House Price Crash Forum
nohpc

When Will A Recession Be Noticeable

I've said this from the beginning but if you hold onto your job it is hard to notice any effect of even the most severe recession.

I haven't been to Dublin recently but I would hazard a guess that:

1) house prices are still advertised at stupid price sin EA windows

2) restaurants are still full

3) trendy bars are still full

4) lots of chelsea tanks and affluent cars being driven around

and ireland is in a depression. Same goes for Iceland. When I went there a couple of years ago after their banking bust it still seemed like all systems go.

So even in major economic crisis the only thing affected are the numbers/governement stats/"value" of the FTSE etc.

If they had let all the banks go bust and house prices crash by 90% etc etc etc... I honestly don't think things would have been that bad after the short term pain for a year or two.

Now the future is just cloudy and us HPCers are stuck with high levels of savings and nowhere to go and nothing to spend it on (because everything is perceived as being ridiculously expensive after prices been driven up by sheeple buying on tick).

I haven't been to Dublin recently but I would hazard a guess that:

1) house prices are still advertised at stupid price sin EA windows

2) restaurants are still full

3) trendy bars are still full

4) lots of chelsea tanks and affluent cars being driven around

Hi I have been to Dublin in the last few weeks for the first time in a year and Yes it is noticeable.

House price have fallen (a lot)

Trendy bars are full (only at W/E's) and only in the City Center with mainly tourists. Suburban bars are having a terrible time.

As for the cars, the lack of 4X4's waw noticeable from last time they must have all been on HP.

Two years ago every second car had a brand new reg plate, now the all see to be 2007 and lower.

The one thing that sums up Ireland's downfall is Fish and Chips (small portion) at a local take-away was Euro9.60

Until the country gets competitive again they are doomed to years of deflation/stagnation.

Edited by Zach1965