House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Once in a lifetime

Agents Warn Against Selling Homes Online

Agents warn against selling homes online

"With the greatest possible respect to those home-owners, I would suggest that 90% will fall flat on their faces," Mr Templeton said.
"The big skill is the ability to convert a good offer into a very good offer. What we are doing is acting very much in favour of the vendor."

:unsure:http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/sto...sp?story=660578 :unsure:

"The big skill is the ability to convert a good offer into a very good offer. What we are doing is acting very much in favour of the vendor."

indeed, by lying about other ficticious offers for said property :o

Agents warn against selling homes online

Well, they would, wouldn't they?

Using my magic crystal ball a big player like Rightmove will offer to subsidise the creation of sellers HIPs provided they get to be the sole online agent.

Now *that* is a reason for independent agents to worry!

It takes an average of 15 viewings to secure a sale, therefore agents fall flat on their faces 93.75% of the time. So we can consider 90% a compliment.

Fingers

He asked how internet vendors would be able to decide whether the buyer could afford the house or whether they would be able to enter into a contract.

What about asking said buyers if they can afford it...? :huh:

What else can the EA do, other than ask them???

EA's warn about selling houses online!!HA!!!

yes there are risks involved.......such as the EA's livelihood!

got to admire the way they try and distort it though!!!

Mr Cairns said that if people had to have a heart operation, you would make sure to get the best cardiac surgeon available.

Facinating. So now EAs think that they have the same skill levels as heart surgeons... and no less that they are just as important :lol::lol::lol:

Guest The_Oldie

They are high pressure sales people plain and simple. Their employers send them on the same type of courses (where they learn such techniques as insult selling) as those charming folk from Bowater Zenith who phone us all up once or twice a week for a chat :D.

Edit: To be fair, there are a few exceptions, but the majority of EAs that I have encountered recently fit the above description perfectly.

Using my magic crystal ball a big player like Rightmove will offer to subsidise the creation of sellers HIPs provided they get to be the sole online agent.

Now *that* is a reason for independent agents to worry!

Absolutely! Home Information Packs will make it very difficult for the smaller agents to compete.

They are high pressure sales people plain and simple. Their employers send them on the same type of courses (where they learn such techniques as insult selling)

Who are they trained to insult...?

Buyers?

Sellers?

Everyone?

Guest The_Oldie
Who are they trained to insult...?

Buyers?

Sellers?

Everyone?

Insult selling is a technique whereby the salesman insults the buyer eg "You obviously can't afford this house" in the hope that the buyer will pay full asking price just to prove a point. Surprisingly, it sometimes works :angry:.

Insult selling is a technique whereby the salesman insults the buyer eg "You obviously can't afford this house" in the hope that the buyer will pay full asking price just to prove a point. Surprisingly, it sometimes works  :angry:.

Well, it wouldn't work for me...!

He'd say "You obviously can't afford this house"

and I'd say "you're bl@0dy well right I can't"...! :lol: