House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Druids To Be Recognised Officially As A Charity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11457795

Result for War Chief Arthur Pendragon, then...

:blink::blink::blink:

Good luck to them, I say.

I don't really know what they get up to, but whatever it is, they're certainly no worse than the perverted, thieving, hypocritical scoundrels who've infested this good earth for centuries.

No hate today.

Instead of carefully considering groups of believers for potential tax breaks so as not to discriminate, it might be better to revoke all tax break for religious groups. This would be least discriminatory -- and that includes against people of no faith. It would also (I assume) increase tax revenues and reduce costs at the Charity Commission as there would be no longer need to ponder who should be considered a 'proper' religious group for tax reasons.

If there's a negative aspect to revoking tax breaks for religious groups, it hasn't yet occurred to me.

Instead of carefully considering groups of believers for potential tax breaks so as not to discriminate, it might be better to revoke all tax break for religious groups. This would be least discriminatory -- and that includes against people of no faith. It would also (I assume) increase tax revenues and reduce costs at the Charity Commission as there would be no longer need to ponder who should be considered a 'proper' religious group for tax reasons.

If there's a negative aspect to revoking tax breaks for religious groups, it hasn't yet occurred to me.

I would agree with that. The Charity commissioners should be very strict about who they allow to be accredited.