House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Manchester City Reveal Financial Losses Of £121M

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9051136.stm

Manchester City have announced losses of £121m for the 12 months leading up to 31 May this year, having spent more on wages than their entire turnover.

The financial losses, up from £92.5m for the previous year, represent one of the heaviest in Premier League history.

Wage costs of £133m exceeded a turnover of £125m, which in the vast majority of businesses would be unsustainable.

But City are owned by wealthy Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi, who wants to see the club competing at the very top.

He has spent more than £300m on players since buying City - who have not won a trophy for 34 years - from the former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in late 2008.

World-renowned stars such as Carlos Tevez, James Milner, David Silva and Yaya Toure have joined the club on big weekly wages as Roberto Mancini's squad bid to break into the top four of the English Premier League, having just missed out in fifth place last season.

"Two years ago I was fortunate enough to become part of the Manchester City story and I remain grateful for the warmth of the welcome that you have given me," Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan said in a letter posted on the club's official website.

"The ownership of a club like Manchester City, with such a rich heritage and diverse community of stakeholders, carries a unique set of obligations to the fans, staff and broader Manchester community.

"This is something I do not take lightly.

So if Sheikh Mansour gets bored of being involved in football Man City are screwed.

No one will be able to compete with this.

I can only hope that wendyball disappears up its own clackervalve sooner rather than later also taking the mindless sheep who watch it and the overnumerated cheating, spitting excuses for humanity that play it.

That's right, I don't like wendyball.

I can only hope that wendyball disappears up its own clackervalve sooner rather than later also taking the mindless sheep who watch it and the overnumerated cheating, spitting excuses for humanity that play it.

Hmmm, your dislike of football is apparent!!

However, as a lower league football fan (League 1) I must say I agree with the sentiment of clubs being ran properly, i.e. from the revenue a club can generate. I am disgusted the wages that these top players earn, particularly in the light of the terrible performance of the England team in South Africa in the summer.

There are some very badly ran clubs which are distorting the wages for all other clubs. I do hope that one day soon one of these big clubs owners gets bored of their little plaything and stuffs a so called "big club" (like a Chelsea / Man Utd / Liverpool / Man City). Hopefully once that has happened football can return to the sport it was pre-Premiershi* and I won't have to pay £25 to watch my team playing away at Charlton Athletic in the third division.

I don't understand why football fans put up with it, to be honest.

Season tickets are daylight robbery; fans are just being used as cash cows to fund billionaires' schemes and are seeing their clubs wrecked in the process.

Wendyball seems to be an expression used exclusively, and sheep-like by rugby fans. Tell us you arent!

Rugby Union gets a better press because it is the game of choice of the elite wannabe professional class who turn a blind eye to the drug abuse and ever growing list of scandals (bloodgate/gold buggy gate/ped use) blighting the game.

Dont see many footballers finding time tp entering sequinned sequence dancing contests against soap stars either.

All sport is for playing, watching it can never come anywhere close.

Edited by Bring forth the guillotine

I don't understand why football fans put up with it, to be honest.

Season tickets are daylight robbery; fans are just being used as cash cows to fund billionaires' schemes and are seeing their clubs wrecked in the process.

A working class game - hijacked (esp by the pay per view sky type broadcasters) and distorted.

Rugby Union gets a better press because it is the game of choice of the elite wannabe professional class...

....in England ..maybe....but not the general rule in say Wales and parts of Scotland..... :rolleyes:

Good post. ;)