House Price Crash Forum

Whose Money Is It?

HOLA441

Very cosy piece on Osborne in the Daily Torygraph yesterday

Osborne piece in Torygraph

but the bit that caught my eye was

Well, I am a low-tax Conservative. I believe in lower taxes. They are a good thing and I would dearly love to give back people more of their money and I never forget, by the way, that it is their money. It's not the Government's money, it is the people's money, the people who read the Telegraph."

Well, they've got it now, and Mr Osborne clearly thinks that they're ones who deserve to keep it.

Better make sure you read the right newspaper, or the Chancellor will take your money away and give it to those who do.

db

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Very cosy piece on Osborne in the Daily Torygraph yesterday

Osborne piece in Torygraph

but the bit that caught my eye was

Well, they've got it now, and Mr Osborne clearly thinks that they're ones who deserve to keep it.

Better make sure you read the right newspaper, or the Chancellor will take your money away and give it to those who do.

db

He was writing for the telegraph correct? And it surprises you that he addressed the readership of that paper directly?

Making something of nothing for moronic political poking. Seriously this board used to be so good. :(

HOLA448

He was writing for the telegraph correct? And it surprises you that he addressed the readership of that paper directly?

Making something of nothing for moronic political poking. Seriously this board used to be so good. :(

Ah, you did Media Studies! :D:D

HOLA449
HOLA4410

The Telegraph readership is a great place to look for tax avoiders. The paper even publishes an annual guide on how to avoid as much tax as possible, explaining all the loopholes and nuances. It's available on Amazon. The Daily Mail do one too. Says it all.

Thanks, I'll do a search.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The Telegraph readership is a great place to look for tax avoiders. The paper even publishes an annual guide on how to avoid as much tax as possible, explaining all the loopholes and nuances. It's available on Amazon. The Daily Mail do one too. Says it all.

How much?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

And what do you suggest doing with them when you find them? Congratulate them for conscientiously declaring everything in the most tax-efficient way possible?

HOLA4415

Have you put money in an ISA? Perhaps you have put money in a pension scheme? Then you're avoiding tax!

Phoney

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Ah, you did Media Studies! :D:D

No

How much extra tax do you volunteer to pay per year?

Just so we know how much more virtous you are than people who do a bit of reading to make sure they pay the right/least ammount of tax.

HOLA4419

How much extra tax do you volunteer to pay per year?

Just so we know how much more virtous you are than people who do a bit of reading to make sure they pay the right/least ammount of tax.

I pay the correct amount of tax. It's not hard to do. I don't need a book.

It's not me Danny and the team are after ;) Remember it's Danny and the team who have identified there are tax avoiders who need to be dealt with.

People who play the tax system are as bad as people who play the benefits system and IMO both of those lifestyle choices are morally wrong.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I pay the correct amount of tax. It's not hard to do. I don't need a book.

It's not me Danny and the team are after ;) Remember it's Danny and the team who have identified there are tax avoiders who need to be dealt with.

People who play the tax system are as bad as people who play the benefits system and IMO both of those lifestyle choices are morally wrong.

Sure if you are some PAYE-only wage slave you can plod home knowing you are paying the "right" ammount.

But what if you own a business, do freelance work, earn money from investments or a combination of these. You as a PAYE bod pay the minimum ammount of tax you have too, why should the people you so gleefully expect to be "dealt with" be any different?

Oh yes, petty minded jealousy because they are better off. <_<

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Not envy of one's betters on here?? Surely not.

I wouldnt say "betters" I don't think thats nice and it ignores the influence of luck and circumstance especially in a system as loaded as ours.

I just think its worth pointing out that average Joe 9-5er pays the minimum ammount of tax they can and calls it the "right" ammount but when someone else pays the minimum they can they need hunting down. :huh:

Which is an obvious logical inconsistancy which can only be sustained by those blinded by jealousy.

HOLA4425