2008 for £76k to £126k a few months later. Another went from £142k to £145k ie no profit after fees etc.

This one takes the biscuit though. Shove an extra bedroom in the roof, give it a lick of paint and watch the price go from £110k to £250k. Doubt it even got £110k originally, was on for ages. In an undesirable town, and backs onto a supermarket car park.

£110k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=CB7+5HH&displayPropertyType=detachedshouses&bedrooms=3&radius=0.0&sellersPriceGuide=Update+results

£250k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=CB7+5HH&displayPropertyType=detachedshouses&bedrooms=4&radius=0.0&sellersPriceGuide=Update+results

Well spotted!

The house I am currently renting sold for £800k in June 2009.

Now on the market for £1.25m.

Nothing changed other than my family moving in. Now I know we're popular folk, but adding >50% to the price of a property just by our very presence? That's cool....

there did seem to be a bit of a bounce last summer, and people I know say 'prices are going back up'

I suspect there may have been some succesful flippers during the summer, to be frustrated ongoing, hopefully