House Price Crash Forum

New Poll Gives Labour First Lead In Three Years

Tired of Waiting

HOLA441

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/sep/30/ed-miliband-labour-icm-poll

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2010/10/poll-labour-cuts-points-tories

Morale boost for Ed Miliband as poll gives Labour first lead in three years

Ed Miliband ends his first week as Labour leader with his party ahead of the Tories in a Guardian/ICM poll for the first time since Gordon Brown ducked the chance of holding an election in 2007.

(...) today's poll puts Labour on 37%, unchanged on last month. The Conservatives have dropped two points to 35% – down from a post-election high of 41% in June – and the Liberal Democrats are unchanged on 18%.

Ed-Miliband-arriving-at-t-006.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Given opinion polls show that people WANT higher taxes on the richest people, banks to be charged extra levies, a higher minimum wage and more rights for workers maybe Labour should indeed move to the left.

Ah right, is that place called Utopia, where all our truoble's will be gone.

HOLA445

Vote Labour! Oh no there isn't an Election for another 4 1/2 years damn!

and from such impartial sources too!

I agree that these 2 sources are biased, lefty, but I think the polling companies are reasonably professional.

Re. 4 1/2 years to the next election, the problem is that these 4 1/2 years will probably the hardest in living memory. In terms of cuts, they didn't even start yet! We "ain't seen nothing yet"! Imagine the government's popularity in 4 1/2 years! (We can't even be sure the government will last 4 1/2 years!)

HOLA446

in other news, another survey found that 37% of the people questioned turned out to be complete and utter morons. The other 31% said that they did not believe the results of surveys were accurate, 28% said that most statistic were completely made up anyway and the remaining 4% attempted to get off with person carrying out the survey.

HOLA447

I agree that these 2 sources are biased, lefty, but I think the polling companies are reasonably professional.

Re. 4 1/2 years to the next election, the problem is that these 4 1/2 years will probably the hardest in living memory. In terms of cuts, they didn't even start yet! We "ain't seen nothing yet"! Imagine the government's popularity in 4 1/2 years! (We can't even be sure the government will last 4 1/2 years!)

Yep you're right and what's more if the people of the U.K are fickle enough to realise what Brown did and vote them in again then they deserve what they get.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Yep you're right and what's more if the people of the U.K are fickle enough to realise what Brown did and vote them in again then they deserve what they get.

I know. I agree. It is actually tragic already that the polls are so good for Labour. That, by itself, is already a damning indictment on the British electorate. (Democracy is indeed a very very counter-intuitive system...) Emigration anyone (else) ?

HOLA4414

Vote Labour! Oh no there isn't an Election for another 4 1/2 years damn!

and from such impartial sources too!

Well err ICM pollsters are impartial so that comment it totally meaningless

The Guardian have published endless polls showing Tory leads in recent years.

Oh, and can you actually remember who the Guardian backed in the last election (hint-it wasn't Labour).

HOLA4415

..Stalinism is alive.....get an economy like North Korea.....and we can appoint boy Generals ....sons of the leaders ... :rolleyes:

that would be like appointing a chancellor who didn't know what he was doing wouldn't it :)

HOLA4416

..Stalinism is alive.....get an economy like North Korea.....and we can appoint boy Generals ....sons of the leaders ... :rolleyes:

Like Tony Benn, Jack Straw, Mandleson (ok it skipped a generation) and no doubt at some point in the near future Tony Blair :unsure: Yes North Korea has alot to answer for ;)

HOLA4417

Well err ICM pollsters are impartial so that comment it totally meaningless

The Guardian have published endless polls showing Tory leads in recent years.

Oh, and can you actually remember who the Guardian backed in the last election (hint-it wasn't Labour).

Did I touch a nerve? :)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The nerve that is touched by nonsensical comments? most certainly :P

Feel free if you actually want to add to the debate by defending your comment otherwise I'll just assume that my point is taken. :D

Oh yes, I believe the polls, how many other papers did they make it to just out of interest

4 1/2 years, have set my clock, can't wait,

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

How may papers did they make it to? What does that even mean?

I didn't write that...I wrote

'how many other papers did they make it to just out of interest'

it was only a question :rolleyes:

Anyone would think you're Red Ed!

HOLA4422

I didn't write that...I wrote

'how many other papers did they make it to just out of interest'

it was only a question :rolleyes:

Anyone would think you're Red Ed!

I still don't really understand what you mean-do you mean how many other papers reported this poll?

It doesn't work like that-each newspaper commissions the pollster to do a poll so only that paper publishes it.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Its not much of a poll lead is it, considering the state of the economy, a shiny new leader & blanket coverage of the Labour conference? I just can't see Labour winning the next election.

I can, this government will be very unpopular in 4 years time. I don't see them doing enough to change things, this country will just lurch forward in a zombie state.

Archived