House Price Crash Forum

An Experiment I Made On Dating Sites

DrMartinSanchez

HOLA441

So a few months ago I decided to make a test on a well known dating site.

I created 2 fake profiles:

One is an aggressive douchebag, who has "the best job in the world" (in his own words) and openly admits to drinking too much and treating women like dirt.

The other is a normal bloke, an engineer who enjoys playing sports and watching movies and going out with friends.

Both men look very attractive on the photos.

Guess which one got all the messages from the ladies? (Hint: the first one's a landlord)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

One is an aggressive douchebag, who has "the best job in the world" (in his own words) and openly admits to drinking too much and treating women like dirt.

The other is a normal bloke, an engineer who enjoys playing sports and watching movies and going out with friends.

Guess which one got all the messages from the ladies? (Hint: the first one's a landlord)

I spot a problem. ;)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Can we see the profiles and responses? :)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I would guess that it would be whichever one was "solvent" and owned their own house and car.

Oh, and had a GSH. :rolleyes:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I would guess that it would be whichever one was "solvent" and owned their own house and car.

Oh, and had a GSH. :rolleyes:

Well I stand a good chance then of finding a young attractive new wife, but she will end up loving me as a person and not my wealth as I am one in a million. :D I wonder how pavement is doing these days, slightly younger than me but full of passion. :D

HOLA4415

Does your present wife know you have these plans?

Well as she says, I have put up with you for 42 years so I don`t think anybody else would put up with you for more than a week. :D You must be a newish member not to understand the Forum romance between myself and pavement who led me on. Only the old original members remember that. :lol:

HOLA4416

Well as she says, I have put up with you for 42 years so I don`t think anybody else would put up with you for more than a week. :D You must be a newish member not to understand the Forum romance between myself and pavement who led me on. Only the old original members remember that. :lol:

What happened, did you find a pot hole in the pavement and try and mate with it?

HOLA4417

Links please.

Yes we all know women like alpha-male assholes. Or at least thats what those of us with no girlfriends tell ourselves.

Profile 1 - Douchebag with a pretty face and too much money

Profile 2 - Average guy

Are you stalking again? :huh:

Just a social experiment I did 3 months ago.

To be fair the results were different to what I expected. I thought the douchebag guy would receive tons of emails from the chav girls.

But in reality I was contacted by educated girls with good jobs who have been on the site for a long time (golddiggers maybe? Or victims of the "I'm worth it" society?)

In total I received 4 mails and had 1 person trying to contact me on IM, in just 1 week.

(And in case you want to ask, yes I have too much time on my hands.)

Can we see the profiles and responses? :)

I made the experiment 3 months ago, and unfortunately the site doesn't keep your inbox items for more than 3 weeks.

But I revived the profile recently, and got another email last night from Heidi who is a paying member (I'm not revealing her full username):

Good Morning. I have just read your profile and I wanted to say how nice it was to read an honest one.

Hope you are ok and enjoying the weekend?

I'm thinking about playing with her for a while, but that would be cruel... :P

HOLA4418

:o

Douchebag landlord received another message while I was writing this.

From "Princess" (full username not revealed).

Good Morning I hope you have had a good weekend so far. Well I think I match your criteria I have no children at all. I have a well paid job and live by myself im very independent so certainely not after your money!!And I dont have any need to impress my friends. Anyway enough of that where are you a landlord of?

I love the US too I spent two years living in Florida when I was abit younger and have spent another couple of years travelling as I used to be a holiday rep.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

:o

Douchebag landlord received another message while I was writing this.

From "Princess" (full username not revealed).

Christ that's depressing. That guy reads like a total asshole but I'm sure that he will indeed get loads of replies. You'll get more replies if you're online and signed in to POF so it could be a worthwhile experiment to leave yourself logged in for most of today and see how many emails you notch up.

There is quite a large industry built around helping guys get women, helping them become so-called 'Pick Up Artists'. There are programs which range from giving guys 'lines' to use to attract women to those which go into massive detail trying to decode and decipher the social interactions which happen on a day to day basis to try and work out what people actually find attractive (as opposed to what they may say they do).

I've only ever seen part of one of the second category of programs, and the response from 'princess' seems to fit in exactly what that program was saying. Princess spends her whole email basically responding to every request that Mr Douchebag has made, in an attempt to prove that she is good enough for him and meets his 'criteria'. Douchebag has the upper hand.

Thing is though, she's probably a nutter and you wouldn't want anything to do with her anyway.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Your results are also going to be skewed because profile 2 looks ethnic (and cant use grammar) while profile1 is white and has good english.

So mate's is the plural of mate? (Profile1)

I couldn't see what you did. They both have grammatical errors.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived