House Price Crash Forum

Brown - Best Chancellor Ever!

vinny

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
BuyingBear,

I feel sorry for Brown in a way, these should be other peoples' problems by now, no doubt he fully expected to be in No 10 by 2003.

Not half as sorry as the following generations are going to be when they have the IOU to pay for the public sector liabilities and paying off the debt.

I have to laugh a little at that. Since when has a government had any intention of paying off the national debt? It isn't even on the radar these days.

My question is: where does the game end if a government perpetually extends the national debt at an accelerating rate? National bankruptcy and massive currency devaluation?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Going back to the original theme of this thread, I think if G.B. can get himself into No. 10 within the next year he'll be alright.

Most of the general public are that naive that whoever follows him will probably be the one having to take the tough / unpopular decisions, and therefore take the blame for a finacial disaster that seemingly happened overnight.

HOLA446

Gordon Brown may not be perfect. He has been far too cautious in terms of putting up top rate tax IMO, and he was involved in the disterous PPP for the Tube fiasco.

....my god you are thick!!!

have you any idea what putting up top rate tax would do???

The whole GLOBAL system is based on capital flow to the area that gives you the best return on your money...that's why the states is as resilient as it is,because money from higher tax areas/low return areas gets sucked into the US.

by raising our tax thresholds/over-regulating our workplaces/reducing our productivity he is signing away any rights we might have to a half-decent future....that's why euroland is fooked!

he would do far better to get the chavvy scroungers on benefits back to work by cutting/stopping their benefits after a set period,sack the public sector jobsworths(make them do something prouctive somebody else pays for), and use the proceeds of wages saved to lower taxes for EVERYBODY working for a living........he is doing totally the opposite.

...oh and freeze the minimum wage,businesses need to cut costs so this will help get the balance back.....sounds harsh but it works.......just watch germany!

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Most of the general public are that naive that whoever follows him will probably be the one having to take the tough / unpopular decisions, and therefore take the blame for a finacial disaster that seemingly happened overnight.

Whose going to be the Patsy then? :)

Ed Balls 1/3

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411