House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndyAndy

Dando Telegraph Article

I've just had a quick read of the Telegraph article about Suzanne Dando and her wealth (imaginery). The bit that caught my eye and made me think bullsh!t to the whole thing was the bit about the car investments. One of my towering passions is classic cars. I do not have a Ferrari or anything close but I do read the auction results and market reports for the top end stuff in all the monthly classic car journals.

Suzanne (49) who has been married to Adam for 3 years says:

Adam has always believed that classic cars are a good investment. In 2007, just prior to our marriage, he bought a Ferrari F40 for £205,000. I couldn't believe it when he came home and told me, but he insisted it was a good idea and apparently it's now worth £450,000, so he must have been right. He looks after it.

Tops for a good F40 was reached at Monterey (its a classic car show and auction for the mega rich in California) at $349,000 which is about £215,000 which is about what Adam paid for his. Plus once you have taken into account maintenance - which can be huge even if you never ever drive it (and plenty don't) and just put it in a temp and air controlled plastic bubble and insurance and any interest if you borrowed for it, its not much of an investment at all. Mind neither are houses which is where they seem to have the rest of the money.

If you double the price of all your assets in your head and your debt remains at the same figure you can feel quite rich and smug. Which I guess is how all this started.

I wonder if Adam will be able to keep fibbing to Suzanne or whether it will all end up like a rather wetter version of the Boveys.

Ah the lovely Suzanne ...

I was driving through Henley-on-Thames the other day & this cyclist came straight out in front of me, I gave it the old ****** sign then realised the pretty eyes under the cycling helmet belonged to Miss Dando.

The hand signal quickly became an enthusiatic wave & huge smile ...

Then I saw she was with that nonce from Home & Away :(

I've just had a quick read of the Telegraph article about Suzanne Dando and her wealth (imaginery).  The bit that caught my eye and made me think bullsh!t to the whole thing was the bit about the car investments.  One of my towering passions is classic cars. I do not have a Ferrari or anything close but I do read the auction results and market reports for the top end stuff in all the monthly classic car journals.

Suzanne (49) who has been married to Adam for 3 years says:

Adam has always believed that classic cars are a good investment. In 2007, just prior to our marriage, he bought a Ferrari F40 for £205,000. I couldn't believe it when he came home and told me, but he insisted it was a good idea and apparently it's now worth £450,000, so he must have been right. He looks after it.

Tops for a good F40 was reached at Monterey (its a classic car show and auction for the mega rich in California) at $349,000 which is about £215,000 which is about what Adam paid for his. Plus once you have taken into account maintenance - which can be huge even if you never ever drive it  (and plenty don't) and just put it in a temp and air controlled plastic bubble and insurance and any interest if you borrowed for it, its not much of an investment at all. Mind neither are houses which is where they seem to have the rest of the money.  

If you double the price of all your assets in your head and your debt remains at the same figure you can feel quite rich and smug.  Which I guess is how all this started.

I wonder if Adam will be able to keep fibbing to Suzanne or whether it will all end up like a rather wetter version of the Boveys.

1) People (and especially bimbos) only look at the headline figures. They forget about the costs inbetween. The messy, dirty bit of having to maintain something doesn't need to be considered.

2) 'Worth'.. there's that word again. It's 'worth' whatever some mug will pay for it.

I googled her and I still don't know who she is.

What's your favourite TV show and why? I just love the Vicar of Dibley. I think Dawn French is a genius.

From the Guardian

Good looking gymnast who kept popping up on TV shows, she was on Morecambe and Wise, and IIRC in Carry on Emmanuelle. Nearest equivalent today would be Gabby Yorath.

Is that ironic about the Vicar of Dibley? Typical Richard Curtis rubbish, he always needs a more cynical co-writer. Dawn French was very funny but that was a long long time ago.

That was Jill?

Dan-do

She's great

Gets down the Gate

Took a bullet

It was fate

Dan-do

Which as far as I am concerned is an affectionate tribute but a lot of people moan about it being in bad taste.

Moral of the story, wait until you're 46 then marry a rich guy.

It nearly worked for Anthea Turner.

Not sure his F40 is worth £450,000 either, when a dealer is selling them for £320,000 http://www.mcgurk.com/CarDetails/1991_Ferrari_F40_268 (so more likely worth £270k).

Anyone who lived through the 80s/90s recession will remember how the "clever money" got out of shares/houses and looked for other places to put their money, and bought up classic cars and fine wines.. That soon went south too, burning many people in the process.

Who is Suzanne Dando?

My reaction at first, but I was thinking about Jill Dando and thinking WTF this post was about!

My reaction at first, but I was thinking about Jill Dando and thinking WTF this post was about!

Exactamundo! Never really did get to the bottom of poor Jill's nasty end, did we? Is Barry George free now?

That was Jill?

That was who I thought the conversation was about, haven't heard of this other girl before.

Who is Suzanne Dando?

No idea who this person is.

Stop it you guys, you're making me feel old!

Which as far as I am concerned is an affectionate tribute but a lot of people moan about it being in bad taste.

:lol: Can't think why.